History Podcasts

Just finished this after some user made a thread about it, pretty sick pretty sweet.

What does Veeky Forums think about podcasts, and are there any more like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hg54SCNIHrP7xaoDrw9xrFTekQZ_Eg6N175s8ywl1ng/edit#gid=290442889
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>in4 all the usual history podasters are trotted out
The more downloads they have, they more likely they are to be shit. I can confidently say this in advance.

This is true

Bump bump bump bumo

give us some recommendations then

Hardcore history is pretty cool

The History of Rome
The History of Byzantium

Those two are really good

But those are the most popular ones.

What a dikead

can anybody recommend a podcast on Alexander the Great which is historically accurate?

been listening to Totalus Rankium. good stuff, light hearted review of every western emperor. i think they're up to jovian right now but i just finished the episode on marcus aurelius.

Any on africa? Either specific locations or just in general. Also for the middle east? I want to understand how things lead to the way they are now

When diplomacy fails

oh man I loved that podcast
he is a really good story teller

Not really a podcast, but is this series worth watching? I'm enjoying it so far but I dislike how they have to rush through every subject in 10 minutes.

Watered down tidbits meant for high schoolers who would like to appear smart and nothing else.

>rush through every subject in 10 minutes.

That's what crash course means, user

history of rome is legit good

The Ancient World by Scott Chesworth

Unless you are taking a history test in high school, then do not watch this and do not recommend it to anyone

if I put my pol hat on he's a revisionist crypto-jew if not he's just annoying

I wish. Can't find anything on them and all of the classes at my university are very 'politically correct'.

The usual recommendations are the best - History of Rome, History of Byzantium, Hardcore History and Revolutions. I've also tried The China History Podcast, Russian Rulers History Podcast, Norman Centuries, 12 Byzantine Rulers, The History of the Mongols, The History of China, History of Germany Podcast, History of the Crusades, and Eastern Border. None of these are amazing, but they've mostly proven serviceable listens when I've got nothing else going on.

>History of Byzantium
People keep recommending this without mentioning the paywalls.

Is anybody at the very least able to upload episode 28? It's right in the middle of the narrative discussing Justinian I and the Plague of Justinian. Ordinarily I'm happy to donate one-off, but I'm not willing to provide an email to make an account on a site that doesn't even use HTTPS to buy an episode.

A list of podcasts, with RSS links:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hg54SCNIHrP7xaoDrw9xrFTekQZ_Eg6N175s8ywl1ng/edit#gid=290442889

I like Revolutions.

>all of Veeky Forums consists of either podcast listeners, ebin paradox and total war gaymers and wikipedia readers

Sad!

Ottoman History Podcast is probably the best out there, even if you're not particularly interested in the Turks, it covers the post-colonial states - Algeria, Libya, Egypt and the Sudan. Very academic in tone, much more suited to students of history than someone like Dan Carlin, as much as I like him.

I would say
ottoman history podcast
The fall of Rome podcast
History Matters podcast
When diplomacy fails
History of the 20th century
History on fire
My history can beat up your politics

And for some comedy
Early Lesser Bonapartes
Unbuttoned History

Alexander the Great and the Macedonian Empire from The Teaching Company.

Pirate it.

Not everyone.

This its the most academic podcast in this thread

>The History of Byzantium

fuck that guy not paying 5 bucks every time he decides to randomly put an important episode behind a paywall.

>Justinian is sick, everything's going to shit, what will happen next? Find out next time on our premium donation episode ;^)

Veeky Forums is always contrarian though

desu I keep forgetting about the paywall. Very few episodes are behind it so I've hardly noticed the missing bits. Still, 90% of what you want is there and it's done very well.

Thanks. Should something like this be in a sticky thread? Along with all of those links to downloading relevant books, since those threads pop up now and again.