Business administration worth it?

business administration worth it?

No, business administration is a fucking joke and you aren't going to get a job. Learn a real skill

>Learn a real skill
like what

Learn to code. It's really not that hard anyone can be a mediocre - decent coder and make 6 figures in a few years. You just have to put a lot of effort into it and you probably aren't capable of doing it. Business admin is literally just wage slaving yourself and age 18

If u want an average job in an average office with average people all around you. If ur doing business, do supply chain, save money so u can travel for the internship you're going to need to get before senior year and then apply for great companies. Supply chain is a mega meme degree right now, automotive/chemical/basically every large industry which utilizes manufacturing/warehousing/logistics will pay u 60k+

manufacturing, learn how to cut steel for mold tools or cnc or some shit, MAGA

BA almost always nets you an above average paid job if you are only average and want to live your life.
BA will get you in good positions, if you are good and show passion about your field.
BA can get you employed everwhere in the world.
But BA lets every single retard from STEM rage about how you dont know shit about anything.

Honestly: dont listen to retards who try to tell you "a career in X is shit". If you are good in your field and did not chose something like "theatre" or "Xliterature" (in which getting a career is indeed hard), you are bound to have success.

Sincerely: someone with a Bachelor in BA who is having a blast being the superior of a bunch of STEM-nerds (some with a phd) who just have no clue from anything outside of their field.

thank you user :3

any degree is useless if you don't have friends/family willing to get you a job

you go to college to suck dicks. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. you need to suck as many as you can hoping at least one will give you an internship and eventually a job.

t. 5 years unemployed mech eng, valedictorian

This.

Absolutely but specialize in accounting or finance. In any case a degree will literally always be useful, even in the absolute worst case scenario you can always leverage a degree to earn more money or get into a better position.

For a lot of jobs they don't even want relevant degrees, they just want A bachelors degree so that HR can tick the box off, they don't give a shit you got a 3.0 gpa in philospher from a "northern" state school

One thing I want to add:
it is always wise to add cross-competences to your portfolio of skills, as it makes you rare.

BA always goes well with IT, but if e.g. biology or chemistry is your "hobby", it is also possible to enlargen your knowledge in this field, as it opens some positions in certain sectors.

>Absolutely but specialize in accounting or finance

Another addition: and stay the fuck away from marketing. If a specialization has enough graduates, it is marketing.

Marketing can be pretty good, very relaxed compared to finance or accounting and I have a few friends doing well with marketing.

It can go well, I agree with you on that completely.
It is however "less of a guarantee" compared to other fields in my opinion. I saw many of my fellow students with a degree in marketing struggle to get into good jobs.

>I saw many of my fellow students with a degree in marketing struggle to get into good jobs.

I believe that may be a bias due to the kind of students it would naturally attract. If you're ambitious and work hard/network hard I don't think it's all that much of an issue.

>you go to college to suck dicks
based, where do i sign up

I agree, its a really strange field right now. You need to have most of the quantitative of Finance mixed with most of the extroversion of sales mixed with about 60% of the IT knowledge of...IT to be competitive.

Definitely learn about SEO SEM, (this is going out to marketing majors), Google Adwords, Web Design, and your school will teach you the Analysis and Branding stuff.

OP I got a degree in it, no internships and I fucked up so had to work doing office management for my father, managed 3 employees, did all the printing in his print shop, answered phones and did accounting.

I paid off all my student loans, bought a computer, a car and did decently although never enough to have a GF and always felt kinda like a loser.

I burned out and hated business so went into a liberal arts field and it was such a bad mistake. So I wouldn't ever do BABA unless math kills your soul or something. I am now proud of myself thinking back how I carried my dad because hes a total lunatic lol

Was actually thinking of Msc Marketing but you guys are right about Supply Chain, shit is cash and Marketing is on the sketchy side for me because I have no programming or digital skills or experience in marketing.

how much time do you reckon to learn it on yourself?

sauce ?
damn, she's hot

shes a regular turkish girl user you wont find much

i would not even consider anything else than programming if i was forced back to uni now, just forget anything else. way too imba

You just need to learn enough to do minor projects yourself, how much effort a project needs approximately etc.

Actual coding is mostly outsourced to professionals anyways - being able to code yourself may get you a fancy tool which saves some time during the day-to-day-business, but anything substantial or important is rarely done inhouse, if you are not inside of a IT company already.

Not OP but I have been trying to figure this out.
What is the best way to learn coding?

I tried learning Javascript on code academy but they didn't really put what I was learning into any context so I feel just as clueless as when I started.

Should I go to tech school to learn it? Khan Academy? Which coding language should I learn?

BA is basically the "general business" degree. Gets your foot in the door more than a specialized skill but that's all. Go get a BA and also intern as much as you can.

Networking gets jobs, not degrees.

higher education is a meme.
Don't pay to study noob

what would be the best degree to get for daytrading cryptos as a profession?

You're retarded.
"I studied finance on Veeky Forums.org/biz/" and "I learned by watching youtube" on your resume?

Dont listen to this faggot.

go for business administration then get an MBA and look into IB

I was fine with using tutorials on youtube most the time, but it depends on yourself.

Also do little steps, learn only when you can apply the stuff you learn to real cases.
During my first internship, I had many things to do with excel and excess, so I learned VBA and SQL, which accelerated many things in the company (as they were quite pretty old fashioned). I believe they still use my stuff there and I was there 5 years ago.

In the next company, I was asked to do a simple mockup for an app, so I learned basics of CSS, HTML5 and even a bit of java. They just wanted to estimate the amount of work and a general outline to explain what they want to the external programmer. Accelerated the development of the app considerably.

Like that, you automatically amount a broad view of what is possible and what either side wants.
I myself can do shit in a big project.

>what are books

>IB
Here in burger land we are getting sick and tired of all our property taxes being funneled into this bullshit

Another addition: if you are worried about your resume when you "just" learn this stuff yourself, just ask your employer during these internships to write it down into the reference letters.

According to my reference letters, I am a magican with anything that runs by electricity because I know how to configure and build a computer according to the needs of the task, a coding genius because I know how to write a macro in excel and a research professional, because I know how to use the syntax of a google-search.

You need to be modest and honest about this during an interview, but it all the more creates a good impression.

And yes, it is as easy as it sounds, even tough you need to be quite open minded about everything (so stay away from /pol/...).

How are you going to put books on your resume?