HOL UP

WE now have some actual evidence over who, in fact, wuz kangz. The debate can finally be settled once and for all.

>The first genome data from ancient Egyptian mummies

>The study, published today in Nature Communications, found that modern Egyptians share more ancestry with Sub-Saharan Africans than ancient Egyptians did, whereas ancient Egyptians were found to be most closely related to ancient people from the Near East.

>The study found that ancient Egyptians were most closely related to ancient populations in the Levant, and were also closely related to Neolithic populations from the Anatolian Peninsula and Europe.

>The data shows that modern Egyptians share approximately 8% more ancestry on the nuclear level with Sub-Saharan African populations than with ancient Egyptians.

phys.org/news/2017-05-genome-ancient-egyptian-mummies.html

Really makes you think...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris#Mythology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_to_the_underworld
youtube.com/watch?v=XgPGPxpavKE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II#Mummy
atlantablackstar.com/2014/09/18/12-images-pharaohs-prove-ancient-egyptians-black/1/
nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>white devils find things in favour of white devils

>dat picture
AHHAHAHAHAHHA

Why is he not wearing a shirt?

I wish we could have a holocaust against niggers.

Even if you were kangz ? I'm italian but I don't WE WUZ ROMAN EMPIRE an even if I was how's that gonna make a difference?

At this point wewuzers and OOA proponents are no different than young earth creationist.

shirts are an invention of the racist white man

Probably because of comfort and temperature? Are you one of those people who freaks out at any exposed flesh?

Finally.

Thanks op, saving link to BTFO of every single 'we wuz kangz and sheet' and 'we were monarchs and whatnot' fucker on here. FINALLY something comprehensive.

>in b4 the same shitposting about the kushite dynasty

arent the american negroes descended from white fucking male slaveholders anyway? they are all white rapebaby mongrels with an identity crisis

This has been discussed here before. The reaction by Afrocentrists was that Levantines are Puerto Ricans aka black folks who deny their blackness.

No, I was just wondering. Judging by the archetectue of his house, I can surmise that he lives someone in the South. Every house in the South has air conditioning, so temperature shouldn't be a problem. Usually when people paint, they wear an apron or a dirty shirt or something, not just in the buff.

Has there ever been any actual "we wuz kangz posters on Veeky Forums? I've been very active on this board since it was created and I have seen nothing but /pol/ posters ranting about this stuff.

I'm fascinated by this obsession.

Don't get me wrong, obviously it is ridiculous, but there seems more people posting about "we wuzzing" on Veeky Forums than there are "we wuzzers" in the entire world.

Who exactly do you think you are going to "FINALLY BTFO"? All I see is you guys chasing your own farts.

because being an artist is low paid to begin with and he insists on painting wewuz shit, he probably can't afford aircon

>OOA proponents are no different than young earth creationist
Aren't the multiregionalists the ones that have to squint at fossils to get proofs of their claims? All the genetic evidence supports the OOA+neanderthal/denisovan theory.

What period?

Ancient Egypt lasted for a very, very long time. Like all empires since, it was multicultural. There were in fact sub-saharan rulers of Africa. A whole fucking dynasty of them. This is completely accepted historical fact. Egypt's history was so long and tumultuous, you could pick any people in the neighborhood and be damn near guaranteed that at some point or other, they ruled Egypt.

WE

When they say "8% more", do they actually mean 8 percent, or 8 percentage points? Like say the average ancient Egyptian had 10% Sub-Saharan African DNA (ignoring the ones who were actually fully Sub-Saharan African). Would that make the average modern Egyptian 10.8% or 18%?

There you have it.

But it's actually true you historically illiterate fucks

That's not the beef afrocentrism has with Egyptian history.

Technically, a black man ruled over Egypt during the 25th+ dynasties. That's a fact about Egyptian history. One that a lot of people don't focus on because who gives a shit? Cleopatra VII was greek too. Big fucking deal.
>to us

Afrocentrism argues that white people have spent the entirety of their own history rewriting that of the black man, and cites Nubian pharoahs to show how black rulers have been ignored for millennia to serve the white agenda. They took that fact, built a martyr out of its implications, and then shoved 20th century racial concerns into an ancient context and yelled at us until a white man finally said "ALRIGHT fine, black pharoahs existed".

Then they took it a step further, and said that black people were responsible for the entirety of Ancient Egypts accomplishments and that black people essentially gave birth to modern civilization.

And then they gathered in the streets of America and unironically bitched about cultural appropriation.

God of the UNDERWORLD
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiris#Mythology
> Osiris' wife, Isis, searched for his remains until she finally found him embedded in a tamarind tree trunk, which was holding up the roof of a palace in Byblos on the Phoenician coast. She managed to remove the coffin and open it, but Osiris was already dead.

> Isis gathered up all the parts of the body, except the penis (which had been eaten by a fish, the medjed) and bandaged them together for a proper burial. The gods were impressed by the devotion of Isis and resurrected Osiris as the god of the underworld. Because of his death and resurrection, Osiris was associated with the flooding and retreating of the Nile and thus with the crops along the Nile valley.

Isis and Osiris come from Byblos in the Levant.

DESCENT OF INANNA INTO THE UNDERWORLD
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_to_the_underworld

INANNA'S SISTER'S HUSBAND IS DEAD

Sumerians build their Step Pyramids with their God Alive.
Egyptians build their Step Pyramids with their God Dead inside.

>historically illiterate
You cannot take historical fact out of context and expect it to realistically hold the same meaning it did thousands of years ago.

If you do that, you're the fucking idiot.

Yeah but that doesn't imply anything either. These were stories they told their kids at night. It's like their version of "far far away" because to a peasant, Byblos would've been "far far away".

That's not how this thread started, but I agree. Afro-centrism is bullshit. I've seen afro-centrists try to claim Cleopatra as a black queen, a patently ridiculous assertion. Cleopatra was as distant from the Nubian dynasty as the present day is from Christopher Columbus.

Mate what are you even talking about. I'm simply stating, that yes, at one point, Egypt was actually ruled by black people (holy shiet i know)

As a black guy I really wish we could stop this whole WE WUZ bullshit. West Africans and their decendents were not Egyptian and thus were not kings.

So you're "simply stating" common knowledge and bitching at people?
What a contribution. Everyone fucking knows black people ruled Egypt at one point.

But dey WUZ kangz nigguh, ain't you ever heard of mansa musa

>were also closely related to Neolithic populations from the Anatolian Peninsula and Europe.

/pol/ was right again. How will Veeky Forums ever recover?

>and thus were not kings
well, actually they were, just not of Egypt but the Sahel

Apparently fucking not?

But good to hear such a nice and intelligent person as you is aware

I feel like the jury's still out on this one. Even though I agree with Hawass, that this assertion of American racial politics into Egyptian history is misguided and offensive, we've never had physical proof one way or the other. Articles have never cited "reliable" sources, and historians have never reached a full blown consensus on all of it.

But that could just be because they don't want to piss off black people, which in our modern day and age is the kiss of death to almost any goal.

1/10

Even if we had physical proof, are people going to believe it?

That's where we're at right now. This is "physical proof" that Egyptians were not "ancestrally" black. I can't wait to see what people do with it.

it was a weak case to begin with.
>egypts in africa so they must be black
>they look like modern black people in their statues and paintings so they must be black
WHITE CONSPIRACY REEE

literally the foundations of every afrocentrists argument on facebook.

Egyptians still exist. Go look at them.

Hoteps are small brained, real woke niggas post about the Mali Empire

Americans still exist too.

It's hot in Egypt

>>Then they took it a step further, and said that black people were responsible for the entirety of Ancient Egypts accomplishments and that black people essentially gave birth to modern civilization.
>And then they gathered in the streets of America and unironically bitched about cultural appropriation.

Man, hoteps and the socially "woke" type black people are two seperate groups yo. If anything the woke types dislike hoteps for hoteps being pretty misogynistic in nature(all their talk of kings and queens, etc)
Hell man, there are hoteps who believe periods and menstal cycles are a sickness from the white man and a healthy black woman doesn't have periods. They are actually fucking retarded bro.

youtube.com/watch?v=XgPGPxpavKE

Erykah Badu is not retarded you fucking neanderthal.

White people don't realize how big Egypt is in black culture. It's not just a fringe group interest.
American black culture in general has adopted this afrocentric "we wuz kangs" view as a rule, not an exception.

I'm sure the guy is getting sweaty painting. Shirtless is comfortable.

She might make decent music for middle aged black moms but I'm not taking her as an authority on African history with Egyptian hieroglyphic jewelry
>It's not just a fringe group interest.
Yes it is
>American black culture in general has adopted this afrocentric "we wuz kangs" view as a rule, not an exception.
No it hasn't.
The majority of black people are hoteps in the same vein as the majority of white people are anti-vaccine
They might seem extremely numerous but it's probably just an extremely vocal, and retarded, minority of people

>Both qpAdm35 and the f4-ratio test39 reveal that modern Egyptians inherit ~8% more ancestry from African ancestors than the three ancient Egyptians do, which is also consistent with the ADMIXTURE results discussed above. Absolute estimates of African ancestry using these two methods in the three ancient individuals range from 6 to 15%, and in the modern samples from 14 to 21% depending on method and choice of reference populations.

So 7-8 points on average.

Do you know any black folks? Not every black dude wearing an Ankh thinks we wuz kingz and shit.

great stuff

>ancient Egyptians were basically the same people as modern Egyptians
>this is apparently shocking

Whoa... so this is the power... of revisionism...

No ones looking at Drakes album cover and asking themselves what the fuck he's talking about.

That's the point you're missing. A few of them might pontificate on TV about it, but everyone has taken afrocentrism to be true to some extent. To the point where people see an Egyptian hieroglyph on a rappers album art and understand the point he was trying to make with it.
>a black power implication

So presenting numbers of who talks about it the most doesn't really matter, does it?

Is /pol/ and the dailymail right? Were the ancient Egyptians white?

>source claims the complete opposite
Did you even read the article?

I was engaged to one for 3 years. Sorry you can't use the tried and true "you don't know what the fuck you're talking about" fallback.

And I'm married to one, motherfucker. She's even got a hotep worshiping cousin. The rest of the family rolls their eyes and sucks their teeth at her facebook posts. Most blacks think this shit is stupid. Period.

>ancient Egyptians were found to be most closely related to ancient people from the Near East.
Shit, alert the press. The Ancient Egyptians were near-eastern peoples, like we knew they were already, based on among other things, their language.
We don't need 10 WEWUZ BAIT threads a day btw

You don't understand the implications of the discovery then.
So one black persons family does something, therefore all black people do that same thing. How racist.

Why would Europeans care? WE WUZ is a meme for oppressed minorities, let'em be.

>'ve never had physical proof one way or the other

We've had Ramses II mummy for decades, this isn't even an open question.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesses_II#Mummy

Yes lots of them were """white""" indeed.

Because it's scientifically incorrect.

I wasn't aware in this common era that the negro still finds himself tethered to a slave collar

I recall there being one guy who would seriously argue that the Egyptians were black and would have over 20 replies in a thread making his case in the most serious and non-meme way possible.

I said this before Veeky Forums existed, on the great /we wuz/ wars on /pol/.

I said this exactly.

Shiiiiieeeeeet...

Shit nigga deyz b lying n shit we wuz kangz deu b trying na cover up the black man's achievements coz dey b jelly of da bbc

Gib back muh ancestors whitey reee!

If your studio is warm enough, it's the easiest way to avoid getting paint on your shirt.

Why the fuck can't people wrap their heads around the fact that Egyptians were in all likelihood mixed? Neolithic Europeans and Semitic farmers and Africans mixed up originally. Then ruled over by: Achaemenids and Greeks and Romans and Byzantines and Arabs and Turks and French and British.

No one is really related to the people who lived 5000+ years ago. Fucking wewuzzers man...

His Egyptian ancestors didn't wear t-shirt. T-shirts are an invention of the white devil to curb the superhuman intellect and psychic powers of the black man, hence controlling him.

Did many of the people posting here read the study?

>modern Egyptians inherit 8% more ancestry from African ancestors than the three ancient Egyptians do, which is also consistent with the ADMIXTURE results discussed above. Absolute estimates of African ancestry using these two methods in the three ancient individuals range from 6 to 15%, and in the modern samples from 14 to 21%

The ancient Egyptian samples were a mix of ancient Near Easterners probably coming in various waves from the Neolithic on (85-94%) and native East Africans (6-15%). They were also dark-haired, dark-eyed and darker-skinned.

>were in all likelihood mixed?
Because they weren't? Read the link in OP.

>implying mummies of the ruling class are reflective of Egyptian society generally...

It's called moving the goal post.

>they wuz KAAAANGZ
Provide evidence that they weren't.
>t-they wuz mixed guys

>only the elite was white guys
>however the people who washed dicks were totally kangz I swear
Uh ok.

They were mixed to an extent, they were 6-15% sub-Saharan.

Reminder that you're the same people who consider North Africans "mixed" while having similar sub-Saharan ancestry as those ancient Egyptians.

Mebe you should read moar.

>Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods

i.e after about 4000 years of ancient Egyptian society. Also 3 mummies from a relatively later period does not constitute a decent sample to make sweeping statements

>THEY WUZ TOTALLY 6-15% KANGZ
lmao

GJ ignoring the rest of my post. One drop rule.

They would have been majority Levantine since the Neolithic already. I doubt they were ever significantly African.

>All the images that are depicted on temples, tombs, and even on The Sphinx were of blacks (Africans). Explorers came to Kemet (Egypt) and defaced as many statues and images as they could. Napoleon blew off the nose of The Sphinx with dynamite. So, it's based on envy, hatred and disbelief that Africans were intelligent enough to build the world's greatest civilization...

atlantablackstar.com/2014/09/18/12-images-pharaohs-prove-ancient-egyptians-black/1/

Not significantly until the unification of upper and lower Egypt probably.

Honestly the people who try to completely scrub any African influence on Egypt though are just as retarded as the we wuzzers.

Well as an artist it's better this way to avoid getting paint on your clothes.

That's a well rendered painting tbqh. I'd buy it. At least that guy has more talent than half the people on this board.

What did you expect? It's mostly insecure white kids posting on here. Three autosomal results come from a specific site with Levantine associations and not only do they generalize to the whole of Egypt throughout time but they're also not sub-Saharan at all apparently, despite what the study seems to find.

Though I do think the Egyptians never even approached the 'biracial' 50-50 area.

from kangz to chainz...

>WE STILL WUZ KANGZ TO ME!

Glorious thread...

Are North Africans and Middle Easterners white too now?

>Strikingly, the mummies were more closely related to ancient Europeans and Anatolians than to modern Egyptians.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeet...

nature.com/news/mummy-dna-unravels-ancient-egyptians-ancestry-1.22069

This desu, its like the nordicucks going on about how greeks and romans were actually nordic. Sad!

>Honestly the people who try to completely scrub any African influence on Egypt though are just as retarded as the we wuzzers.

People Extremely blow up their presence here.
The extreme vast majority of threads are shitters bitching about "we wuzzers" non stop and ruining any discussion about Egypt

Who here still think we wuz kangz and dem scientist b lying?

Science b rayciss!

Pic related is a photo from the time of pharao Wewuz III. CanĀ“t argue with facs. Whitey btfo lmao.

They weren't necessarily "more related", they shared more drift which is lowered due to extra African ancestry in modern Egyptians. And by ancient Europeans, they mean the Anatolian farmers who had recently arrived to Europe.

In fact the populations who share more drift with ancient Egyptians also share more with modern ones on average and it's some Southern Europeans (Basques, Italians, Greeks) who appear on top, not whites. It's also based on only one 8th-6th century BC sample.

The dream of Nordic Egypt has been finally destroyed.

Nordic? Well obviosuly they weren't Nordic, Nordic people are Nordic, but ancient Egyptians were Caucasians with a variety of hair types, like pic related from the Amarna. They also had red hair.

Daily reminder that more aggressive inbred peoples actually have more aggressive primitive features.