So I've been reading the script for "The Great War" and I'm completely flabbergasted

So I've been reading the script for "The Great War" and I'm completely flabbergasted.

>Some literal who Prince gets shot
>Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia
>...
>All major powers are now engulfed in the conflict
>The most intense fighting the world has yet seen consumes most of Europe and their colonies
>Millions die
>Several empires collapse
>Several monarchs abdicate

I mean, seriously? What have the writers been smoking? This is so unrealistic, they need to tone it down.

The writer just wanted to make the most edgy and epic finale possible. What a retarded way to end the series.

That fucking sequel hook though

Reality makes for a shit novel.

Why did they keep spending so much time with that random Austrian Colonel? Is he going to be important next season? I hope not.

The sequel is better but the author just cant get endings right what so ever, I`m just waiting for the third now hoping it`ll be a win this time.

>trailer for the second season tries to hype up the Verdun arc as a "dun dun dun who will win thing" that might change the war
>Germans litterally fail to capture all their objectives on the first day, and are just biding on bought time until the French kick them out of the Vaux
>I'm supposed to get """"""""""""suspense""""""""""" from this
I'm loving the show, but the suspense feels awfully artificial, and I don't know how we could get to a German win without Deus ex Machina-ing around.

He got [spoiler]gassed in the second season's finale in the Ypres battle scene[/spoiler]. Pretty sure it's building things up for him to be brought back as a pacifist later on. He's going to be one of those idealist that strives for peace in Europe, or at least I guess that's what getting gassed in the face would do to me I think.

Corporal, you mean

LMAO at the tagline "The war to end all wars!" How desperate are they?

Holy shit why the fuck are they sending an angry bald man to russia. Lamest show ever.

The whole Western Front subplot in general is just one recycled plot after another.
>France and UK attack
>attack fails
>Germany attacks
>attack fails
>etc.

Don't get me started on the Isonzo battles, TWELVE battles. Bloody hell did they all come down with a lethal case of writers block that week?

I'm rooting for Koba though, that scene were he hides his books just before his guests arrive, holy fuck this dude is up to something big, wonder what he's planning to do with lenin

>show makes a point that soldiers call airplane pilots "the last knights of modern war" so it can hamfist the theme that "omg modern war on the ground has gotten so brutal and honor is dead down there ;-;"
>this is what passes for subtlety nowadays
Can't a story get told without getting drowned in those "le so deep messages"?

They're trying to pass it off as "if a real war started, we would be ground in trenches you see" retardation (lol, so both armies would dig trenches inthe first place why again?), but it's pretty obvious it's so they can save money on the locations.

>western front subploy always in Champagne-Pas de Calais so they don't have to move the crew around
>same for the Italian alps subplot
>and the italian front subplot
It's fucking appalling how lazy the writers are, and how so much of it is done to save costs.

>telev/his/ion

>Germans waltzes into France
>"your first battle of the marne"
>"and your other battle of the marne"

>Russia is the 2nd largest empire on the show
>Biggest fucking army out of all the nations in the war
>Get stomped hard in two deus-ex battles
So dumb.

Also, they have this thing where Japan declares war on Germany but sends no troops to Russia or Europe. Clearly only done for Eurocentrism and to make it tense.

Don't even get me started on the focus about that corporal they always focus on. He's not even German but he's in the German army. Like wtf it makes no sense.

>Clearly only done for Eurocentrism and to make it tense.
Ugh you SJWs are the fucking worst. They litteraly had this German commander strutting around with his niggers in Africa, this Lon Vettow-something, and he and his black soldiers decimating French and British armies while severely outnumbered.

It was such fucking cringe-worthy pandering to the African-American crowd ("you could've won major victories too if this had happened xD!!"), even though it's so fucking unrealistic. So something rundown little army of a German guy and his black units are going to inflict huge casualties on the British and French... Right, suuuuuuurreee.

So please don't tell me there's Eurocentrism. They force a lot of retarded bullshit to "empower" blacks.

Spoiler: your waifu was a German double agent all along.

Why else woild they practically ignore a major power after bringing them in, heck they border Russia it'd be so easy for them to diversify the European front.

Oh and that guerilla army was led BY FUCKING A WHITE MALE! Apparently blacks aren't good enough to fight Brits without white leadership? Bigots.

this thread makes me cringe

>Showrunners write themselves stuck so they simply kill off the entire Romanov story line
BRAVO

And what of the USA then, at which they've hinted at being brought in time and time again, but that they always ditch sitting around doing nothing every time there's a chance to get them included. You're an angry little cuck if you think they're leaving out only non-white nations. The show is obviously white genocide by how it dismisses the US.

The worst part is that the writers have forced themselves into a corner if they want to bring in the US, since they'd have to 180 that Wilson's character. From "keeping us out of the war" to "let's gp tp war".... Right, brilliant character """"""""""consistency""""""""".

> Apparently blacks aren't good enough to fight Brits without white leadership? Bigots.
So you want them to leave out how blacks were used as slaves by Germans? Because that's what you're making it sound like.

It was just another attempt to portray the commies as EVUL even though the overthrow of the provisional government and the peace treaty with Germany was the best thing that happened to Russia in the entire show.

I think the stupidest part is where they go from here.
I mean, how do you follow up "the biggest war ever with like everybody in it for real it's like so big there will never be another war again lmao"?
"An even biggerest war ever with even more everybody in it like seriously guys this has everyone in it also everyone dies even more than they did last time"?
Also, I don't like the trend they went with for the central powers. They just got eviller and eviller as the series went on, with the gases and shit, and then they fucked them over at the end and said the whole thing was Germany's fault. At least they can't make the Germans worse I guess.

The subplots are such bullshit.

>Ottoman empire allies with Austria and Bulgaria
>Japan allies with Russia
>Romania allies with Russia
>Italy breaks its alliance with Germany and Austria

Which dickwad script writer came up with this?