Americans hate them!

Americans hate them!

This small, poor country discovered the secret to defeating global superpowers, and now you can too!

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20080415014538/http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-conflicts-periods/vietnam/tunnels.htm
sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/cuchi.html
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/04/the-drugs-that-built-a-super-soldier/477183/
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU&t=185s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RRRRRREEEE NOT FAIR, FUCKING GOOKS!!

The secret is to have a nuclear umbrella from the Chinese.

What the fuck, this is some dungeons and dragons levels of level design. How do you even build all this shit? You can't even dig inside the tunnel with your shovel.

I can't imagine living down there. It seems so unnatural.

Asians going back to their worker ant roots.

Damn they knew what the fuck they were doing.

Freedoming on hard-mode

Makes me wonder what another war with Asia would be like.

Plot twist the Chink attack them and Vietnam end up becoming a US allied

incredible, is this real?

lead me to the source

*unsheathes Operation Arclight*

Crazy fucking rice farmers

>a door would open filling the tunnel with scorpions

I have a question.

Why didn't the Americans just Use what the germans used on the jews to force the rats to get out of this tunnel?

I mean if all tunnels is interconnected and all the veits are all there, why don't they just gassed all possible entries and exit points with some deadly gas, so that they will be force to get out and just shoot them? I mean just gassed them with an powerful engine that could fill up the whole system in a matter of minutes or so.

unless they have some gas mask or somethin

and so is living on your basement is unnatural and retarded,

Like all other wars with Asia no doubt, a bloodshed.

DELETE THIS

I don't know much about the Vietnam war. I'm now wondering if the Americans even knew of these stuff during the conflict.

Poison gas has been banned in warfare since WW1

water barriers like a toilet

this

>mine well and hospital so close to each other

>...In fact, deliberately luring tunnel rats to their deaths inside the holes was an early Viet Cong tactic and often involved a particularly unpleasant way of killing them. Two or three tunnel rats would be encouraged to proceed without hindrance down one level, as Vo Thi Mo has described. Even the Viet Cong could not predict the girth of the lead tunnel rat, but what was inevitable was that he would have considerable difficulty when trying to wriggle up through the narrow trapdoor that led back to ground level. He had to come up head first. There was no choice.

>Originally, this one dreadful moment of weakness was exploited by the tunnel defenders by shooting the man as he emerged. But soon they refined a more practical technique. As the unfortunate point man cautiously put his arms and head through the hole, a guerrilla would wait with a sharpened bamboo or even an iron spear, which he would plunge through the GI’s throat with tremendous two-handed force. The soldier remained impaled, his body wedged in the trapdoor, a grotesque human cork in a bottle, held in place by the spear resting on both sides of the shaft. The tunnel rats below could neither throw grenades up nor pull their dead point man back down. Their only option was to return the way they had come. Naturally, the Viet Cong had made appropriate plans for their perilous return journey.

>small, poor country
>armed, trained, supplied and 'advised' by a superpower

>Vo Thi Mo recalled the Americans’ fury when their comrades died in this way. They would respond by hurling satchel charges or grenades down the tunnels, but of course this did not cause much structural damage. “When they used gas it was more of a problem for us,” she explained, “but we started to isolate the gas by keeping specially shaped rubber-tree trunks in the tunnels and then using them as plugs in the narrowest part of the tunnel, to prevent gas passing through. It worked well and sealed the tunnel, but we did run out of rubber trees after the Americans began using Agent Orange to poison our land.”

Vietnamese are kobolds.

No?

USA saw Vietnam's Soviet dicksucking as a threat. Which is why nobody cared about Pol Pot's shit so long as he remains out of scummy Soviet influence.

What do you do if you fall into the well ?

so Americans didn't use agent orange during the war?
aka poison gas

You poison your whole camp with your filth and rotting body.

probably a ladder

imagine the roundeyed landwhales beached between tunnels with their lard asses pitchforked

Fucking hell this gives a perspective into the whole rice farmers meme.
I respect yanks a little more now.

Fuck yeah, Asian power.

>Americans’ fury when their comrades died in this way
lmao get fucked yanks

>sometimes, however, a dead end waited

these people were incredible

How much of a bad ass would you have to be to volunteer for tunnel rat duty?

why the fug would the burgers even enter there? Rather get court martialed than that

That representation of the tunnels is highly unrealistic. I've been to Cu Chi and other tunneled areas and several guides there told me that tunnels looking like this is mostly a post-war propaganda thing. 95% of the tunnel were just short and shallow and used as quick escape mechanisms or for surprise attacks. Like a few vietcong would wait for a US patrol to pass by, open fire for a short while and then quickly duck into tunnels before the US patrols could catch them. They'd emerge after say 50 or 100 yards of tunnels and then make their escape above ground.
There are a few instances of tunnels being lived in for longer periods of times but mostly these were used as cover against bombing or shelling. Not as bunker systems on the front line of combat, as implied here. The Vietnamese government likes to promote this idea though because it reinforces the idea of a bunch of simple rice farmers using genius tactics to beat a superpower.

pic related: Pajeet goes tunnel rat

Communist guerrilla troops known as Viet Cong (VC) dug tens of thousands of miles of tunnels, including an extensive network running underneath the Cu Chi district northwest of Saigon

Communist forces began digging a network of tunnels under the jungle terrain of South Vietnam in the late 1940s, during their war of independence from French colonial authority. Tunnels were often dug by hand, only a short distance at a time. As the United States increasingly escalated its military presence in Vietnam in support of a non-Communist regime in South Vietnam beginning in the early 1960s, North Vietnamese and Viet Cong troops (as Communist supporters in South Vietnam were known) gradually expanded the tunnels. At its peak during the Vietnam War, the network of tunnels in the Cu Chi district linked VC support bases over a distance of some 250 kilometers, from the outskirts of Saigon all the way to the Cambodian border.

www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/cu-chi-tunnels

The traps aren't an invention though, and they got real nasty with it too.

These tunnels are enlarged to fit western tourists and still its impossible to describe just how hot and claustrophobic they are. It's incredibly tiresome to crawl around in them at any reasonable speed. Not knowing how much further you have to go before you can emerge again, staring into darkness and knowing you can't turn around and go back is unpleasant to say the least.

>amerilard butthurt at being defeated by superhuman eusocial subterranean rice farmers detected

tourists go to replica tunnels that are built to pass through large chunks of fat turds

the real tunnels were bombed out by assblasted obese white apes

stay mad fucking mongrel Americuck

Not American you faggot.

>bombs your farms and forests
>kills your family
>leaves landmines and chemicals that are still killing your people

America was over the Vietnam War in the 1980's. How are things going in Vietnam?

Still sawing bombs in halves for scrap metal

>lose 1 million of your people in a war for communism
>turn to capitalism anyway in a few decades

Almonds: activated

That was a market for selling scrap metal from shells and bombs, pics of actual bomb sawing are nonexist.

As I recall, it was usually the smallest, thinnest soldiers who had tunnel rat duty. They were the only ones who could comfortably fit in the tunnels, which were dug to accommodate a much smaller Vietnamese physique.

dammit the downside of being a manlet never ends

Jesus fuck.

>fight for independence against white devils
communists were supportive of this

>allow private enterprise
communists were supportive of this

same in tito's yugoslavia, libya, until the fat white fucks invite themselves to your party and start shitting in your drink

Is that a fucking ant farm

Source for this, please?

Most of this picture is over exaggerated bullshit. Scorpion traps? are you serious?

web.archive.org/web/20080415014538/http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-conflicts-periods/vietnam/tunnels.htm

sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/cuchi.html

bullshit. these tunnels were more complex and sophisticated than anything the genocidal rockefellers, kissingers, nixons, hiters could ever devise

underground city with living areas, kitchens, storage, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centres. In places, it was several stories deep and housed up to 10,000 people who virtually lived underground for years.... getting married, giving birth, going to school

just because your primitive peabrain cant phathom such a complicated and sophisticated design and implementation doesnt mean that the Viet masterrace is as retarded as you and your shit race

based viets

all those fantasy video games you played to keep your monkey ass entertained were developed by combat-tested Vietnamese

The answer is drugs, combat drugs :

>“We had the best amphetamines available and they were supplied by the U.S. government,” said Elton Manzione, a member of a long-range reconnaissance platoon (or Lurp). He recalled a description he’d heard from a navy commando, who said that the drugs “gave you a sense of bravado as well as keeping you awake. Every sight and sound was heightened. You were wired into it all and at times you felt really invulnerable.”

>The standard army instruction was rarely followed; doses of amphetamine were issued, as one veteran put it, “like candies,” with no attention given to recommended dose or frequency of administration.

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/04/the-drugs-that-built-a-super-soldier/477183/

>That part about water barriers

go back to /int/ lads. This board is for discussing real history, not roleplaying countries.

>t was several stories deep and housed up to 10,000 people who virtually lived underground for years

The longest successive time spend underground was just short of 200 days. This was in tunnels designed to protect against shelling and bombing, not designed to play an active role in an infantry front.

Thank you for outing yourself as a retard. You can leave the thread now.

stop shitposting. You belong at /b/ or /bint/.

and here's where you out yourself as completely clueless about what you are talking about

>everyone's falling for it
Scorpion traps? Sentry snakes? $20 for a taxi in a country where you could buy 3 underaged girls for 15? This is blatant propaganda.

all those fat burgers still stuck in the tunnels would like to have a word with you

Dwarf Fortress general is on Veeky Forums

Hmmm who to believe

You sure are edgy, you slanty eyed twink.

It's vague, but I had a nightmare where me and some friends had to escape some underground cave by swimming down an inclined pipe filled with water. It was straight and super narrow so I could barely move.

I went first, and it was a dead end.

How hot were these tunnels?

The smaller tunnels used in front line combat? hot as fucking balls. Even the tourist versions had me dripping with sweat after just a few yards. The uncomfortable posture you have to take to be able to 'walk' in them also doesn't help. The larger tunnel networks used as bomb shelters (like I said before, not very common), we're surprisingly comfortable. They somehow managed to get the things pretty well ventilated, making it a nice cool retreat from the blistering outside heat.

pic related.

and they were already wining since the assault rifle picking phase.

>ITT: White boys think tunnelshittery was a Vietnamese innovation.
Half their tunnelniggery they learned from Japs.

Eternal reminder that the Viet Cong were all battle-hardened veterans from their war against the French, with experience at repelling foreign powers
The whole "Rice farmers with guns" meme needs to end

why do weeaboos fucking pollute everything

youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU&t=185s

The 30 round mags were also a big advantage.

Cappadocians did it first

No. That would be the NVA

The Vietcong were merely the communists who got trapped down South, and many were from civilian life.

imagine one of your friends getting speared through the throat by some tiny chink in a dirt hole

Nope, you're entirely wrong
The Viet Cong originated with the Viet Minh, who saw action in the First Indochina War

>even considering entering a tunnel.
Just seal the entrances.

>/tv/ designs an insurgency

It'll prolly get destroyed by Erdogan's goons for being anti-islamic.

its a herbicide with carinogenic effects, i bet you think depleted uranium ammo is nuclear warfare too.