Is /ourhistorian/ going mainstream?

Is /ourhistorian/ going mainstream?

>dailymail as news source
>cites 'youtube historian' as expert source

I remember reading something about people using fire arrows to attack wooden siege towers.
but he's probably right.

>"researchers"
>"historian"
>"Lindybeige"
a dance instructor with an Bachelor's in Archaeology is not a researcher or a historian

tpbp

What's bother me most is that they're talking about researchers in plural when it's just one guy, Lindy.

>lindybeige
>historian

Does he even have a degree?

>YouTube historian

You don't need a degree to write history, but you do need to do research. Lindy doesn't.

was lindy raped by a fire arrow at a young age or something?

Hmmmm

Hmmmmmm....

>youtube historian

Reeee

HmmmMmmmmMmmmm.......

Meh, 99% of things in historical movies are bullshit anyway.

The most annoying thing is that every battle is just the two armies rushing at one another on a field and then quickly transforming in one-on-one battles.

>cavalry didn't exist
>fire arrows didn't exist
>icepick grip didn't exist
what will /ourguy/ deny next? maybe he'll tell us historical warfare as a whole was just a myth made up by hollywood

Hmmmm?

>tfw historically Scottish armies were pretty Veeky Forums but Braveheart has forever ruined their image

Those look like later armour tho.

>stabbing people in the back is impossible
>no amphibious landing was ever contested
>katanas were the worst swords and samurai were the worst fighters
>slings were better than bows and arrows
>axes were meant to be thrown at the ground so that they would cut off toes
>there is no such thing as double-bitted axes
>chariots were not used in battles, they were only taxis to carry footsoldiers

>spears could not be held overhand
>swordsmen never parried with the edge of the blade
>vegetarians should be force-fed lard
>greek soldiers could not sit down
>zweihanders were swung in figure-8s to wade head-on into pikes

>vegetarians should be force-fed lard
this is true though

The Scoto-Normans would have looked like typical European knights of the time but the actual Scots were still going without armor and using hide covered wooden round shields

They weren't wearing plaid and woad

>ywn fight for your country in a manly skirt over plate

why even live

Good question. Kill yourself.

What retard did that screencap? This is really terrible job in many ways.

already did

indeed, the scottish warriors contemporary to Longshanks looked more akin to madmax than true plated knights

>Daily Mail as a source
>Daily Mail using "youtube historian" as a source

Immediately discarded with the force of a thousand suns

I really wish people on Veeky Forums would stop posting the Daily Mail as a source for anything. It's a women's rag (something like 60 to 70 percent of the readership is women) whose sole prerogative is to print anything that'll get clicks. It's honestly a step above citing the Weekly World News

By the way, why does Britain produce such crappy newspapers ? Isn't there a price to pay for spreading fakenews ?

Britain, like any civilised nation, has a collection of absolute rags in print for the prol to be entertained by.

Most of the papers were decent until recently, it was when the Internet started killing subscriptions and they had to use paywalls that the quality went southward. The FT is still okay(and the Spectator if you don't mind opinion pieces)

Just today I've found three mistakes in my own local rag!

>slovakia when they clearly mean slovenia
>estonia is a "northern european" country
>the manchester attack was an attack on femininity

Those are illustrations of a Medieval hot-dog franchise's innovative method of rapidly delivering hotdogs door to door via horseback without dismounting.
The same hot-dog franchise delivering food aid to a besieged city.

He has an archaeology degree

Modern reconstructions of what we assume they look like. The level of evidence is staggering user.

>youtube historian

I'm glad print and ""professional"" journalism is dying.

what do I become, a youtube historian dance teacher or a reporter who uses youtube sources and reports on random, irrelevant facts for movies and video games?

So how does Lindy keep himself funded?
By dancing?

I laughed so fucking hard at this

Just recently the financial times grossly misrepresented the drop in gdp because Theresa Mays lead has lessened. While I agree overall that they're an ok paper they've definitely got a slant

He's a posh boy born into an obviously upper class family. He's either got his parents to keep him funded or they're dead and he's got their money anyway

What are some Veeky Forums tier movies?

Apocalypto

Gladiator is 100% accurate

Barry Lyndon

no...he presumes that a fire arrows purpose is anti-infantry for no reason.

fire arrows are obviously meant to destroy wooden structures.

?!@?!?!?!?!?/21/?!/1/!???!?!?!!!!!

fuck off

Stalingrad (1993)

Free State of Jones