Malayan Emergency thread

Why does no one ever talk about this war? Is it because the Brits were subhuman savages that perpetrated war crimes worse than ISIS?

Other urls found in this thread:

rosinvest.com/acolumn/blog/alkogol/507.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_Uprising
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayan_Emergency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_rule_in_Burma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matale_rebellion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw the British faced an insurgency identical to the vietnam war in the Malayan Emergency but managed to suppress it with only 50,000 soldiers using tactics like forced relocations, torture, concentration camps and pic related

Are Brits smarter than Americans or just more evil?

No, they just had a native population who preferred the brits to chink fucking shits.

it's funny that the rubber industry lobbied the UK to call it an emergency and not a war, their lloyds insurance policy wouldn't have paid out if war was officially declared

>identical
>no go chi Minh trail
>the insurgency was racially and culturally isolated
>on an island

British nigger you are a ameribuger goy now. Kiss my feet you Muslim faggot. A completely irrelevant American colony, hell brexit was even memed mostly by Americans you loser

>insurgency identical to the vietnam war

Well, apart from the insurgents being an ethnic minority with no foreign support, and the insurgency being literally less than 1% of the size.

>on an island

american education pls no
i wish this meme wasn't true

the ratio of insurgents to americans/brits is roughly 10:1 respectively in both wars

it was the length of the border that really swung the war, they were identical in many respects and very influential on american strategy in vietnam, they even pioneered agent orange

Fug i got mixed up with Indonesia for a second. But what about the part with Brunei and shit or was that after? Also that peninsula is practically an island

>this delusion
brits wouldnt be so nasty to you if you werent so eternally butthurt over your colonial past

we have a million reasons to get on well with each other, you seem to think we give a shit but it's just cultural insecurity

Still an insurgency of 500 people is easier to beat than one of 1000?

>britcuckstanis trying to be relevant

Just bomb some more kids achmed

No it's because the brits still act like a relevant, major political player. They are not. Brazil and India will over take them in my lifetime. China, Russia and America are the hegemons now, Brits still think and act like they are importsnt despite doing relatively little besides be irrelevant in coalitions and losing colonies

>Also that peninsula is practically an island
yeah the length of the border really made the difference

indonesia would have been a fucking nightmare (massive population/massivley strategic location), but fortunately enough they slaughtered about a million gommies with the help of CIA intelligence in the 1960s

im still amazed 140 million people live on jakarta and 300 million overall in indonesia, and yet no one knows anything about them

the dutch have a lot of my respect

>ratios are irrelevant
well fug

our place is very hard to define in the world, it's an interesting one to discuss but i wouldnt go that far, it's like your personally offended by your own any resistance to your countries cultural infuence. Do you hate the french for the same reason? id be suprised if you don't, its kinda childish though

all i wanted to talk about was the malayan emergency but because it compared british to american compatency it's turned into a yank pissing contest and theyre the only ones with their pants down

*offended by any resistance

>talking with americans

There really is no point commonwealthbro

>British forces also booby-trapped jungle food stores, burned villages and secretly supplied self-detonating grenades and bullets to the insurgents to instantly kill the user.

>Russia

Their GDP is smaller than Italy's and they're disliked and distrusted around the world.

Around chinks, never relax. Pulau Pinang genocide when

Smarter AND more evil

Russia is almost certainly going to fracture in our lifetime. They've completely failed to transition to a democratic government and their economy is only propped up by their vast reserves of natural resources. Their population is shrinking they have a massive problem with alcoholism and drug addiction and they are pissing away an ungodly amount of money trying to create an army that they'll never be able to effectively use because they're surrounded by NATO and even the most hawkish Russian knows that going to war with NATO at best means a complete collapse of their economy and the destruction of their army and at worst ends in a nuclear holocaust.

Go read about Britain putting down the Arab revolt or really any other revolt save the American Revolution, The British had been running colonies for Hundreds of years at that point and had become masters of stamping down anybody dumb enough to come against them. If the two world wars hadn't destroyed them they'd probably still have a very sizeable empire.

This.

Applied to the Mau Mau Rebellion too

>t. Malay scum whose terrorists plague the region from the Philippines to Java.

I have heard of MI5 before but always thought it was just a meme organization because all I knew is MI6 from 007 movies

But one day I accidentally read about the contribution MI5 made during the Malaysia Emergency and I dare not to talk shit about it any more. These people don't fuck around

I feel it's a rehearsal of Vietnam War

t. Albert lim

- The Malayan Communist Party never enjoyed the same kind of broad popular support and supply lines to the communist bloc that the Vietcong did. The MCP's main base of support was among the ethnic Chinese who were only around under half of the population, with armed forces that grew out of the former Malayan People's Anti-Japanese Army. Once the British granted Independence to Malaya, the MCP lost one of their major raison d'etres which was fighting British imperialism.

- The British were better at winning hearts and minds thanks to their long experience with and knowledge of the local culture and language and cooperation with local leaders. The Americans did not have such a relationship with the South Vietnamese.

- The New Villages the British relocated the rural Chinese to so as to starve the MCP of its rural support were objectively better to live in than where they had been moved from and the Chinese largely accepted relocation. The Vietnamese "Strategic Hamlet's" were nothing of the sort.

- The Malayan peninsula did not have the equivalent of the Ho Chi Minh trail and neighboring "neutral" countries to run supplies to the communists from the Eastern Bloc.

- The Brits and the Malaysians were just plain better at jungle warfare and counter-insurgency than the Amerifats.

>massive problem with alcoholism and drug addiction
Hi, 90s called, they wanted you back

Burden of disease from alcohol abuse, WHO 2004

alcohol consumption per capita as 2010, WHO

Critics claim, that the decline of sale figures in the last few years is an artifact created by people buying more illegal alcohol.

rosinvest.com/acolumn/blog/alkogol/507.html

forgot pic.

>le the revels were all chinese

Are you fucking retarded? Do you actually think independence was not supported by most malays?
>b-but muh memes!
Kill yourself

Even if evil, those are top-tier tactics desu.
We should do the same to Daesh.

The Malayan Communist Party was overwhelmingly ethnic Chinese. Though they were also fighting for independence early on, which other non-communist Chinese and Malays also wanted, once that independence was granted in 1957 and they refused to lay down arms they became just another communist insurgency. Read

You have no clue.

The main thing that helped Britain was being able to win the sympathy of the locals. The Communists were a quasi-ethnic Chinese front and the natives in South Asia tend to resent the Chinese even in the best of times.
t. Relatives who served in Malaysia

Not even all the Chinese in Malaysia supported the Communists. Malaya and Singapore were two of the places that some Nationalists fled to aside from Taiwan when the CCP defeated the KMT. Once independence was granted the MNLA lost their rationale and support as an anti-colonial revolution.

No, that's very true. Actually many of the Chinese were (still are) non-political. Outside of urban centres at the time Chinese were mostly grocery clerks and shopkeeps. But I believe the MNLA would've been a much more difficult problem had it been a Malay party.

>Why does no one ever talk about this war?
Nothing much came of it. The communists were beaten, Malaysia was stringently anti-communist forevermore. The end.

About the only real reason to mention it is to discuss why the British succeeded in Malaya where the Americans failed in Vietnam.

I'm still annoyed that no-one has found and uploaded the missing Malaya episode of End of Empire.

>Kenya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mau_Mau_Uprising
>Malaysia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malayan_Emergency
>Burma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_rule_in_Burma
>Sri Lanka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matale_rebellion

the eternal anglo

We are doing the same to Daesh. In fact, we are also doing something even worse, we are actively supporting Shia death squads that murder, torture and rape Sunni civilians in Iraq, including women and children

only posted it because it sounds like something out of 2000 ad

top tier tactics lads

are there no torrents of it?

none that i've found

>Is it because the Brits were subhuman savages that perpetrated war crimes worse than ISIS?

The hell are you talking about? Malaya is quite possibly one of the few Western wars of the 20th century that was actually justified and fought with a degree of decency. If the U.S had taken notes from the conflict Vietnam wouldn't have turned into the quagmire that it did. Malaya was the textbook method of decolonising a country and trashing a communist insurgency.

Interestingly enough, a family friend (my godmother's mother) was the wife of the British Chief of Police during the Mau Mau Uprising. Unfortunately (but understandably) she refuses to speak about it.

oh well that's a shame, I'll probably end up watching it all up to that anyway, thanks

that's pretty interesting, have you got any tit-bits of information? although I'd doubt she say anything, the stuff they did was dark as night though justifiable on some level, the modern world wouldn't accept that kind of information without a shot of clorox

fucking revisionist scum

>revisionist scum
Commie pls go.