SEC rules ICOs are securities

Coinfag bagholders BTFO.

sec.gov/news/press-release/2017-131

How could this happen to me?)?????

brb shorting ETH 100x

Everyday I lose more faith in shit mETH

If this is a surprise development then you are just as likely to be surprised at the fact that the sun rises every morning. These people are clearly not launching war on unconventional securities. Does this look like how the DEA addresses marijuana legalization? Or does this look like the way the IRS address fraud? This is about as warm of a welcome as anyone could hope for

Can someone explain for a retard? I'm a retard

yeah what the fuck does this mean

how does everyone know what this mean except me and user?

were ICO's not paying taxes or something??

ICO's are illegal in their current form.

Down the trashbin eth goes.

Some were complete ponzi schemes. There are like 800 altcoins now, some were only a pump & dumps.

get that asshole ready the gov is coming in

cryptofaggots thought big gov wasn't gonna get theirs lel

It means you are asking others to indulge in their Dunning-Kruger effects.

the basic rundown is:
ICO tokens probably are securities. The simple CYA in the Whitepaper means nothing.
The SEC mentions specifically the DAO (which crashed).

So my opinion is more positive. Should result in less Scamcoins.

But I don't want the wild west to end.

>In light of the facts and circumstances, the agency has decided not to bring charges in this instance, or make findings of violations in the Report, but rather to caution the industry and market participants: the federal securities laws apply to those who offer and sell securities in the United States, regardless whether the issuing entity is a traditional company or a decentralized autonomous organization, regardless whether those securities are purchased using U.S. dollars or virtual currencies, and regardless whether they are distributed in certificated form or through distributed ledger technology.

In other news, OP is a fear mongering retard

whats dunning kuger effect

Any cunt who thinks this is bad news get the fuck off Veeky Forums you came here and ruined the board with your shitty pink meme, wanted mass adoption so you could get rich and now are complaining as cryptos are getting recognised. Fuck off this board, go suck start a shotgun and delete your wojak folder.

it isn't over but "they" are watching

It means ETH is going to be in freefall

Tell me more about how you're an SEC accredited investor. :^)

Just shorted ETH at POLO.

I am sure some tokens will comply and they will prosper :>)

Probably a bad move. ETH is about to be over $200 again and the ETH/BTC prices are the lowest they have been all day.

It already was defined as securities, what are you retards talking about?

Holy shit? Does this mean I can actually get my money back from that Scam polybius ico I took part in?

Bitcoin could be announced as the new world currency and people would still be here saying it's time to sell

You lost Money on icos? Holly shit you must be dumb enough to buy oregano when someone say it's weed

Don't care. Made good money off eth anyways

You're an idiot if you think mass adoption isn't a time to sell. Don't even care if fiat is no longer accepted, it means I could accumulate even more as they dump their bags of dorra on me. Then when Bitcoin is accepted and everyone wants more than 300 sats each, they hard fork to increase told supply to 21 billion and printing money is no longer around - who has the fucking limited currency then? Me nigger.

Holy shit you are stupid

At least he proved my point

It means that Ethereum and the DAO was a pump and dump pyramidal scheme, and Veeky Forums is currently under suicide watch.

This is what happens when you let non-scholar pseudo computer scientists build shitty systems like Ethereum and there totally awful javashit-inspired programming language. Enjoy loosing all your money faggots.

learn2read

eth BTFO

That's why amerifats can't buy

>ITT Americucks think they're the only country in world

The rest of the world couldn't give two shits about this.

explain the flaw in my logic [spoiler]you can't[/spoiler].

Maybe you can have one of my pennies when they are worth the entirety of the bitcoin supply.

>not understanding increasing value as a derivative as provision of an item is not sufficient to quell the clamouring to obtain said item.

This doesn't mean shit

It just means the SEC isn't going to cover your ass if you get scammed by an ICO