CORSICA

Reminder that this beautiful island, which is currently under french control, is as italian as Sardinia and has been so since Antiquity.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquale_Paoli#Pasquale_Paoli_and_Italian_irredentism
youtube.com/watch?v=5EDXgUducfo
youtube.com/watch?v=j3OZCXyrbTY
youtube.com/watch?v=knIqF2quyG8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4B6I1ofco
youtube.com/watch?v=wsB7ZIg8ZLY
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4iDZMeDjs
youtube.com/watch?v=J7d4eISqp80
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0cJlq66-M
youtube.com/watch?v=sTgi5mH3tM0
youtube.com/watch?v=qqc_iubymtA
youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCiBiQJ8o
youtube.com/watch?v=s105TpknORY
youtube.com/watch?v=dGi67dhv6hA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIduNWLuGIs
youtube.com/watch?v=acFwlDCTQJo
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcBa2KEv5s
youtube.com/watch?v=noXeqxYfj9g
youtube.com/watch?v=yEmjWI3Ib4s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The "Babbu di a Patria" (Father of the fatherland), as was nicknamed Pasquale Paoli by the Corsican Italians, wrote in his Letters the following appeal in 1768 against the French invaders:

We are Corsicans by birth and sentiment, but first of all we feel Italian by language, origins, customs, traditions; and Italians are all brothers and united in the face of history and in the face of God ... As Corsicans we wish to be neither slaves nor "rebels" and as Italians we have the right to deal as equals with the other Italian brothers ... Either we shall be free or we shall be nothing... Either we shall win or we shall die (against the French), weapons in hand ... The war against France is right and holy as the name of God is holy and right, and here on our mountains will appear for Italy the sun of liberty....

("Siamo còrsi per nascita e sentimento ma prima di tutto ci sentiamo italiani per lingua, origini, costumi, tradizioni e gli italiani sono tutti fratelli e solidali di fronte alla storia e di fronte a Dio… Come còrsi non vogliamo essere né schiavi né "ribelli" e come italiani abbiamo il diritto di trattare da pari con gli altri fratelli d’Italia… O saremo liberi o non saremo niente… O vinceremo con l’onore o soccomberemo (contro i francesi) con le armi in mano... La guerra con la Francia è giusta e santa come santo e giusto è il nome di Dio, e qui sui nostri monti spunterà per l’Italia il sole della libertà…")

Pasquale Paoli wanted the Italian language to be the official language of his Corsican Republic. His Corsican Constitution of 1755 was in Italian and the short-lived university he founded in the city of Corte in 1765 used Italian.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquale_Paoli#Pasquale_Paoli_and_Italian_irredentism

Hymn of Corsica (italian):
youtube.com/watch?v=5EDXgUducfo

Some more Corsican music so you can get a taste of the language (corsican-italian mutual intelligibility is extreme):
O Mà parlami corsu - L'Attrachju
youtube.com/watch?v=j3OZCXyrbTY
Cù lu stessu destinu - I Muvrini
youtube.com/watch?v=knIqF2quyG8
Mediterraniu - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz4B6I1ofco
L'arcusgi di Pasquale - L'Arcusgi
youtube.com/watch?v=wsB7ZIg8ZLY
Amerindianu - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=RD4iDZMeDjs
Mi ne vogu - Vitalba
youtube.com/watch?v=J7d4eISqp80
A Cispra - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0cJlq66-M
Ricordu - I Surghjenti
youtube.com/watch?v=sTgi5mH3tM0
I ghjuvannali - Canta U Populu Corsu
youtube.com/watch?v=qqc_iubymtA
A ghitarra - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCiBiQJ8o
Venite incu me - I Muvrini
youtube.com/watch?v=s105TpknORY
Nova virtù - L'Attrachju
youtube.com/watch?v=dGi67dhv6hA
Ghjochi - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIduNWLuGIs
O piscadore - L'Arcusgi
youtube.com/watch?v=acFwlDCTQJo
Avarà - I Surghjenti
youtube.com/watch?v=8rcBa2KEv5s
Pueta - Diana di l'Alba
youtube.com/watch?v=noXeqxYfj9g

what is corsica's endgame tho?

L'indipendenza.

they wanna go with italy or make corsica great again?

>they wanna go with italy
No, because of french brainwashing and fascism ruined by g*rman autism.
>or make corsica great again
Pretty much, also make Corsica corsophone again. If France didn't make them lose their language they'd surely be more pro-ItaIy.

Come back to us Corsica sempai

BASED CORSICAN POSTER.

Bump pè a Corsica è pè tutti i Corsi!

Recommended: Mamma corsa guadagna 1300 al giorno lavorando da casa dal suo portatile

Cosica is french, like Nice and Savoy.
Deal with it

and just as negrified/semitised.

bien fait pour ta gueule de cuque

fun fact: napoleon was Corsican

Fun fact #2: Napoleone di Buonaparte couldn't write french properly and spoke it with a thick italian accent.

Fun fact #3:Corsica is rightful Spanish clay

part of north algeria now, mon ami

Fun fact #4: fact #3 is bullshit.

You probably mean Sardinia. Corsica was never under any spanish influence throughout history.

Italy can have this piece of chauvinist good-for-nothing terrorist shithole. Even with all the tourism there they can't sustain themselves so anyone with a claim on Corsica is welcome to get their treasury drained on some region that will always stay butthurt because muh independance

>Corsica was never under any spanish influence throughout history.
Corsica was part of the crown of Aragon and Genova (Spanish vassal) therefor Corsica was an extension of Spain

>Implying Sardinia is Italian

It is, I'm Sardinian and I feel Italian to the bone

Traitor

To crash France with no survivors.

launchpad for the north african invasion

Another Sardinian here and it makes sense since the kingdom of Italy basically spawned from the kingdom of Sardinia.
Our current flag is better though.

>, is as italian as Sardinia
But Sardinians don't consider themselves Italians and want the independance, same goes for Corsicans

Not really, some Sardinians just want Sardinia to become a "free zone", but still consider themselves italians.

>But Sardinians don't consider themselves Italians
[citation needed]

Just nuke corsica and settle the matter once and for all. Nobody will want a irradiated hunk if rock in the middle of the Mediterranean.

t. François du Macron

Italy didn't even exist in Antiquity

Nice meme.

Bien?

go home luigi

Where are you from?

>come home pasquale
ftfy*

why do italians keep trying to push this?

a) and

b) they violently drove out the genoans

dont fall for it

>a)
Stale meme.
>they violently drove out the genoans
>the genoans
Yes.

>This thread again.

This. 100 times this.

No, you are not.

He's not Sardinian, he's the same false-flagging faggot roleplaying as a Casteddaiu that often posts on /int/. Kind of a lower-quality "I am greek" poster (and that's already saying a lot). Now he's spamming in this board too.

No, we want independence.

>No, we want independence.
literally every region in italy wants independence. it's just not going to happen in realistic circumstances.

Cittudidda and sbogandindi da mesu scalloisi

>we want independence
>we

Maybe you are right, who knows what could happen or not, the point is that Sardinians definitely don't fell Italian and want independence (and no, majority of regions are not in the same situations. The only other legit ones are probably South Tyrol and Veneto). It's going to happen soon =/= desires, but still the posts I replied to were full of shit.

Nice try. I give it a solid 2/10.

*don't feel

I'm Sardinian and I feel Italian to the bone

Keep being deluded.

BTFO

BTFO 2x

are you illiterate

No, are you?

>me
>deluded
I'm not the one resorting to spamming because of butthurt here. See the post under yours, unless you are the same guy.

stai zitto, italiano

I'm Italian and I feel Sardinian to the bone

do you not understand what italy is

I'm Finnish and I feel Korean to the bone

Ti cago in bocca?

I'm German and I feel Greek to the bone

>do you not understand what italy is
Yes, I understand that it's more than just an official state. Same goes for Corsica, it may be currently controlled by France but it still isn't a french island, though it is officially, i.e. on worthless administrative papers.

I'm Frank and I feel Roman to the core

STFU, Corsica is rightful French clay. You have no right to anything, like you have no culture.

I'm African-American and I feel Ancient Egyptian to the bone

Sardinians are Italians, they speak an Italic language, traded with ancient people from Italy since the dawn of time, and more importantly, came to Sardinia from fucking Italy!!!

>they speak an Italic language
So do the French, the Portuguese, the Romanians and everyone who uses a romance language. Are you retarded?

>traded with ancient people from Italy since the dawn of time
*traded with the whole Mediterranean and even fucking Scandinavia

>and more importantly, came to Sardinia from fucking Italy!!!
When? Before the Italians were even a thing, since genetically they are mostly pre-indoeuropeans?

>italic language
Kek, are Spain and France rightful Italian clay as well?

Do you guys even know what Italic means? Languages that exist in the peninsula.

Yep, you are actually retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages

Sardinian is not an italic language

Ferme ta gueule de cagnacciu, sale pinzutu de merde que tu es.

A FRANCISATA BASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a corsican i don't know what would be worse between staying french and seeing our people die, or becoming italianized spaghetti eaters. Corsica is not for the french or the italians, it's for u populu Corsu fratè

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italic_languages
>The Italic languages are a subfamily of the Indo-European language family, originally spoken by Italic peoples. They include Latin and its descendants (the Romance languages)
It includes all those languages as well. Stop posting, nigger.

Italic primarily means Italian.
It is.

>italianized
Corsica has been italianized from the roman conquest, throughout the Middle Ages, until the french conquest.

The corsican language = from the italian peninsula (most mutually intelligible with italian)
The corsican culture = from the italian peninsula (part of "italian culture")
The corsican people = from the italian peninsula (mass-migrations from the peninsula to Corsica)

>Italic primarily means Italian.

>French primarily means Italian
KEK
E
K

Irrelevant. Sardinian is more intelligible with italian than with any other language that isn't native to the italian peninsula.

This is bait, Sardinian is much more similar to Spanish than to italian

It's really not. Like, not at all. It's WAY more intelligible with Spanish or, in written form, even with Portuguese.

Yes it absolutly was until the french conquest but now we made our own path the francisation only reinforced the specificities of the island. I'm a corsican living in italy and i can tell you i see the cultural as well as ethnic differences between us and the italians everyday.
Heck, even Mussolini didn't considered the Corsicans italians, about Corsica he was saying that he wanted "la gabbia senza gli uccelli", "The cage without the birds"

At this point I think the whole thread and half of the Italian posts are bait. To be this stupid it would take really a lot of brain damage as a kid

>As a corsican i don't know what would be worse between staying french and seeing our people die, or coming home
>i don't know what would be worse
I see that the french brainwashing has been very successful.

No it's not.

>but now we made our own path the francisation only reinforced the specificities of the island
What?
>i can tell you i see the cultural as well as ethnic differences between us and the italians everyday
There are many differences between Sicily and Lombardy, Veneto and Tuscany, etc., this is normal. Corsica as an italian province will have its own regional differences, like all other provinces.
>Mussolini
Stopped reading.

>no arguments

Do you even speak a romance language?

>Not knowing even the definition of "Italic"
>Not being even able to read from Wikipedia
>No knowledge of the languages they are talking about
Ok, you are in the wrong place.
>is that way.

"Siamo còrsi per nascita e sentimento ma prima di tutto ci sentiamo italiani. . ."
- Babbu di a Patria

>b-b-but I think tha-
Shut up.

Read

Do you?

3 and learning another, what about you?

Already included. It's the third point. You are shitposting.
See
You know nothing of Sardinian.

>You know nothing of Sardinian.
Do you?

4 and learning another :^)

Yes.

>shitposting
Shut up next time instead of talking about things you know nothing about.

What do you know about it?

The funny that it's that I'm serious, and you were not. You are the only one not being able to read a Wikipedia article and trying to move the point of the discussion, "talking about things you know nothing about" it's all you have ever done here.