$20,000 investment?

I have $20,000 sitting in a regular savings account making like $180 annually. It sucks and I'd like to know if there's something better out there? I know exactly zero about investing, suck at math and have no finacial experince.

Please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0540&FundIntExt=INT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With 20K you're still crypto tier. Other option is just working and saving

If you don't wanna be ballsy just put it in a CD.

I thought crypto currency was a meme

Explain more

tbf what you're making off of that savings account is a joke too, might as well put the earnings in a few altcoins with actual and sensible plans, just in case they go x100 in a year.

You'll need memes to squeeze more than single digit % out of it

buy bitbean

20K I'm BNT or 20K in DGB will make you a millionaire within 1-3 years. OP you would be foolish not to investigate what I just told you.

CDs and IRAs are old school and credit building but don't pay out anymore and the taxes when you cash out are fucking dumb

>I thought crypto currency was a meme
This is the mindset of a normie and as a normie you deserve to wagecuck forever just as the jew intended. Good luck.

DUK

Do not buy crypto. It's 10x riskier than stocks.

Research index funds. You buy shares of this security that is actually a mix bag of the entire market of securities. It diversifies your risk and makes it easy to invest knowing you won't get fucked unless the whole part of the market gets fucked.

I do something similar but with leveraged ETFs.

They're riskier, but similar set up. Someone manages my money for me.

I own TECL, LABU, and NAIL.

I'm about to buy QLD to diversify my risk even more because I'm getting into riskier investments with more of my portfolio.

The biggest learning tool is to watch and try to figure out what causes the price fluctuations.

If I had 5k in my portfolio, I would have made $200/mo the last 3 months.

$20k? $800/mo

Both of these look like their tanking

Thanks I'll look into that

Ah that makes sense

just do what biz saz

my suggestion would be

10k vanguard total market index fund
10k vanguard total market international fund
very low rates, good return.

This works best if you keep contributing though.

If that is the amount of money you will ever get don't bother. I suggest this because it is fairly simply to get your money back from vanguard in like a week or less.

All you have to do when you invest is be extremely skeptical. Of everything, everywhere, that everyone tells you. Every single person, even your bank.

ALWAYS consider and know the motives behind what people tell you. WHY do brokers try to advertise margin investing to you? WHY do they try to make you panic? Why would someone give you actual good advice to their own detriment on Veeky Forums?

Be extremely skeptical and you'll be fine. Always do your own research because seeing is believing.

>Why would someone give you actual good advice to their own detriment on Veeky Forums

Why does good advice have to be to own detriment? We can all win together

100% srs buy OMG. It's quietly being accumulated and will take off soon when a certain press release comes out

please please don't fall for this crypto meme unless your parents are rich who you can crawl back to. Either you're set for life or live a miserable life then die a broke ass nigga.

AMZN baby.

half my money is in AMZN. They are gonna take over the world.

BitBean posters are the hardest working shills on Veeky Forums and I'm actually going to invest in it because you guys are just relentless.

don't waste your time with stocks, only 5% of day traders actually beat the market and you're not going to be the 1 in 20. What you should do is take $5000 and set it aside as your emergency stash, you don't touch it unless you have unexpected medical bills or lose your job. Once you've got that set up you open up an index fund (vanguard's S&P500 fund is the most popular because it has the lowest expense ratio, but there are other good ones as well) That's what you should be putting your savings into because your return will closely mirror the performance of the S&P500 which is about the best bet you can make. Here's the one I like personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0540&FundIntExt=INT

oh and don't fall for the crypto meme

crypto is exactly the same as S&B except the swings are higher/lower. fuck off

Are you telling me with my 300k sitting in the bank i could never work again?

>$20,000 sitting in a regular savings account making like $180 annually
LOL what is inflation?

READ THE INTELLIGENT INVESTOR

> 'd like to know if there's something better out there?
this is not a fucking question
it is a statement
STATEMENTS DO NOT REQUIRE QUESTION MARKS
why do millennials not understand thsi
FUCK

If you have 25 times your yearly expenses invested making 7% you can retire (assuming 3% inflation)

You're sitting on 3X levered ETFs. I can almost literally guarantee that your portfolio will go to 0 over the next 2 years. This is so foolhardy that I'm going to let you learn your own lesson the hard way.

How can you tell that it's being accumulated? Which press release? McDonalds? Prototype blockchain?

crypto is a meme.

20k is jack shit, something you could use to start a lawn-mowing business, maybe, if you rented the truck.
Gotta get back to work.

NEETs are suspicious of everyone.

what if i put like 500K into that with 250K in each? what sort of roi per year?

lmao

Most bitbean shills don't even hold the coin, it's just that shilling it is somehow contagious and fun

Markets average 7% growth.
3x7% = 21%. Obviously depends on bull/bear market. Watching market indicators should give enough heads up to save yourself from oblivion on a bearish turn.

It's the easiest way to make it.

Stay poor, senpai.

>Do not buy crypto. It's 10x riskier than stocks.

There is no real meat behind that statement. You're repeating what you've been told by others. You look at historical data while ignoring the old mantra: past performance cannot guarantee future results.

After World War 2, the stock market gave fantastic returns as an accurate reflection of a booming economy. For the last three decades, great returns are the result of worldwide manipulation, and these levels of manipulation only become greater and greater.

Every indicator shows increasing unstability. Debt, derivatives, unemployment, social security, demographics, IQ levels, loans, social unrest, distribution of wealth. It's an extraordinary leap of faith to assume the market will keep trudging along for 10, 20, 30 years.

On the flipside, cryptocurrencies have clear rules regarding emission and inflation, transfer of value, privacy or lack thereof, immutability or lack thereof. There are numerous problems in the space, but less so than in the stock market.

More importantly, current rate of returns reduces your exposure to risk over time. Long-term, this ship is sinking. No ifs, no buts. "Time in the market" is a game of Russian roulette. Make your gains fast, and get out before you blow your brains out.

Stay stupid senpai.

buy 8 bitcoins.

lend them out with auto-renew on Poloniex for say 0.05 daily compound interest.

log back in after a year.