What is the morally correct thing to do here?

What is the morally correct thing to do here?

letting the trolley run over the single person instead of the group. after all, ethically, multiple lives are worth more than a single life.

jump in front of the train

>letting the trolley run over the single person
But you wouldn't be letting it run over him, you'd be causing it to run over him. You could let it run over the five.

multi-track drifting

Pull the lever. Bystander is a meme, even if you do nothing you've made a decision to do nothing aka are exercising your agency

>If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Who does or doesn't do the killing is a secondary concern, if want you want is for less people to be killed.

I meant, "if what you want".

Inaction/immobility actually takes a lot of brain activity. And you can't not decide, it's a binary dilemma there is no neutral path

Let the trolley kill the five, pull the lever out of the ground and use it to beat the one to death.

Only moral outcome.

and then use it to kill yourself

being alive is not the ideal state of being, best to do what you can to correct it

let it advance
not only because it's easier to argue to yourself that you didn't to do nothing afterwards, but also simply because an individual is more relatable to than a group so you'll feel less bad afterwards
prove me wrong protip you can't

all actions are unconscious reactive events and the perception of a conscious ownership of decision is an illusion. how one would act when presented with the trolley problem would depend on the genetically determined structures pertinent to behaviour as well as how previous experience and stimuli have effected those structures.
morality is a product of evolution. whatever is morally correct thing to do is the thing that leads to replication of such behaviour with the possibility of excelling at replication in comparison to other behaviours in a given environment.

either A or B

because it's not your fault in the first place anyway,

>Who tie them there
>Why did the five didn't fight the one who put them there
>What have they done to be in that place
>Where they evil person

no matter what chooses, the logical thing to do is either save one of the two choices

because
A. you can't stop a train
B. You must choose
C.It's not your fault

with all the bullshit you spewed on your mind, You didn't even answer the damn question,
if you want to be genius on the internet, go to Veeky Forums or play some chess,

i'm sorry you a brainlet nigga..
the one that leave mo bitches breathin so he can fug em

360 and walk away

Why did you waited until now to make that decision? You should of let some authority now way earlier so they could stop the trolley.

I'm white, you idiot,

also I'm not a burger like you do

not even that user but stop posting twit

>If you choose, you still have made a choice.
thats how it works, yeah

Weighted average

CRASHING THIS TROLLEY

All other things being equal, that is.

Letting versus causing is just a semantic argument, it's your knowledge of decisions and their consequences that matters, not the "form" of what you do.

No, you're still making a decision, you're just not performing an "action". The only way you can opt out of making a decision is to allow someone else to make the decision for you.

>What is the morally correct thing to do here?
Make a decision and then justify it to yourself. Realize everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes there are no good solutions. Try to sleep at night. Resolve to be a good person and live your life in a way that improves the lives of others.

(DESU most people don't deserve to live)

Too easy, put 4 people on the right-hand track and ask me again.

It's a Rush song.

Divert the train trolley to the single person and rush over to pick them up out of harm's way. How is this difficult?

Push the lever a random number of times whilr closing your eyes so you don't know which direction it goes. It doesn't really matter who dies.

>just another day
>in the path of a speedin' train

Patrician's dilemma right here

Keep pulling until something breaks and try and free one person during the trolleys loops

fight the trolley to your dying breath
>alternatively
beat the trolley in a pushup(chinup?) contest and if you win you get the girl

Pull the lever and ask them if they want me to keep pulling it. Release the lever only if they unanimously agree to die.

girls don't fuck trolleys tho

By not choosing to save them you're at fault

The only ethical solution is to do nothing.

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
t. some german nerd

die

What's the morally correct thing to do here?

Nice

Now do one where the trolley has to stay above 50 miles per hour or it will explode.

Pull out phone
Film that shit
Upload it to a rekthread
???????
Embrace the chaos

Girls don't fuck you either.

Sort yourself out, man.

Walk away.

Nature must run it's course.

Hunting down the sick fucker who tied these people to the tracks.

Revenge won't bring them back to life, user.

Should be the other way around

I like trolley threads

Being a bystander, but filming it and uploading it to the internet to create conciousness

Earth infested by humans killing the host
Killing the many is the moral thing to do

Only in a utilitarian value function. Practically speaking it's heavily dependant on who each person is and what they can contribute to society or your own life. There isn't enough information to make an informed ethical decision in this scenario.

do nothing

walk away

OC

I think it would make more sense if the track with most people was belgium.

I think it's Germans getting pancaked.

If the train was due to hit History but you could switch it to hit & Humanities would you do it?

Of course.

>2882190

bp

Better Nate than lever.

not only should you pull the lever, you should also make it your life's goal to kill everyone who wouldn't also pull the lever and even people who wouldn't make it their life's goal to kill everyone who wouldn't pull the lever.

>b-but that one person is my wife!
all people are equal and you should be willing to kill your wife if it saves a bunch of randoms you've never met; if not you're a fucking xenophobic thug
>b-but those xenophobic thugs are human beings!
if they're not willing to preserve equality at all costs they're not really human

>railroad tracks cannot physically exist unless they're paid for by tax money
Wew

>letting your wife die in favor of strangers because it would be xenophobicâ„¢ to do otherwise
Jesus Harold Christ. Is this bait? If you had a gun in your hand and someone was raping your daughter, would you let him continue because the loss of a life is more tragic than introducing large amounts of trauma to another?

i'm making fun of trotskyists, chill out

I hate you for making me remember this.

I did ask if it was bait.
I-it's hard to tell sometimes

Kill the single person, shift all responsibility to the track owner or train owner (whoever appears most responsible) then spend the rest of your times in a constant state of damage control.

It wasn't rape she was just drunk

Let God decide.

This

I think you save the group because how awkward would it be talking to the individual afterwards. They'd probably feel guilty anyway, so it's a win-win.

I would say that was rather obvious bait

Derail the train

Minimize causalities. One life is worth less than five.