Maps

Let's get some historical maps in here.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!uwdiHbjC!iNyml8vB4fctplcOx-j8pxBBqlzPzK2c4gAyy5kW61w
nurnet.crs4.it/nurnetgeo/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cordand.nurmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love map threads. Here's a map I saved yesterday, showing proposed expansion of Finno-Ugric speakers.

delete this.

I have this in my map folder, how accurate this is?

>Lebannon was a Christian majority country until the 1940's

>Camolodunum

Ok, we've found Cameloth

This has always seemed obvious to me but it's far from widely accepted. Colchester is perfectly positioned to be capital for a warlord resisting the early English kingdoms of East Anglia and Kent / Sussex, as well as having a suspiciously similar name.

mega.nz/#!uwdiHbjC!iNyml8vB4fctplcOx-j8pxBBqlzPzK2c4gAyy5kW61w

Map of Prehistoric archaeological sites of Sardinia. I had to put in on MEGA because it's an image of over 22mb (5342x9812). While still incomplete, is probably the best around.

Pic related it's a shit-quality version, pretty much a thumbnail.
The interactive version is even more updated, and has way more data (also you can change the language to English):

nurnet.crs4.it/nurnetgeo/

Android app for the interactive map:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cordand.nurmap
The legend of the image is in Italian. Translation:

Nuraghe monotorre = Monotower Nuraghe

Nuraghe monotorre sito non verificato = Monotower Nuraghe, non verified site

Nuraghe a corridoio = Protonuraghe/Corridor nuraghe

Nuraghe complesso = Polylobed Nuraghe or a Tancato nuraghe

Dolmen = Dolmen

Domus de Janas = Domus de Janas

Tombe dei Giganti = Giant's Tomb/Grave (Sardinian megalithic gallery grave)

Menhir = Menhir

Villages = Villages

Pozzo sacro = Sacred well

Culto dell'acqua = Water cult Temples or structures in general

Fontana sacra = Sacred fountain

Unicum = Unicum (something that is unique and doesn't belong to any category)

Grotte tafoni = Ancients tombs inside Tafoni

>Dolmen = Dolmen

Thanks for translating this bro, I was really confused!

You may never know

If Lebanon was often under Christian leadership why didn't they have better relations with Israel than the rest of the Arab states?

Fuck off kike

Because by the time Israel came into existence Lebanon was locked into a civil war as it's Muslim population reached the tipping point and began openly massacring Christians.

>live in northern romania border-in-border with the ukraine
>your home has absolute jack shit to do with wallachians and southern romania and wasn't even romanian until very recently
>most people have polish/armenian/russian last names
>be forced to study the magical dacians and forest-dwelling wallachians

Nationalism was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Bukovina/Maramures was a mistake. Should've let the hohols have you if you love them so much you fucking inbred peasants.

I vastly prefer actual old maps to modern maps depicting older periods.

Largely because I'm a linguistics geek and place names, spelling, and conventions evolving over time make me wet.

Pic related, where I'm from.

I like both but old maps do have a special charm

intersting stuff, m8

I love this one. You can see the extent of Slavic settlement in some of these.

Ok I'm dumping my maps folder

whoops sorry don't know why that pic's in there

continued...

Here's the full map, not much different but maybe there's people out there who are like me and prefer the original

much appreciated

This'll be my last one - The 4MB rule eliminates half my folder

I feel you, I've got a few maps that are 100MB+ in size. A lot that are just a bit over the limit, too.

Sauce ?

Odenburg democratically voted to stay with Hungary. Its literally the only region in the treaty of trianon which was allowed to choose where it wants to stay. Its so strange that there are people who are butthurt about it.
Austria didn't have any right to Burgerland anyway.

Year?

It's a modern map

>comic sans
I can't take this map seriously.

what're the slavic ones?
-itz and -ow?

-au (as the Germanised version of -ow), -hau (basically the same thing), -in, itz and -ow. You can see the patterns of Slavic settlement through some of the German forms, too.

Very cool map, and today the flight time from LA to NY is only 5 hours. Crazy world we live in.

>horni

heeyukheeyuk

It is basically established that if there was an Arthur figure he would have been based in more western areas. Essex was seized very, very early on and long before the Briton counter-attack that is typically attributed to Arthur.

>x-files theme plays

>It is basically established that if there was an Arthur figure he would have been based in more western areas.

This isn't established at all, it's inferred because most of the Welsh myths about Arthur are in the west. but guess what, Wales is in the west, so naturally they would localize their greatest hero in the region they live in. In terms of historicity, Colchester is perfectly positioned between the two areas of early English settlement and was a Celtic city long after the areas around it had been lost to the English.

Nothing strange about this, it's just a map of the Americas with Argentina distorted because the parchment is an odd shape.

Oh boy we got Sardinianon again, always a treat.

>bhuddism started by an indian dude
>indians mostly ignore him and chinks love him
Weird ol' world we live in. It's always jarring to look up some Japanese deity or concept and be linked to a paragraph low in the article for some Indian thing.

>Christianity started by a kike
>Kikes hate him and Europeans love him

>Galicia is entirely red
Yup, sounds accurate

Is every place in Galicia called Santiago de [...]?

>misri
I thought that was the modern Arabic word for Egypt.

No it's a very ancient term, it's used in the Bible too.

Santiago, no, since it's one specific saint. But San/Santo [...] is extremely common. Basically 90% of towns there are named after a christian saint.

Version not for ants

Things like this are what make history so much more interesting, these connections in periods that are so often thought to be of complete isolation.

Get out of here, Stalker.

Might as well post the other two maps