In this thread we discuss the most underrated Western European state

In this thread we discuss the most underrated Western European state.

Why are there so many negative stereotypes about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend
ewoutfrankema.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/THESIS.Frankema.28.01.08.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you name one former iberian colony that turned out not to be shitty.

That's why
>inb4 Panama

Los Estados Unidos de America

black legend desu fucking anglos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Legend

Please tell me this is bait

>States like Texas are closer to anglo culture than to hispanic culture
Kek. You probably thonk that cowboys and barbeques are anglo and american

or guitars

Chile. Argentina and Venezuela also used to be good before they fell for the populism meme. And honestly most of Hispanic America isn't bad by world standards.

>Why are there so many negative stereotypes about them?
Anglo propaganda.

Can you name one former french colony that turned out not to be shitty?

we don't talk about them either.

I would say Quebec is better than all the iberian colonies

If Quebec counts as a French colony then California counts as a Spanish colony Pierre DelaFrog

With that logic, New York counts as a dutch colony and the Midwest and all of eastern Canada counts as french colonies

>Cowboys and barbecues are what truly define being Anglo

>Not Protestantism or English Common Law and Enlightenment thinking based of British Philosophers

>underrated
>was the first empire where the sun never set
>defender of catholic faith
>refuses French influence for 300 years
Most underrated is probably Andorra or Gibraltar

this

Portugal
Phillip Ines
Carribean islands

>Dutch propaganda depicted Spaniards as bloodthirsty barbarians, drawing on racial stereotypes that likened them to Arabs.
Alfonso had a 1/4 moor father tho
It persists because American cultural hegemony wants you to hate Mexicans

>Portugal
>colony

>Philippines and Caribbean
>not shitty

>Why are there so many negative stereotypes about them?

English black legend + SA countries being mad after their independence.

>what is Iberian union
Phillip Ines is actually decent to live, my friend has great tales from there

>Phillip Ines
you know its written all together right?

>what is Iberian union
I guess Belgium is a spanish colony too

>Philippines is actually decent to live
For a tourist it is

Why does Veeky Forums seem to like every European country but England? Like England more! Defend England online!

I know but autocorrect changes it and I can't be bothered to go back

>Why does Veeky Forums seem to like every European country but England?
What is Germany?

My friend told me the concept of europe being a white continent came from spain. Is this true?

>Not Protestantism
Texas is majority catholic currently.Besides it is protestants due Czezh and German inmigration not English influence or
>English Common Law
American political structure diverged a lot from British one.Specially since the federation was formed

I can only think about the limpieza de sangre, it was just a way to separate the old christians ( people without moor or jewish ancestry) from the non old christians.

This, the Spanish colonial system turned pretty much everything to shit they touched.

Catholic {{{work ethics}}} did the rest.

how exactly

>"The Indian farmer is poor but free. Their situation is much better than the peasants in northern Europe, especially Russians and Germans. The number of slaves is practically zero. "
> "This must be known in Europe! The Mexican miners are the best paid in the world, they receive six to seven times more salary for their work, than a German miner. "
>Absence of slavery: "New Spain has a notable advantage over the United States, and is that the number of slaves, both African and mixed race, is almost nil. The number of African slaves in the United States exceeds one million, which is the sixth part of their population. "

> Economic Prosperity: "Among all the kingdoms Mexico occupies the first place, as much by its territorial wealth as by the favorable of its position for the commerce with Europe and Asia.
>Scientific advances: No city of America, without excepting those of the United States, can exhibit such great and solid scientific institutions as Mexico City. The capital and other cities of Mexico, have scientific establishments that will lead to a comparison with those of Europe.
Von Humblot.Political essay of the kingdom of New Spain
>Trusting anglo propaganda
>Ever
Don't fall for their lies user

Spanish colonial system divided the people meticulously into castas down to 1/16th of heritage, and gave privileges according to race. This lead to an extremely unbalanced distribution of property and goods in all former Spanish colonies, they all have ultra high Gini coefficients. Turns out this is shit for development.

>anecdotal evidence does make Mexico somewhat less shit

Child and Argentina are relatively fine. Also the main reason you could blame stuff wrong with them is US and Soviet interference during the Cold War. Also Cuba isn't all that bad even now.

>anecdotal evidence does make Mexico somewhat less shit
Humblodt travelled all around America and Europe and was probably the most renown geographer in the world.Why should I trust you over him that brings a primary source?

Spain was only great under Habsburg rulers, as soon as B*urbons took over it all turned to shit.

>This thread again full of raging indios zambombos because in the last 200 years their politicians turned everything into shit
Stop blaming Spain you cucks.

>Austrian detected
Do you mean under the Trastámara house?

As said Paco, anecdotes do not change facts, the social structures of colonial Spain are well known and the inherent flaws in that system are understood. It is not exactly a miracle why it turned to shit.

ewoutfrankema.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/THESIS.Frankema.28.01.08.pdf
Here is a good thesis in case someone is genuinely interested.

Portugal did create universities.

What's there to gain by misinforming people?

>I don't give any arguments other than my made up shit
Okay Nigle Nigelson. Social structures radically changed if ypu didn't know as the newrepublics expropiated the land to the natives which made them way poorer than they were.

Spain and Portugal literally blacked all of the americas.

Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Cuba, Panama, Uruguay

They turned out that way after they gained independence