Was this the worst defeat anyone had suffered in a single day?

Was this the worst defeat anyone had suffered in a single day?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Flodden
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The battle of thumbnails, OP the faggot III, lost

nope

Ahhh China.

Where a single battle results in the loss of a few hundred thousands lives and it's fucking normal.

I don't understand how battles like this even happen. If you're outbumbered 30:1 why fight at that point?

>why fight

Because unlike coward such as yourself, some people will die to defend their homeland, no matter what odds they face, no matter the cost. Sometimes this leads to miraculous aversions of total defeat. Ask the Greeks at Thermopylae why they even bothered fighting given how heavily outnumbered they were.

Also Salsu wasn't a battle in the traditional sense it was a flooding caused by the Koreans breaching a damn and killing most of the Chinese army, then just mopping up the rest with cavalry.

Borodino. Napoleon's inability to trap and destroy the Russian army right there basically ensured half his army would starve to death.

cringe

Arrogance, incompetence, etc

Battles are not always fought on perfect gameplan.

Often times, there is inequality in intelligence between the foes.

>cringe
cringe

well they did win so it was the right call

He lost most of the allied men to desertion going in anyway.
>422,000 march in
>22,000 peel off to guard supply depots
>400,000 go on
>60,000 peel off to take Polotsk
>340,000 go on
>175,000 by Vitebisk
>145,000 by Smolensk
>127,100 going into Borodino
>100,000 march into Moscow

>96,000 march out of Moscow
>24,000 make it back to Smolensk
>20,000 rendezvous with the Polotsk garrison
>terrible bridge crossing
>4,000 make it back to the supply depot garrison and together cross the Niemen river.

*Marathon

>I don't understand how battles like this even happen.
Because they don't.

Nigga this is
>Chinese historical annals
That shit uses more inflated numbers than self-reported penis inspections

this. there is a reason why china is some uber rich powerful nation with a billion trillion troops and impossibly high wealth... until the europeans arrive and actually start to write shit down, which revealed the middle kingdom was shockingly bullshitting.

Are you just saying that because you don't believe it or is there any real truth to it?

The Chinese have had long tax records that show number of population and well managed system. Remember, the entire China was as big as Europe as whole and for the most of Chinese history, its been roughly that size. Roman Empire had roughly similar numbers when they needed to pull those armies. However Roman army was more dedicated and professionalized military. Meanwhile while China had transitioned to a professional military, a good bulk was still conscripted when the really intense stuff happens.

Let me guess you are american so basically a citizen of the only country that never had to defend itself.

Funny that americans brag about justified wars while never fighting on their own soil.

The late Qing Empire was one of the lowest points in their history

We defeated the most powerful empire of their time here and then successfully destroyed the Canadians when they tried to start shit with us.

get fucked eurocucks

Reminder not to reply to american posters.

When did you defeat France?

wow, what a huge fucking coincidence that occurs just as the Europeans arrive to record stuff themselves!! WOW!!!!

Napoleonic Wars (quasi war)

That's when you FOUGHT France. I asked when you DEFEATED the frogs.

the battle of the lingua franca. Thanks to the US, we all speak AMERICAN.

USA USA USA

>America invades Canada (Britain)
>Britain repel the attack and starts burning Washington
Wow I can really see how you "successfully destroyed" them, John.

nice damage control

>nice damage control
Not really, they didn't really rectify their mistake, as they forgot to burn down the rest of their failed ex colony as well. Typical of the British to let their good nature get in the way of proper pest control.

>why fight at that point
They didn't.
They had a plan it worked and because the entire army was made out of peasants it turned into chaotic rout with them getting slaughtered.

>b-but America
What did he say that was wrong? Are you suggesting countries should not defend themselves in the face of an invasion?

Nice point but im pretty sure that .gif is from a movie where a rebel impersonates a british officer.
>makes a valid point
>hurr damage control
Cringe

>conveniently forgetting that a fucking storm put out the fires in DC and literally btfo the troops that started the fires forcing them to fuck off
>conveniently forgetting that US troops burnt down the legislative assembly at York, effectively the most important building in Canada at the time and stole a parliamentary mace that the US didn't give back until the end fucking 1930s
>conviniently forgetting that the US proceed to btfo the "royal" Navy at the battle of Erie

Underrated post

Im not the guy who was talking about the burning of the white house.
>assuming all these things
>missing my point about how saying "damage control" is a retarded thing to argue

Damage control.

xD funni

t. autistic NEET

Go LARP on /pol/, you defective.
And take your weeb shit with you.

Countries MUST defend their self in front of an invasion. Now tell me when the us were invaded?

What about the Battle of Flodden? I dont think its the most but its up there after losing almost all of their obility and their King. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Flodden

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Flodden

Whoops pasted it twice

UNLESS YOUR NUMBERS ARE 40:1
YOUR FORCE WILL SOON BE UNDONE

>see interesting thread on Veeky Forums
>anti-American faggots have completely derailed the thread

Thanks a lot assholes.

This was fairly recent but still absurd.

Shit like this makes me more optimistic when it comes to the inevitable ethnic balkanization of America.

>conviniently forgetting that the US proceed to btfo the "royal" Navy at the battle of Erie

Six little military transport ships captured by the Americans, "HOLY SHIT ROYAL NAVY BTFO"

Say it with me

O B S E S S E D

>bombers vs. ground troops
Kinda predictable, really.

Are you fucking stupid, the original poster you're referring to never once mentioned America you daft fucking cunt.

>We defeated the most powerful empire of their time here
>w-we defeated the Brits when they were still lapping up France's and Austria's shit, and w-we did it with the help of France, but still, #getfuckedeurocuks

The british empire wasn't the most powerful in 1776, that was the French

t. Pierre

Usually it's because you have no choice: not enough supplies, threat of desertion, and all that.

One thing to look at records, and another thing entirely to look at annals. A lot of battles recorded in annals would grossly exaggerate for more or less rhetorical effect.