Were the founders of China white?

were the founders of China white?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Zh-wuu-2-上海.opus
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/did-greeks-help-sculpt-chinas-terracotta-warriors-180960771/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2557057/
gwern.net/docs/2013-anonymous-strategicconsequencesofchineseracism.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WE WUZ

WE WUZNT

WE WUZ QINZ

Which one?

The Semilegendary one?
The Shang King?
The Zhou King?
Or Meme Shi Huang?

I love living alone so I can just shout this names as loud as I want without any idea how to actually pronounce them

which China?

Do you pronounce "Shanghai" as:
>SHAENG-HAAI

No

They were shapeshifting reptilian dieties who love to fuck mortal human women.

I was getting more of a

>SHE-ANGHaYAI

Yeah, for some reason, American Cold War documentary narrators/speakers pronounce Chinese names in that really nasal Yankee accent.
Anyways, so do you give a pause before the "ANGH" part?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Zh-wuu-2-上海.opus

I already know quite some Chinese, I was just getting a sense of user's pronunciation.

WUZ

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/did-greeks-help-sculpt-chinas-terracotta-warriors-180960771/

>sensationalist clickbait
Why are they using mtDNA from Xinjiang if they already have necessary samples from Qin laborers?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2557057/

Ancient legends talk about tall white men, the legendary founders of the empire, yes.

But modern Chinese don't like to think about that...

kek

The East Asian standard of beauty leans heavily in favor of fairness.
Also
>“Have you heard about the origins of the world’s human races? This is a story unique to us [Chinese] people. Before, when there was no trace of man on earth, Tai Bai [太白] decided to create mankind. He used clay, just as we make pottery or porcelain, and after having molded it into a human figure, he put it into the kiln.
>The first one was fired too long, and was badly burnt: it was all black! This was not so good, and Tai Bai threw it away, using all his strength, throwing it a long way. He threw it to Africa; hence afterwards everyone in Africa was black.
>As a result of this first failure, the second one was fired more carefully. It was allowed to bake only for a little while and then taken out of the kiln. Look: too white! This wasn’t very good either, and Tai Bai again threw it away. This time, he did not throw it so far. He threw it to Europe, hence afterwards everyone in Europe was white.
>Experience now allowed the third one to be baked to perfection: not too long, not too short. Pretty good! Neither black nor white, but all yellow. Tai Bai was very satisfied, and put it down on the ground. Hence afterwards everyone in Asia was yellow.”
>(Taiwan Kejia suwenxue [台湾客家俗文学][Folk literature of the Hakka in Taiwan], retold by Zhou Qinghua [周庆华] [Taipei: Dongfeng wenhua shuju, 1971], pp. 149-150.)
source: gwern.net/docs/2013-anonymous-strategicconsequencesofchineseracism.pdf

Gobineau talk about eh Chinese (plus these white-founder legends) in his Essay on Inequality.

His comments on the Chinee are priceless.

"The yellow man has little physical energy, and is inclined to apathy; he commits none of the strange excesses so common among negroes. His desires are feeble, his will-power rather obstinate than violent; his longing for material pleasures though constant, is kept within bounds. A rare glutton by nature, he shows far more discrimination in his choice of food. He tends to mediocrity in everything; he understands easily enough anything not too deep or sublime. He has a love of utility and a respect for order, and knows the value of a certain amount of freedom. He is practical, int he narrowest sense of the word. He does not dream or theorize; he invents little, but can appreciate and take over what is useful to him. his whole desire is to live int eh easiest and most comfortable way possible. The yellow races are thus clearly superior to the black. Every founder of a civilization would wish the backbone of his society, his middle class, to consist of such men. But no civilized society could be created by them; they could not supply its nerve-force, or set in motion the springs of beauty and action."

Kek, just like my /pol/s

"The Chinese civilization, arising from a cause similar to that operating in Egypt. An Aryan colony from India brought the light of civilization to China also. Instead however of becoming mixed with black peoples, as on the Nile, the colony became absorbed in Malay and yellow races, and was reinforced, from the north-west, by a fair number of white elements, equally Aryan but no longer Hindu."

>the colony became absorbed in Malay and yellow races
>was reinforced, from the north-west, by a fair number of white elements
>equally Aryan
>but no longer Hindu.
Goddamn

I recall theories about the ancestors of the Shang Dynasty coming from the west, based on the notion that they brought chariot technology with them.

Nah, considering the Shang Kingdom was founded first (1600 BC) before Chariots were first spotted in China (1200 BC)

Of course. Just like the founders of Japan and the Mayas.

This really was a disappointing story to see in (a few) respected news organizations. It was only suggested by one fringe researcher who didn't even have much evidence.

Really, a perfect example of WUZing.

[Citations needed]

Shang started before chariots

This is literal WEWUZ

No. The ancestors of shang are 东夷(eastern people).

>I recall theories about the ancestors of the Shang Dynasty coming from the west
Invalidated by archaeology,anthropology and genetics.

Morphologically,late Shang(Yinxu) aristocracy resembled modern Northeastern Han( introgression from the "Northern zone") while their subjects were similar to Northern Han.

Going by mtDNA,Erlitou,Yanshi(early Shang) and Yinxu have shown remarkable continuity with modern populations with Liaoning/Shandong Han and Inner Mongolians being the closest.

Linguistically,an early form of Sinitic was used as method of prognostication by the elites.

>No. The ancestors of shang are 东夷(eastern people).
This is only one of several theories,there are attempts at linking the Shang towards the northeast and northwest.

Manchu dynasty had clear white ancestors.Looks like Spaniards founded it in 18 century.

Uh huh. So you ever going to offer any actual textual evidence of the Chinese having legends of "white" founders?

Or are you one of those conspiracy theorists who thinks the "Yellow" in "Yellow Emperor" (Huang-Di) means he was blond while never actually having read the Shiji because you can't read Chinese?

Wtf did I read

This is literally WE WUZ shit.

Whitewuzzing

WE WUZ CHINEZZ N SHIEEEEEET

Yes. They were later displaced by Mongoloid type people.

They were probably peach-skin like most chinks.