I

I.
FUCKING.
WARNED.
YOU.

All you morons who thought cryptos would be exempt from federal oversight, here is your fucking reckoning. This endless ICO/scam/niggercoin bullshit has now caught their attention. Way to go, morons. Prepare for the fucking hammer.

coindesk.com/securities-exchange-commission-us-securities-laws-may-apply-token-sales/?utm_content=buffer2c304&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4iIAviY1BPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who cares? amerifags?

Surely there must be SOMEONE with enough connections to comply with these regs and still make crypto go mainstream :)

who gives a fuck about ICO's anyway? People are still buying those things?

>Implying the civilized world doesn't follow America's lead, especially relating to finance

Are you stupid or what?

Are you really this shortsighted? You honestly don't think the IRS and SEC doesn't have a plethora of people working up regulations for the entire crypto market right now?

"...the Commission deems it appropriate and in the public interest to issue this Report in order to stress that the U.S. federal securities law may apply to various activities, including distributed ledger technology, depending on the particular facts and circumstances, without regard to the form of the organization or technology used to effectuate a particular offer or sale."

"The innovative technology behind these virtual transactions does not exempt securities offerings and trading platforms from the regulatory framework designed to protect investors and the integrity of the markets."

:)

Warned me about what you half brained shithead? Why would I be worried if I plan to follow the law and pay any necessary taxes? Dumbfucks fuder.

No, it doesn't.

Buy Chinas coins then and laugh about USA

no one cares no coiner

this won't stop people from making unfunded niggercoins at all though
if anything it might encourage it

securities law MAY apply
securities law MAY not apply

>All you morons who thought cryptos would be exempt from federal oversight

Clearly not directed towards people such as yourself, jackass.

>And then I posted "no one cares no coiner"

Read between the lines, jerkoff. If the government says "may", it means it DOES. They are just building cases right now.

Everybody knew government intervention was inevitable what the fuck are you talking about. You didn't warn anybody.

Wait for the bottom and buy.

All this does is clear the way for hedge funds to be allowed to trade these things within their mandates. This will be good news long term

good luck with that.

So why didn't the government charge the DAO? They just decided to be nice "oh mr. Tual we know you broke the law but we won't charge you", no they didn't charge because they know they can't win in court

Yawn

No matter how hard you try, New York will never beat London as the financial capital of the world.

...and then there was Brexit

Because the government typically goes after what they feel to be slam dunk cases. Believe me, they are hunting for one - and they only need ONE. The precedent then applies across the spectrum.

But go on, keep believing you're infallible.

you and me both user. The $$$$'s are to big, being given to literal children, 10's of millions.

If anyone believed this would continue in current form they were beyond delusional.

SEC is putting up flag because there are obviously comments going into them.

Get a couple influential people to pop smoke that they got fucked/mislead/whiff of fraud and the SEC will fucking ass hammer these things into oblivion

Dude, the DAO was the ultimate slam dunk case, literally run by public figures who wrote bad code and lost tens of millions of dollars leaving investors with worthless tokens, this should have been the ultimate one to make an example out of but they didn't. Ask yourself why?

Until Congress actually writes law concerning crypto, anything the SEC or IRS brings can be challenged in court and they know it.

>who cares? amerifags?
i you really believe the sec can't rek this for everyone you are also delusional

they can use existing laws, just because nobody calls it a security is completely irrelevant.

if it walks and talks like a duck, its a duck motherfucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iIAviY1BPo

And you do know by the SEC's loose definitions they can easily interpret Bitcoin itself as a security too right? All those gloating over this may get a rude awakening. The government is NOT crypto's friend and giving them legitimacy in their rulings which are not even passed by elected officials will only come back to bite you in the ass in the end.

That's referring to the DAO and how investors should be protected like they are with securities, so it's only good for people investing and bad for the ICO/scam/niggercoin bullshit people

>the DAO was the ultimate slam dunk case

The figurehead of which was NOT an American citizen, doofus.

yes, i also said...

>they can use existing laws, just because nobody calls it a security is completely irrelevant.

>if it walks and talks like a duck, its a duck motherfucker.

the gov is no ones friend. i get this shit is death for the technology.

feels like the wild west of crypto is coming to an end

meh. In like 2 years it'll be forgotten and this shit will repeat itself again.

The SEC is fucking retarded and has no idea what they're getting themselves into.

>y-y-you have to p-pay taxes on that m-m-monero
Lol yeah right

>y-y-you have to p-pay taxes on that m-m-monero
fucking lool

They don't get it.

>"Muh cryptos will rule the worldz"

No, they won't. Not unless they are sanctioned by the powers that be. And I'm not a no-coiner.

What's "the wild west" that you speak of? Hundreds of scam coins being created weekly? Who cares. You lot of princesses make it sound like that's the end of crypto.

The wild west of noticing trends of which scamcoins are going to be pumped so you can buy and sell your way to lambo land before the dump.

They will probably look at how much money you put at a Coinexchange and when you cash out, if you have a profit it will be taxed...
pretty simple

Who cares. Shitcoins are so April-June 2017. Anyone still dabbling in them is retarded. It's all about the big 3. And no I don't mean DGB.

>tfw princess

Kikes haven't been able to stop piracy and they've been trying for my entire adult life...

you make the moronic assumption that I am liable to either you or your retarded government's wishes.

Short of being the facilitator of a major international incident, I am not. This is not up for debate either, as you are clearly out of your depth on the issue.

Ergo, I will continue to invest, while you will continue to be a poor no-coiner, forever afraid to come out of his hole for fear of some authority figure coming down on his head, as is common with american children raised in the feminine world view.

BTC ETH XMR?

federal regulation has been wanted by most of the community for quite some time now

the wild west days are long over, this is a serious investment now for millions of people. working with the gov't instead of hiding from them is necessary for this idea to really take off

no you fool, the father, the son, and the holy bean

>US companies constantly get buttfucked by the EU but can buy any congressman they want

buy in with cash. avoid all of this.

Burger detected.

:^)

>regulating crypto

I lol'd hard

I was speaking proverbially you self absorbed asshat. Get the fuck over yourself.

According to this quote only ICOs with the legal balls and upright missions to face the SEC will try and pull some shit all others it's bye bye back to P&D coins on btc or something. Thank goodness this is Bullish news for ETH since many were sick of ICOs running a muck.

In light of the facts and circumstances, the agency has decided not to bring charges in this instance, or make findings of violations in the Report, but rather to caution the industry and market participants: the federal securities laws apply to those who offer and sell securities in the United States, regardless whether the issuing entity is a traditional company or a decentralized autonomous organization, regardless whether those securities are purchased using U.S. dollars or virtual currencies, and regardless whether they are distributed in certificated form or through distributed ledger technology.

This isn't the worst yet...

Wait until they realize Bitcoin & Ethereum are ponzi schemes just like High Yield Investment Programs.

The only reason why anyone buys BTC or ETH or any other coin is because they've been told they will make 100%+ if they hodl for a year.

i was speaking plainly. Let me rephrase it: you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

the kiddy pool with the rest of your feminine-fellows is here: reddit.com

bye

You're wrong, I bought btc to trade for a shitcoin.

Oooo so edgy.

Buy the dip

YOU.
TYPE.
LIKE.
A.
FAGGOT.

>burger niggers
>civilized

This user gets it. Worst they could do is make it illegal to move USDs to an exchange that offers trading in a coin they don't like, just like they do now with banning trade with Iranian banks and stuff. But boo fucking hoo this is crypto. They can't ban you from moving bitcoin to a non-US domiciled wallet and then doing whatever the hell you want with it.

Been calling this for a while myself. This is just the beginning - a mere public acknowledgement. If y'all dont think the SEC, CFTC, IRS aren't drafting up endless regs to be applied to the crypto world right now you're fucking delusional. BTW - their sister agencies in every developed country are doing the same. Don't think you'll be immune just because the USA is the first to speak about it.

You can't scam normies out of millions and think they'll just take it lying down. Yo7 also can't profit millions without government getting it's cut.

Welcome to the beginning of the end of the wild west of cryptos. Screenshot this and reflect back in 5 years.

if ICO's are securities

BTC & ETH & LTC should be treated like such as well

it's only fair

delete this I havent stopped accumulating

>exempt from federal oversight
You already had to pay taxes on crypto transactions since at least last year, I don't understand how this makes the situation any worse.

Good luck getting to my basement through my piss bottle boobie traps

federal oversight doesn't just mean taxes user.

If you do an IPO of stock in a company, there are loads of rules you have to follow to make sure it's not a big scam (and because goverment loves rules). People doing ICOs don't currently follow any of those rules, so if the SEC changes that, it'll be a huge pain for people doing ICOs in the future, especially if they're scams. The thing is, the SEC has no jurisdiction outside the US for this sort of stuff. Whereas people issuing stock eventually want to get their stuff listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ or whatever because that's such a huge part of the world's stock market activitiy, people trading bullshit ETH tokens don't need to give a shit about anything in US jurisdiction. So this is just, like, whatever, man.

OP can't figure out how to keep his shit private and away from the walking donut magnets in the land of the free.

Uh no....... if they start to introduce their (((((mandates))))) you might as well go to the stock market.

One of the pillars of crypto is its decentralization, meaning no central authority, middleman or regulations.

Guess what these niggers are trying to do...

If regulations are introduced I'm out of crypto since it fucks over the entire point.

PEER TO PEER. What is so hard to understand here?

- No middleman

- No central authority

- No regulations

If any of these are altered the others will come to follow due time.

Fuck these cunts for ruining it and fuck any retard who supports it. If you like regulations so much go to the stock market and enjoy being fucked over there.

All this means is that in the ToS of every ICO it will explicitly state "No Americans allowed"

Almost all of them already do kek. Still fuck Americans and their ((((SEC))))

>put gains through monero/zcash and to new wallet
> Splurge only in coin on new stuff or just keep gains in new wallet

Will this work?

should I sell ?

Fucking lol

Of course, the only way they would be able to tie your earnings to you is if you sell your coin and make a bank transfer. The Jews will find a way to deter people altogether from buying/selling crypto, but if you have a functional method of making purchases they can't do shit.

>no middleman

The exchanges are the middle men.

salty

ITT burgers

No fun allowed.

>never cash it out
>go to an online gold/silver dealer
>buy metals in an amount under the IRS reporting limit and pay in Bitcoin
>receive metals, sell some, keep some because they're good for recessions and depressions and to preserve purchasing power

Really though, if they keep grabbing for my god damn money anywhere and everywhere, I'm gonna go full Kaczynski.

America regulates the currency that china generates

I'll be sure to tell my rich normie friends first :D

I bet you thought Waco was a tragedy

This is about the initial offering, stop scaremongering. Do you really think that some guy out the back of Nigeria is going to bother registering with the SEC to launch shitcoin 2.0? This will barely make an impact, if anything it will just add some legitimacy to genuine projects.

Dumb fuck. If you are in the U.S. you can't take part in ICOs. Have you ever tried? Everyone of them IP blocks and makes you agree to terms about not being a U.S. citizen.

nigga its -40% for weeks, it doesn't take that long for your 5$ buy order to fill

ICOs are pretty much scams so I don't lose any sleep if some Nigerians, Europoors, or Chinese lose money to them.

Feds can't regulate crypto. Us 4channers are too smart and have gotten away with internet shenanigans since forever. Come at us - oh wait, we're selling heroin on TOR behind a MYST decentralized VPN using anonymous internet money cashing out to FIAT in an alley.

>sales
Lul this doesnt affect miners who have a pool that pay transaction fees

kek no they don't follow cucklands lead,
>muh student loan debts

>bacdor

So, does this mean the money will flow to coins that can actually be mined from the start again?

Are there really people using centralized exchanges for their decentralized currencies? What is this, 2014?

It's our world. You europoors and third-worlders are just living in it.

Well how else are you gonna cash out?