Has Italy been on the decline since Rome? Pic semi-related

Has Italy been on the decline since Rome? Pic semi-related

WE

Pretty sure that pic is from the Carthage map of Rome II total war so its not related at all.

>carthage
>not related to rome

you mean since the beginning of roman empire when rome was a village? i doubt it

>has italy declined since rome?
>posts picture of a north african city

???

carthago delenda est

Leave Hannibal to me

>since Rome

Since the city was founded? Since the HBO show was cancelled?

What's the source of this? Real manga?

Are you retarded?

The manga name is Ad Astra

This is actually really good. Thanks, user.

You're welcome.

Italy has been an on again off again great power but has remained a cultural and philosophical juggernaut consistently for over the past 2000 years. It's certainly more than nations like Iceland or Norway can say about themselves, who've been backwater until the 20th century

carthage as it appears in OP's pic had long been destroyed by the date indicated on that map.

Wtf OP renaissance and Italian city state period was literally Italy's golden age

>Anything greater than Ancient Rome
Are you fucking kidding

Yes. We wuz the greatest Kangz, but recently we have become a backwater which produces literally nothing of value.

Our food and baking is our greatest product but these have long been appropriated by the rest of the world.

Italy is fated to never again be a relevant country. The country would be improved if everyone gave up modern life and started role playing Roman Republic.

Weird as this may sound I've been theorizing that the nation which holds Italy back from being a great power isn't Germany, the U.K., America or Russia but France. Among the 5 Latin nations in Europe Spain and Portugal can always be junior parterns but so long as France exist Italy will never be the hegemon of the Latin sphere. Geographically, economically, and militarily France is just too powerful.

Modern day Italy does owe its existence to France though. If it wasn't for the French then Austria would've kept Italy divided and possibly even conquered more of it.

>a picture of a city the Romans DESTROYED.

Oh my god. It's obviously a reference to Scipio during the fall of Carthage and the fate of all empires.

>Scipio, when he looked upon the city as it was utterly perishing and in the last throes of its complete destruction, is said to have shed tears and wept openly for his enemies. After being wrapped in thought for long, and realizing that all cities, nations, and authorities must, like men, meet their doom; that this happened to Ilium, once a prosperous city, to the empires of Assyria, Media, and Persia, the greatest of their time, and to Macedonia itself, the brilliance of which was so recent, either deliberately or the verses escaping him, he said: 'A day will come when sacred Troy shall perish, And Priam and his people shall be slain.'

actually that's not Carthage the wall surrounds the whole port