Yfw rome finally fell

>yfw rome finally fell

>Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Holy fuck this guy's name is retarded

Thank goodness you're here Doctor, Kira's in the Infirmary with a weird Bajoran disease.

>you realize the majority of dumb whiteys idolizing the Romans had their ancestors raped, enslaved and tortured by the Romans for centuries

What a load of dumb cucks Europeans are.

>>you realize the majority of dumb whiteys idolizing the Romans had their ancestors raped, enslaved and tortured by the Romans for centuries
maybe if you were western European.

>tfw Italian

>Romans didn't rape, enslave and torture other people in the Italic peninsula

>watch one of the 60s epic movies set in Rome
>centurion becomes disillusioned with Rome
>walks away stating "no Rome is finished"
>his companions mock him "we control all of north Africa and Gaul and dont forget Britannia..."
>narrator in heavy American accent "he was right in 400 years Rome would Fall"
WOW HE SURE SHOWED THEM

>Rome would fall
never understood why they always ignored the ERE. It went on for 1000 years more

Edward Gibbon is the father of western historiographical tradition so his weird hang-ups about the eastern Empire sort of infected everyone who came after him.

Nowadays people are kind of growing out of it though. Most journals I edit use "medieval Roman Empire" instead of "Byzantine Empire" now.

Byzantine armor is heavily underrated
It's a good mixture of style and substance

That's pretty cool looking. I wish byzantine aesthethics were more proudly displayed. I haven't seen much of it but I can't help but think it inspired in great many ways later Ottoman arab aesthethics.

>Didn't control Rome
>Roman

you should be banned for this post

so did the Romans stop being Roman when Emperor Constantine switched the capital to Constantinople?

What about the 200 years they did control Rome for?

>Eastern """Roman""" Empire
>literally LARPing Greeks
I guess the Ottomans were Romans too, since the Sultan called himself Kayser in Rum?

doesn't matter. Italians will always be proud of Roman blood flowing through their veins. Raping, enslaving, and torturing didn't come out just with the Romans, so better to have a great great grand mother raped by a legionary than by a filthy barbarian

The Roman Empire in the medieval period was the exact same state that had been founded in ancient times. The Ottoman Empire was a completely different political entity hundreds of miles away that had been founded under completely different circumstances and had a completely different culture.

agree.

this behaviour shouldn't be allowed on a serious board

*sigh*

twats like you kill Veeky Forums

>we wuz africans n shiiet das rite

Based Siddig. Best Hannibal

>conveniently forgetting the complete annihilation of the western roman empire and the massive migration of northern and eastern barbarians into the italian peninsula

There were around over ten million people in Italy in the 5th century. A few tribal immigrations isn't going to change their genetics significantly.

This. People seriously underestimate that amount of time and effort it takes to completely breed out a local population.

Egyptians have been dealing with arabs for almost a thousand years and they are still genetically very closely related to ancient Egyptians.

I used to think this but then I did some actual research and found out the barbarians didn't even made a dent on most of Italy's genetic makeup.

The Romans imposed civilisation on a wild and barbarous Europe and we were better off for it.