PM'S

what is your opinion on precious metals?

It's an inflation hedge, nothing more. Don't buy them, as they will drag on your returns

If/when RUS/CHN decide to ever have a gold backed currency then it would be great...but I held my gold for a very long time and don't consider it an investment in terms of "gainzz" but as a hedge for geopolitical turmoil. BTC is similar and I would expect to see flight into that should USD collapse. I know it will but it is "almost happening" for nearly 10 years now. I intend on buying up some gold later this year or early next with BTC since more and more gold buyers are accepting this form of payment now. Silver is undervalued and COMEX will keep it that way indefinitely...until they can't.

great rainy day fund. great for leverage.
everyone should be holding small amounts

>great for leverage
Your parents made a mistake lad

I like precious metals, but it's just not a good investment. They hold value during a crisis but that's it, they won't make you anything.

>great rainy day fund.
Why is it better than stocks or ETFs?

>great for leverage.
Explain
>everyone should be holding small amounts
Why?

I buy gold and silver scrap jewelery off craigslist and thrift stores and I love being able to hold and smell the currency of kings and gentlemen. Debt is money for slaves and cryptos is money for geniuses

don't care for gold, but everybody has gotta get some silver incase it moons.

And autism is money you have to pay to get treated

why dont you just buy coins?

rolling

Your grandfather's crypto

Jewish tricks.

Everyone knows that the only things that hold monetary value are bullets, food, and pussy.

Pussy doesn't age well.

Rent that shit user.

Why should I buy gold though? I really want to understand.

gold is real wealth, gold is not affected by inflation, gold is like paper money but better.

anybody that post that precious metals are for "leverage" are obviously dumber than a rock.

its for hedging your portfolio against inflation of whatever retarded currency your country uses and also a hedge against deflation of the stock market.

should never expect overnight gains from holding physical gold and silver
should never have more than 5% of your total net worth in physical gold and silver

Ur like the teacher that marks English essays

i dont know about that, gold and silver really is money just in metal form. i would rather have gold or silver over paper money any day

Unless you can explain your point you haven't made one.

I see. I have like $5,000 in physical cash in n envelope just in front of me and it just feels so good to hold and count for some reason.

but you would be better off buying gold and silver with that money still, if you dont thats your loss bud. ;) useless paper notes < real tangible assets

I know....
I need to find a way to get this money into the bank though somehow....it just feels good

> useless metal bars > useless paper notes

Hmmmmmmm

you lock 2 objects into a safe, what is the purchasing power of 1 oz of gold in 20 years and equivalent dollars?

silver has alot of industrial uses so its not "useless" be gone thot.

good place to sit money if you don't trust the market

One is subject to the free market, while the other kind of has institutions and government behind it.
As in...people who will actually fight and kill for it to be worth something. But not for gold.

I just don't know.

gold also has industrial uses, I just think not as many as silver.

nuggets or ingots?

its a store of value for really big entities, like governments and corporations.a lot of transactions and trade between countries is actually done in gold, its the ultimate and only form of "real" money right now.

>Why is it better than stocks or ETFs?
solar flares

>not keeping a physical ledger of all your transactions