Hey Veeky Forums what's "time"?

hey Veeky Forums what's "time"?

The increase of entropy in reality.

That's something "time" is apart of. A description of movement.

1 dimension of space-time

So is "time" an entity? a non-entity? You've just said "time" is "time.

Thats the definition of time. Your disagreement means little.
Also not Veeky Forums.

philosophy is Veeky Forums. If "time" is movment why do you experience less of it the more movement you posses?

The perception of a passage of the moment through memory and analytical grouping, really everything is only ever happening now.

There is no you. Time isn't personal. Perception is personal.
Ask about the perception of time if thats what you want, there will be an evolutionary related response. Still not Veeky Forums,

anything experiences less time faster it moves. A particle of light experiences the birth of the universe and it's death simultaneously. 'Time' is personal, i.e, relative. But it also covers all of reality as a blanket. The constant ticking of the universe. But that doesn't explain what 'time' is without referencing itself. "entropy increases over time" doesn't describe time.

If time can be divided it it'd be the before, the future, and the now. The ever changing picture of the universe. But doesn't that lend itself to the Divine? A "force" that is above all other laws of the universe? Something that exists because it has to exist? Whatever 'it' is?

Entropy increases. Time is a made up word we use to measure that increase.

The medium in which we measure and describe history

So when entropy decreases for 'x' It's experiencing negative time? You're just describing movement. And the tendency of disorder through time.
>medium in which we measure and describe
What is it, then, we are measuring?

A theory based on there apparently being a past.

A better question is what is the present. It takes a period of time for synapses to happen and yield our consciousness yet here we are. The present cannot be an instant as it is modelled in physics.

Irrelevant in the context of history. Redundant in the context of what you loosely define as philosophy.

Philosophers throughout 'time' have discussed and strained to define time. I thought it'd be a fun discussion to have. Don't have a cow, man.

"What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know." -Augustine

piss off

If philosophers more qualified than your average armchair Veeky Forumstorian can't agree on something there's nothing you can take away from us, especially for such an abstract concept of time.

Not only this, people have shitposted so much philosophy bait like stirner and nietzche that Veeky Forums actively hates discussing the humanities portion of this board. You'll literally have better success asking /int/ or Veeky Forums.

Ever see traffic signs with blinking lights that go from left to right?

They don't really go from left to right, do they. They just go on and off. Your eye following them moves from left to right, hence the feeling that the lights are moving left to right.

Time is the same sort of phenomenon based perceptual hallucination.

Time is a tool you can put on the wall, or wear it on your wrist.

A unit of measurement used to measure the distance between events.

but what is "space"

One of the two attributes of perception.

One of the two attributes of perception.

A divine benchmark that defines what we can and can't talk about on this board