Which ancient world heritage sites are for losers?

Which ancient world heritage sites are for losers?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/03/how-much-money-has-isis-made-selling-antiquities-more-than-enough-to-fund-its-attacks/?utm_term=.39c992fcc955
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I always feel bad for those destroyed ruins in muslim countries but then I remember that it's a muslim country. All will be destroyed sooner or later with all those radical destructive ideologies dominating the region from time to time.

why is Masada "for losers" user. the Sicarii achieved their final solution.

For some reason every single person I meet who has been to machu pichu is always either some "citizen of the world" or otherwise trendy hippy traveler free spirit assmunch.

>what are the dark ages?

Persia. Total losers. Low energy too. Sad!

No elevators

(you)

The cliff where all the Japanese soldiers jumped off of during WWII. It's a boring cliff on an uninhabited island in the middle of nowhere.

Venice.
The water is dirty, most people don't know it's a open swear, Audrey Hepburn fell in it filming a movie and was sick the rest of her life, it smells too.
The sites are super crowed with tourists to an unacceptable level. The buildings are all rotting, and moldy around the water level.
Also any 'spiritual' or 'yoga' vacation to sites in India

that was katharine hepburn retard

ah shit, was it? anyways you get the point.
You gave me an excuse to post again, don't get me wrong, there are things to see in India, if you don't mind 3d world, it's only the overfed white people that go on meme "spiritual retreats" there that are losers.

Is chicken it's worth seeing? How about Aztec and Mayan ruins in general.

Well, they aren't gonna go see European stuff because "muh white oppression" And they won't go see middle-east stuff because they're scared of getting allahu ackba'dd, so they only have asia and latin america left.

>chicken it's
you mean Chichen Itza?

It almost sounds like you want it to happen to validate your opinion of the religion.

In any case, that's not entirely true. Monasteries are an example of (often) ancient buildings that were/are maintained as Christian fortresses even under Muslim rule. So not exactly 'dominated'.

If you want the Indian experience without the Indian sewage, just go to Nepal. Wayyy more tourist friendly and the people there are slightly less brown and more hygienic.

>Chicken it's

Your /pol/ is showing. Pic related is a 1500 year old monastery built under Justinian on the spot where Moses is supposed to have seen the burning bush on Mount Sinai. Mohammed is supposed to have expressly ensured its safety since it was so respected but that's probably just legend. Not everything has been trashed by the Muslims. Their main issue is that they don't bother preserving shit, not that they destroy it.

This. I have a folder of trash pictures from Ancient Greek sites around Turkey. People literally use old tombs as bins. The amount of trash is just unreal. I saw shepherds using a Roman cistern as a place to keep their goats at night. I think it's because a lot of Turks have a sensitive national pride and don't consider Greek Anatolia/Byzantium as part of their history.
(No way the local population and the invaders ever fucked amirite?)

Hasn't St. Catherine's been under attack though?

I mean I think user's full of shit too, but...

I was drunk when I posted. But yes chichchicken itza.

Goddamnit piss fuck. Chichen Itza.

Yeah they had to shut for a while,during the period of instability but the military blasted those assholes to hell with a helicopter gunship.

Egypt is like 15% Christian. The military government don't take kindly to people trying to stir up religious fighting. They are fighting a low level insurgency in Sinai right now.

It's not only Turk, for example you can't go inside the Parthenon because when you were able to do it people just urinated behind the columns. As long as you don't have a government that actively preserve historic site most people won't care about them and just see them as part of the landscape.

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/03/how-much-money-has-isis-made-selling-antiquities-more-than-enough-to-fund-its-attacks/?utm_term=.39c992fcc955

You know that those monument are destroyed mostly because rich people with too much money want to expose some old artifact in their living room and not because of ideologies ?

Is that Minas Tirith?

First of all, there is the precedent of Bamiyan.

Second of all, it harms the morale of Assyrians (Christians), and other locals, who they're trying to wipe out.

You should see Hadrian's Wall near the English/Scottish border. Most of the stone has been nicked to build local villages and garden walls, while some of the forts (every few miles along it) are used as cattlesheds by the farmers. Got a few nice bits out in the country, but much of it is gone now.

Much of it only went in the 19th century as well. Some landowner saw it happening and decided to try and buy up as much as possible to save what little was left.

>tfw those fucking smelly gringos encourage drug crime and prostitution, spreading STDs all over the place

They also sleep in Machu Picchu, have they got no respect? They think there's some kind of energy there but I don't understand why they need to sleep there. Fucking mochileros I hate them so much.