Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bormann#Discovery_of_remains
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They should all have been hanged.

Every Nazi?

Every German

This desu

Literally all of them aided and abetted a criminal regime with a breathtaking contempt for human life. I can think of no compelling moral reason to have let any of them live.

No.
ARTISTS ARTISTS ARTISTS
WIN WIN WIN
YEYBOI YEYBOI YEYBOI

No, we wouldn't have had his memoirs if he was killed, come to think of it, most of them shouldve just had life imprisonment for history's sake so they would be able to write memoirs

He used POWs as slave labourers.
Pretty sure people have done worse and not been executed for it

silly goy, if they were able to write memoirs, then people would read them and realize that nazis were people too

>g*rms
>people

IRRELEVANT QUESTION —"THE AXIS" SHOULD HAVE WON THE WAR.

True, but you were too much of a pussy to finish us off even tho the circumstances would have justified it to some extend. So have fun staying mad :p

Thanks for using that trip, now I can filter you!

No. He should have been made President of a Germany which wasn't turbo-autistic. We should have prepped an invasion of the USSR afterwards.

Yes. He was well aware of the slave labor and concentration camp system, and in fact used it extensively to make his armaments projects work. By the end of the war, you had something on the order of 8 million foreign, essentially slave laborers in Germany alone, nevermind the ones that were producing outside of Germany proper, and while he wasn't rounding them up and dragging them in chains to factories, he was very much providing the demand and incentive for it.

Only correct answer tbqh

what law did he break?

Yes because he clearly knew what was going on according to document requests but downplayed his role.

No because his book is very valuable to WWII history.

No. He clearly did not hold as much responsibility for the holocaust and other such war crimes as his peers. He was, however, complicit in (and clearly benefited from) the use of slave labor, and for this he was rightfully sentenced to a substantial amount of time in prison.

None of them should have hung...

NEIN
E
I
N

I think 20 years in prison is fair for someone who cooperated at the trial and whose worst crime was basically high level complicity. That's about as much as murderers get in most first world countries. Much more egregious examples are Erich von Manstein, Sepp Dietrich, and Paul Hausser, who all directly participated in terrible crimes, all had direct authority over military action in the east, and who all should have been hanged.

all of them should've been hung

You can start by listening to their defenses at Nuremberg
I'd let Speer and Goering live and just put them in prison

Goring was the second man in the entire Reich and gave the order to begin the Final Solution. There is zero chance he's going to live.

Remember when the court ordered the them to undergo an IQ test in the hope of showing the world that nazism was a low-IQ ideology for the retarded? Didn't go so well...
Probably my favourite (and funniest) historical anecdote of all time.

Yeah and a regime that was just as (if not more) brutal as them tried them. Nice.

Specifically for this reason? There were two psychologists working on them in a lot of different ways. The rest sounds like something from an unsourced meme image found on /pol/.

>Specifically for this reason?
The official reason was to check their sanity, you can check the IQ tests on the wiki page aswell (right below the table with sentences) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_trials
One of the two psychologists also wrote about it in one of his books.

>highest scorer was a liberal banker
Feels good to know he was acquitted

>tfw to smart to be a war criminal

>tfw if they had listened to the actual economist on how to repair the economy 40 million deaths could have been averted and Germany would have recovered as normal like everyone else

Here's a list of the highest ranking Nazi officials and what punishment they received. Tell me if I missed anyone:

[1/3]

>Adolf Hitler [Fuhrer]: committed suicide.
>Herman Goering [Marshall of the Reich]: sentenced to death, then committed suicide.
>Heinrich Himmler [Reichsführer-SS]: committed suicide
>Walter Von Brautistch [Commander-in-Chief of the Army]: died in prison
>Joseph Goebbels [Minister for Propaganda]: committed suicide
>Wilhelm Keitel [Chief of the High Command]: executed
>Alfred Jodl [Chief of Operations Staff]: executed
>Karl Doenitz [Commander-In-Chief of the Navy]: imprisoned for 10 years
>Martin Bormann [Staff of the Deputy Führer]: executed
>Rudolph Hess [Deputy Fuhrer]: died in prison
>Wilhelm Frick [Minister of the Interior]: executed
>Otto Thierack [Minister of Justice]: committed suicide
>Walther Funk [Minister of Economics]: imprisoned for 12 years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>Albert Speer [Minister of Armaments]: imprisoned for 20 years
>Philipp Bouhler [Chief of the Chancellery of the Führer and SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: committed suicide

Field Marshals and equivalents:
>Erich von Manstein: imprisoned for 8 years
>Erwin Rommel: committed suicide during the war
>Walther von Reichenau: died during the war
>Fedor Von Bock: killed during the war
>Erhard Milch: imprisoned for 10 years
>Albert Kesselring: imprisoned for 7 years
>Werner von Blomberg: died in prison
>Günther von Kluge: committed suicide during the war
>Wilhelm List: imprisoned for 7 years
>Gerd von Rundstedt: imprisoned for a few years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>Hugo Sperrle: acquitted
>Erwin von Witzleben: committed suicide during the war
>Georg von Küchler: imprisoned for 8 years
>Friedrich Paulus: acquitted
>Ernst Busch: died in prison
>Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist: died in prison
>Maximilian von Weichs: acquitted
>Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen: died in prison
>Walter Model: committed suicide
>Ferdinand Schörner: imprisoned for 12 years
>Robert Ritter von Greim: committed suicide
>Hans-Georg von Friedeburg [Grand Admiral]: committed suicide
>Erich Raeder [Grand Admiral]: imprisoned for 10 years, let out due to ill-health, died shortly after
>Franz Xaver Schwarz [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: died in prison
>Sepp Dietrich [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: imprisoned for 12 years
>Kurt Daluege [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: executed
>Paul Hasseur [SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer]: acquitted

>the German leadership was actually more suicidal than the Japanese leadership

Even the ones not at Nuremberg

Reichsleiters:

[3/3]

>Max Amman [also SS-Gruppenfuhrer]: imprisoned for 12 years, stripped of all property and assets, died in poverty a few years after release
>Walter Buch [also SS-Obergruppenführer]: committed suicide in prison
>Richard Darre [also Reichsminister of Food]: imprisoned for 5 years, let out due to ill-health, died three years later
>Otto Dietrich [also SS-Obergruppenführer and Press Chief of Nazi Germany]: imprisoned for 5 years, let out early due to ill-health, died shortly after
>Franz von Epp [Reichsstatthalter]: died in prison
>Hans Frank [Governor-General of the General Government]: executed
>Konstantin Hierl [Director of the Reich Labour Service]: imprisoned for 5 years
>Robert Ley [Head of the German Labour Front]: committed suicide in prison
>Viktor Lutze [Stabschef]: killed during war
>Alfred Rosenberg [Leader of the Foreign Policy Office of the NSDAP]: executed
>Baldur von Schiaruch [Reichsjugendführer]: imprisoned for 20 years
>Reinhard Heydrich [Director of the Reich Main Security Office, also SS-Obergruppenführer]: killed during the war

He had at least as much responsibility for the slave labor system as Sauckel, who was hanged. His not being hanged was more to do with him pleading guilty and flipping than his lesser responsibility.

Why was Hess imprisoned?
All he wanted was peace. Not even /pol/, but he was in british custody before the holocaust anyway

Also, I feel like I should mention Ernst Kaltenbrunner [Director of the Reich Main Security Office], who was executed.

He was officially the second highest ranking politician in Germany as Deputy Führer. Which means he was thought to have had a part in starting the war in the first place. More importantly, he was very clearly guilty of signing into law much of the legislation, including the Nuremberg Laws of 1935, which stripped the Jews of Germany of their rights in the lead-up to the Holocaust. His defense at his trial wasn't that he didn't do these things, but rather that he shouldn't have been prosecuted for them because it was Germany's business.

However, he was not found directly guilty of war crimes, which is why unlike Keitel he wasn't executed.

Unless you're referring to the Soviets, and even then they weren't as bad as the Nazis.

*hanged

and no.

This guy deserved to die, although I'm not sure what 'war crimes' he committed.
Could someone explain this to me?

>I can think of no compelling moral reason to have let any of them live
>WHY should I listen to them?
Some of them were NOT sentenced to death, and probably for sufficient reason. You might be interested in learning WHY they were not executed, unless you're so boneheaded you'll just keep crying out "they should all die".

Yeah, the Nazis were bad, sure, but you don't sound like you're interested in learning what actually happened in the trials

He didn't commit any war crimes, and was not found guilty of committing any war crimes. He was found guilty of a different charge.

>For his 25 years of speaking, writing and preaching hatred of the Jews, Streicher was widely known as 'Jew-Baiter Number One.' In his speeches and articles, week after week, month after month, he infected the German mind with the virus of anti-Semitism, and incited the German people to active persecution. ... Streicher's incitement to murder and extermination at the time when Jews in the East were being killed under the most horrible conditions clearly constitutes persecution on political and racial grounds in connection with war crimes, as defined by the Charter, and constitutes a crime against humanity

Yes the Soviets and of fucking course they were as bad as Nazis. NKVD taught Gestapo everything you know.

Also for that you deserve that "yet another tankie thread" pic I forgot to save.

Dumbass.

It was to prove they were competent and knew what they were doing and the results of it.

Found you.

He was literally the only defendant to fully admit to his crimes and plead guilty, which probably helped.

>Maximilian von Weichs
>He was removed from the Hostages Trial for medical reasons without having been judged or sentenced.

Not found innocent, but still got no punishment.

I'm just reminding every kraut reading this thread that this is exactly what the krauts would've done if they had won, give fair trials.

/s

According to Christian Goeschel's "Suicide in Nazi Germany", page 153: 8 out of 41 NSDAP regional leaders who held office between 1926 and 1945, 7 out of 47 higher SS and police leaders, 53 out of 554 Army generals, 14 out of 98 Luftwaffe generals, and 11 out of 53 admirals in the Kriegsmarine committed suicide by 1950.

Martin Bormann tried to flee Berlin before the war ended, and is believed to have died in the attempt.

Right, my mistake. He was sentenced in abstentia but no one knows what actually happened to him.

using 'hanged' as past tense just sounds wrong, hung sounds a lot more natural because it follows consistent English spelling and grammar

No, he defied the Nero Decree and tried to kill Hitler with poison gas. Also he was just an architect.

That 'plan to assassinate Hitler' was pure fantasy and probably something he just made up to make a better case.

kys you jew. Speer was a gud boi and dindu nuffin. he shouldn't have stayed even a minue in prison and they kept him for 19. He basically saved whatever was left from Germany. And the allied fucking faggots fucked him over.

No-one should have hung at Nuremberg. The men who got sentenced to death should have been sentenced to life imprisonment instead. That way historians could have continued to learn using them as a source.

That really isnt that high
You wouldnt expect many people in any countries government to have less than 130

>mfw my grandfather was captured by SMERSH and tried at Nuremburg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bormann#Discovery_of_remains

>In 1963, a retired postal worker named Albert Krumnow told police that around 8 May 1945 the Soviets had ordered him and his colleagues to bury two bodies found near the railway bridge near Lehrter station

>Upon autopsy, fragments of glass were found in the jaws of both skeletons, suggesting that the men had committed suicide by biting cyanide capsules to avoid capture.[114] Dental records

>The remains were conclusively identified as Bormann's in 1998

It never gets old how butthurt/jealous Veeky Forums is of the Germans.

Stay mad, kiddo :^)

Not to invoke /pol/ but the Nuremberg trials were a sham regardless of the Holocaust's veracity.

inb4 stormfag infographic. I put this together.

>getting an estimate that wrong

Honestly how the fug would you have an exact number?

I wish people would stop saying "but muh millions" and instead "why do they have to kill them?". I hate when people go full retard and use the "they killed less" argument. The Holocaust was horrible not because of the number but that it was a policy executed with efficiency as it was some sort of oil refining.

>The Holocaust was horrible not because of the number
But it is mostly about the sheer numbers, isn't it? Sure, the methods they used were unprecedented and made the numbers possible, but the scale of it is what is truly horrifying... they nearly eradicated major ethnic group from all of Europe..

I think it's the blatant inflation of the death toll that makes deniers/revisionists suspicious of the whole thing. The Soviet propagandising of it (such as the reconstruction of crematorium I at Auschwitz) ironically makes it less believable.