Hey Veeky Forums I made a profound quote

Hey Veeky Forums I made a profound quote

>"Beauty is to art what utility is to science."

What do you think?

>What do you think?

I THINK THAT IT IS NOT PROFOUND, AND ALSO, IT IS ERRONEOUS; THE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE IS TO STUDY, AND DESCRIBE, HOW THE KOSMOS FUNCTIONS, NOT TO UTILIZE (?).

Who the fuck are you?

You mad bro? He's just saying that utility is more of an engineering thing.

Yeah, and most people incorrectly assume that to be the purpose of science, just as they assume that art is all about beauty.

ALL ART IS BEAUTIFUL; NOT ALL THAT IS BEAUTIFUL IS ART.

TO DEPICT BEAUTY IS THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ART; IF IT IS NOT BEAUTIFUL, IT IS CERTAINLY NOT ART.

You are wrong lol.

This means the job of artists is to explore aesthetics without guaranteeing that something beautiful will come out of it.

Deep, man. Can I quote that on my Facebook?

wat nigger

I think you're living in the 18th century if you think that's true OP.

Beauty has been deconstructed from art like at least 100 years ago.

No art doesn't have much to do with beauty. Beauty can (and often was) used as shorthand for the expression of the ideal or the absolute but thought has developed beyond this simplistic idea of how form functions.

Are you a licensed quote maker?

Itt: pseud getting btfo by an Arab.

Nah, you need a good understanding of calculus and physics to appreciate actual beauty.

Having a girl as a friend is like having a chicken for a pet, soon or later you will want to eat her

Ok Uriel

t. A A Lewis

newfag detected
I think that's not profound. A lot of time "profound quotes" are one line excepts from long writings. If you want to come up with something profound maybe try writing an essay on >& Humanities
and then having someone read it. See what pops out to them. Also, you killed a thread for this shitpost.

Utility is to technology*

There's a difference between science and technology.

Kys if you think this is profound or even accurate.

But not all art is beautiful, in fact there is art that has been made with the sole purpose of being ugly as hell to stir a reaction, orat least convince it's creator/the creator's audience that it's causing a reaction.

P.S.

Stop typing in caps, we can read you just fine in a normal size, in fact probably even better, That's the beauty of the internet.

and I forgot to mention, OP is wrong for the same reason as the arab dude is wrong

This potentially identifying information has been logged for use in the coming cyber war