Ancient Egyptians had European DNA

newsweek.com/egyptian-mummy-dna-study-suggests-close-ties-middle-east-europe-617767

We were pharaohs and such.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnxp.nofe.me/2017/05/30/ancient-egyptians-black-or-white/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: RazibKhansTotalFeed (Razib Khan's total feed)
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.d8cceca6e8bc
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.4ca8ed5db7f7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bullshit.

Woah, it's almost as if northern africans are more related to other Mediterraneans rather than to populations separated by thousands of miles of inhospitable desert.

They didn't. Also, stop making threads about this, just use the existing ones.

>thousands of miles of desert
Sudan borders Egypt, and their ethnic groups overlap.

HOL UP
*watches fox news*
SO WHAT YOU BE SAYIN IS
*spreads mayonnaise*
WHAT YOU TRYNA SAY BE
*begs parents to buy car*
AYYYOOOOO
*listens to K-Pop*
AYO HOL UP
*eats sushi*
YOU BE SAYIN LIKE
*dates asian girl*
WE WUZ
*whine about jews on the internet*
KANGZ N SHIIIIIIEEET?

WE

Oi, did I understood you well ? Are you telling me that we, as a people, were rulers of noble extraction once upon a very long time ago and whatnot ?

Levantin Neolithic isn't Europe.

If you consider that DNA "European" why do you poltards complain about Syrian refugees?

They're all Europeans too according to your standards!

K E K
E
K

>If you consider that DNA "European" why do you poltards complain about Syrian refugees?
Middle Easterners are white when it's beneficial to their agenda, but subhuman shitskins when it isn't. Don't you know how /pol/ and their special brand of doublethink works yet?

Even ancient egyptian were white
God fucking damn it feels good.

>If you consider that DNA "European" why do you poltards complain about Syrian refugees?

We also complain about Polish immigrants.
Not everyone is a globalist. Is this hard to understand?

Did you even read the article? It said the ancient Egyptians are basically Levantines.

Poles aren't white.

I'm Syrian with 47% European ancestry according to 23andMe. Parents came from Halab (Aleppo)

modern syrians are considerably more Arabicized than syrians from 2000+ years ago mate.

I think they just don't like those who explote and are burka burka.
After all /pol / loves syria and assad

Nice strawman. A minority of Near Easterners are White and many aren't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that perhaps putting all Syrians under one label doesn't make sense.

Poles are just a step forward from toasters

If anybody wants to read a good detailed blog post explaining this, look at this by Razib Khan

gnxp.nofe.me/2017/05/30/ancient-egyptians-black-or-white/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: RazibKhansTotalFeed (Razib Khan's total feed)

Ancient egyptians were most similar to middle easterners of their time, and are most similar to modern Sardinians, the population closer to neolithic farmers.

Keep dreaming.

"What you can see here is that to a great extent ancient Egyptians were descended from a population closely related to Natufians, or Natufians themselves. This easily explains the mtDNA affinity to Neolithic farmers: Natufians and Anatolian Neolithic populations were sister populations. The f3 statistic which looks at shared drift shows an affinity of ancient Egyptians with ancient farmer populations with Near Eastern provenance, but also with modern Sardinians. This is a common pattern, as ancient groups do not have later migration waves, with the Sardinians the modern population closest to this......
If you plot the genetic variation of ancient Egyptians they’re closest to Neolithic eastern Mediterranean populations. No great surprise.
Not the modern Egyptians. Why? It’s pretty clearly because modern Egyptians are shifted toward Sub-Saharan Africans. But there is also another component: modern Egyptians have more of the cyan eastern farmer component. What could this be?
An immediate thought comes to mind. We focus a great deal on Sub-Saharan African slavery. One reason is that it is visible. Black Africans are physically distinct from most Middle Eastern populations. But Egypt was long the center of another slave trade: “white slaves” from the Caucasus. Circassians. For hundreds of years Mamluks were recruited from the Caucasus as military slaves. They eventually became the ruling class of Egypt, until their decimation in the 19th century under Muhammad Ali (who himself was an Albanian Ottoman who never learned to speak Arabic well).
As noted in the paper earlier work looking at patterns in ancestry tracts and LD decay had made it obvious that much of the admixture of Sub-Saharan ancestry in Egypt, as in much of the Middle East, is relatively recent. In particular, it dates to the Islamic period, when trade and conquest took on new dimensions in Africa and north into Central Asia....

WHAT EVEN IS "EUROPEAN DNA"?

THESE PSEUDOSCIENTIFIC ARTICLES MADE TO INCITE RACISM, AND ETHNIC STRIFE, ARE GETTING EVER MORE RIDICULOUS AND ABSURD.

Pretty sure the Ptolemaic Kingdom helped later on as well.

>why do you poltards complain about Syrian refugees?

>black people from subsaharan africa are syrians now

You have the redditors who are fervently proTrump and then you have /SG/ which is overwhelmingly proAssad. The general feeling of the board is hard to gauge though.

Middle East is white now

Slave are "white"as well. Syrians are a problem because of Islam.

They didn't have SSA.

no they didn't
they had MODERN leventine dna
which is middle eastern, not ,European.

But Egypt had many non Egyptian pharaohs from 1600BCE, because that was when they were got conquered for the first time and never really regained controll and 1400BCE - 400 AD falls in this timespan.
BTW it is an incredibly long timespan that even encompasses the Greek, Roman and Persian rule over Egypt ffs.

So it does not prove shit that we did not already knew. Anyway here are the foreigners that have ruled Egypt (all, but the Nubians are middle eastern and european so it's just rewording data that is irrelevant to the discussion about hwoi the ancient Egyptians (10.000BCE - 2000BCE) were.

The Hyksos took over much of Lower Egypt around 1650 BC (100 years)
The Libyans and the Sea peoples who were "a powerful confederation of largely Greek, Luwian and Phoenician/Caananite pirates from the Aegean" and the Assyrians (1235BCE untill the Priests of the Amun temple regained control).
The Nubians (800BCE - 671BCE)
The Assyrians (671BCE - 627BCE)
The Persians (343BCE - 320BCE)
Then Ptolemaics* (320BCE - 30BCE) (were Greeks)
The Romans (30BCE - 619AD)
The Persians (619AD - 639AD)
The Arabs (639AD - 1250AD)
The Mamluks (1250AD - 1517AD)
The Ottomans (1517AD - 1798AD)
The French (1798AD - 1805AD)
The Albanians (1805AD - 1952AD)
Democracy (1953AD - present)

> the Assyrians (1235BCE)

The fuck am I reading?

Assyria was a major Mesopotamian East Semitic-speaking kingdom and empire of the ancient Near East and the Levant. It existed as a state from perhaps as early as the 25th century BC in the form of the Assur city-state,[1] until its lapse between 612 BC and 599 BC, spanning the Early to Middle Bronze Age through to the late Iron Age.

I know it existed, what I'm saying is that it didn't conquer Egypt in 1253 bc, I have no idea where you got that from.

You're right. I can't find it anywhere either.
I compiled this list by using Wikipedia, could even be a editing mistake. I don't know, but the rest of the list should be correct and also proves that OP's post is nothing we did not already knew about the pharaohs from 1400BCE-400BCE

I'm still looking for mummies with Caucasian features older than the Hyksos invasion, but it seems like those don't exist.

During 1253 bc Egypt underwent a period of great prosperity under pharaoh Ramses II, they went to war against the Hittities and pushed them back, Assyrians didn't went to war against them at all during that time, Egypt even had control of much of the Levant back then, they were one of the major military pwoers in the Near East in the Late bronze age.

Only around two centuries later they got conquered by a Lybian dynasty,

Sea peoples tried to attack them multiple times but failed and settled in the the part of the Levant ruiled by Egyptians, but not in Egypt proper, also the Egyptian pharaoh gave some lands to foreign mercenaries known as "Sherden", but they certainly didn't conquer Egypt, they were mercenaries.

Didn't the Sea people work for the Libyans?

Egypt was under Persian thumb since Cambyses for the Achaemenids.

>a thread about Greeks larping as Greeks

>And God saw it fit to seperate the Africans

>we didn't find much sub-Saharan African ancestry.”

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.d8cceca6e8bc

if egyptians were had white lookin skin.........plaese tell me the sunscreen brand they used

>washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.d8cceca6e8bc

>1300BCE
>Ancient Egyptians

Pick one

The article says:
"This study left two gaps in the Egyptian timeline that Krause wants to fill, he said. It is not clear when the African gene flow, present in modern Egyptians, occurred. Nor could the study determine the origin of the Egyptians. “The other big question is, 'Where did the ancient Egyptians come from?' ” Krause said. To answer that, scientists will have to find genomes “back further in time, in prehistory.”

I thought this was pretty much common knowledge. Do you idiots seriously believed that the pyramids could be build by fucking niggers? Or the fact that niggers would have any culture at all?

The study says that they were 6-15% 'black' (and more likely the higher number) and that the rest of their DNA clustered very closely with Bedouins and Levantines. Since when is that 'white'?

Yeah but whatever they were, this much is certain, they weren't Subsaharan Africans aka negroes.

The same suncreen brand Romans and Greeks used.

Also are you implying they did not get skin cancer? Sauce?

Found the nigger

Well meme'd, good sir.

>a thread about Greeks LARPing as Egyptians

Baseless conjecture.
There at least were Sub Saharan African in Southern Egypt capable of aligning their structures with the stars at least a 1000 years before people started to build Stonehenge.
We see this technique back in the pyramids, so at least that points to their influence.
But what is there in Egypt that we also find in the Middle-East, things they could have contributed?
Only religion.
It even took 500 plus years for the invention of the middle eastern chariot to reach Egypt and there is no data of Egypt actually trading with the medittereanians.
We do have osteological data done by medal winning aercheologist Fred Wendorff that suggest that the people of the Nabta Playa (8000 - ? BCE) were of Sub Saharan origin.

There is no doubt that Middle Easterners have settled in Egypt before it was a kingdom, a couple hundred miles north from the Nabta Playa.
However, we do not know what happened to both.

No.

No what?

>samefagging

Low-tier as fuck. White people don't really speak like that. /leftypol/ faggots literally can't make a meme of their own.

>a nigger larping as an egyptian

kek

Greeks literally ruled over Egypt while niggers did the same shit they always did - play with sticks and stones in mud.

No to you trying to color Egypt into various shades of black.

Just move on, claim Carthage as a black African civilization, it will take decades until they do the same sorts of genetic research there.

It can be yours.

BCE
>>Ancient Egyptians
>Pick one
Nah, I'll pick both.

>It is not clear when the African gene flow, present in modern Egyptians
After 1300BC, clearly.

They actually did. The closest people DNA wise to the Carthaginians/Phoenicians are the Lebanese. So niggers can't even claim that. Maybe they should try claiming China or something.

The fact that the ancient Egyptians themselves say they're origins are in the South, no no let's just forget that. Never mind the fact that they literally viewed the world upside down, meaning they saw the Levant as South and SSA as North. Never mind the flow of the Nile and the fact that no civilization has ever developed against the flow of a river.

I just find it ironic that people here are quick to bitch and moan about afrocentrist revisionism, but then have the nerve to post complete nonsense like op, and be completely fine with it.

Asia is ripe for conquest.

Ok, you pick the Egypt from 1300BCE - 400AD as being ancient and i pick the Egypt from 10.000BCE to 2000BCE as being ancient

mythology > science?

I guess as a Nord, I hail from Troy.

muh myths says so.

WE

Sorry, forgot about the millions upon millions of migrating Europeans and Middle Easterns moving into Egypt, breeding the previous black and proud population into complete oblivion by 1300BCE

Egypt was invaded many times, because they NEVEr walled their cities, a practice they would have done had they were Middle Eastern as it was a common practice there.
Now imagine what a raid would look like in an unwalled territory.
And now look at a list of raiders and people who have actually occupied Egypt, most likely trough war (which decimates a population) and not by democratic means.

The Hyksos took over much of Lower Egypt around 1650 BC (100 years)
The Libyans and the Sea peoples who were "a powerful confederation of largely Greek, Luwian and Phoenician/Caananite pirates from the Aegean" and the Assyrians (1235BCE untill the Priests of the Amun temple regained control).
The Nubians (800BCE - 671BCE)
The Assyrians (671BCE - 627BCE)
The Persians (343BCE - 320BCE)
Then Ptolemaics* (320BCE - 30BCE) (were Greeks)
The Romans (30BCE - 619AD)
The Persians (619AD - 639AD)
The Arabs (639AD - 1250AD)
The Mamluks (1250AD - 1517AD)
The Ottomans (1517AD - 1798AD)
The French (1798AD - 1805AD)
The Albanians (1805AD - 1952AD)

It wouldn't be easy to maintain the exact same population when you're slaughtered, occupied and your land getting replaced by foreigners.
Just look at the Native Americans.
If we'd have no data rgearding American history and we'd perform DNA tests on 50.000 random Americans, they European genome would be the most prevailent, meaning that cucks like you would say that it means that America was always inhabitet by the Europeans and i would have say that we need samples that are faaar older.
Same discussion different time.

Lmao they did the DNA testing. It's over. Get over it.

>Levantines
So...white?
>king of Jordan

"In a study published May 30 in the journal Nature Communications, scientists looked at DNA from 151 mummified Egyptians, which were entombed from about 1400 B.C. to just after 400 A.D"

Could be any one of these people mentioned here That's the problem and the researchers do not deny it:

"This study left two gaps in the Egyptian timeline that Krause wants to fill, he said. It is not clear when the African gene flow, present in modern Egyptians, occurred. Nor could the study determine the origin of the Egyptians. “The other big question is, 'Where did the ancient Egyptians come from?' ” Krause said. To answer that, scientists will have to find genomes “back further in time, in prehistory.”
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/?utm_term=.4ca8ed5db7f7

stay salty

Egypt was conquered by Nubia (basically the niggers) for some time.

Lol you´re trying so hard. Pls write another wall of text.

>their flipping neighbours of less within an a relatively close distance
ftfy

I'm a writer, sue me
Also, couldn't find anything useful to say to contribute to the discussion, girl?

their flipping neighbours of less than 100 miles so within reasonable distance

black people aren't smart enough to run a civilization, news at 11.
sorry Jesus, I tried.

Carthaginians were not Phoenicians. There were some colonists, but most of the Carthaginian empire's population should have just been natives of whatever land they were in (Iberia, Numidia, modern-day Tunisia, etc.). I remember seeing a graph where Tunisia for example displayed very little sign of Middle Eastern ancestry, even less SSA ancestry, and like 90%+ native North African ancestry.

What's your point? They weren't Egyptians, they were different people.

>Now imagine what a raid would look like in an unwalled territory.
It wouldn't look like a population exchange.

That is a marvelous list you've compiled but since nothing implies that the majority or even a sizeable minority of those people started copying the Egyptians in the ways of mummification of their own. It's a cute list though.

>Just look at the Native Americans.
invalid comparison, continental differences in disease resistance killed the Native Americans.

>That's the problem and the researchers do not deny it
Not in the way you're implying though. Post 400AD would be the natural guess.

>Could be any one of these people mentioned here
Why would non-Egyptians engage in the Egyptian practice of mummification?

It was legitimately funny. He kind of hit a certain group of white dudes on Veeky Forums right on the head.

What the fuck is """""""""White"""""""""" anyway

Neil DeGrasse Tyson (served on the Commission on the Future of the United States Aerospace Industry and in 2004 served on the President's Commission on Implementation of United States Space Exploration Policy, the latter better known as the "Moon, Mars, and Beyond" commission. Soon afterward, he was awarded the NASA Distinguished Public Service Medal, the highest civilian honor bestowed by NASA) and Katherine Coleman Goble Johnson (an African-American physicist and mathematician who made contributions to the United States' aeronautics and space programs with the early application of digital electronic computers at NASA. Known for accuracy in computerized celestial navigation, she conducted technical work at NASA that spanned decades. During this time, she calculated the trajectories, launch windows, and emergency back-up return paths for many flights from Project Mercury, including the early NASA missions of John Glenn and Alan Shepard, and the 1969 Apollo 11 flight to the Moon, through the Space Shuttle program.[1][2][3] Her calculations were critical to the success of these missions.[1] Johnson also performed calculations for the plans for a mission to Mars.From 1953 through 1958, Johnson worked as a "computer,"[16] analyzing topics such as gust alleviation for aircraft. NACA disbanded the colored computing pool in 1958 when it was superseded by NASA, which adopted digital computers.)

There are many more people like her, but it took her untill 2015 to reveive recognition for the work she did even though she resigned from Nasa in the early 80's.

Many more stories of black people like this are going unnoticed.

Also, are you implying that all white people have above average intelligence?
There are more people below the average than above

Are you suggesting that she was the only woman capable of that? Because she wasn't. Literally millions of geniuses (99th percentile IQs) go unnoticed all the time.

Caucasian peoples native to the European continent.

Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

Look at the distance between Belgium and Russia.
All white people.
Look at the distance between Lower Egypt and Nubia.
I currently can't name a country that has a neigbour who has a population with an ethnicity completely opposite of theirs.

South America and USA.

Dark Mexicans vs. White Europeans

Russia vs china

Asiatics vs whites

>It wouldn't look like a population exchange.
but since nothing implies that the majority or even a sizeable minority of those people started copying the Egyptians in the ways of mummification of their

Subdue army, have own army settle, mate with locals, send regents.
Also, the foreign powers ruled as pharaohs, we see this at the very least with the Ptolemaics.
The Egyptians also believed that since the phsraoh was appointed by god that their defeat meant that the gods wanted a new pharaoh, so they were very compliant after being defeated.
The egyptian religion was even kept alive the whole time while being under occupation, the only time their rleigion changed was with Akhenaten and that should say a lot, seeing as how religion was like the blood in the veins of Egypt.

>invalid comparison, continental differences in disease resistance killed the Native Americans.

A part of the population, yes.
Then there's also war, biological warfare, destroying their agriculture by letting lose pigs than turned intio wild boars that went on a rampage on the land and destroyed their crops.
No, the illness you're referring to sums up to a 40% max of over 140 million people

>Not in the way you're implying though. Post 400AD would be the natural guess.

Not sure what you meant here, why would 400AD be a natural guess?.
if the researchers thought that the ancient Egyptians were Middle Easterners or Medditerranians they wouldn't have said that they need older data to determine the ethnicity of the -ancient Egyptians-.

We need samples of Egyptians between 8000 and 2000BCE, proto and pre-dynastic, early kingdom etc and not samples from a time in which Egyptian royalty has already been corrupted by foreign influence (occuation of the throne).

So no, my points stand.

In Egyptian art the Egyptians used royal red for their men and gold/yellow for their women.
These were symbolic colors.
The colors they used for their own have not been used for others

The poster said that black people aren't smart, so i posted 2, out of the many smart, black people

he is an anglo rape baby of course he is white

>in the northern most portion of Italy the Italic peoples had some similarities in terms of looks to the Gauls
>therefore GAULS WUZ ROMANS AND SHIEET

>South America and USA.
Aren't countries and we couldn't have spoken about people with people genetics prior to the arrival of the Europeans.
The Eskimos to all the way down to Macchu Piccu are nearly identical people.
you're speaking about a USA that has been colonized by white and black people for over 400 years in which the native population has been reduced to less than a percentage of the population.
Did you know that less than 1% of the entire Southern American population in 2007 could identify as full blooded Native American?
Just a fyi

>Dark Mexicans vs. White Europeans
Race mixing Natives - Spanjards - Portugese - Europeans

>Russia vs China
Mongolia Kazachstan
Who was Genghis Khan?

>Asiatics vs whites
How is this a country again?

>they wouldn't have said that they need older data to determine the ethnicity of the -ancient Egyptians-
They want to determine where they came from.

>No, the illness you're referring to sums up to a 40% max of over 140 million people
Try 90%

Anyway, it has become clear i'm talking to a idealogue who does nothing but lie in order to avoid the truth.

Face it, the Egyptians weren't black. The Egyptians themselves did not think so, nor does the genetic research.

You do know that we were referring to skincolor and not haircolor?

>Try 90%

Try citing sources

>The Egyptians themselves did not think so, nor does the genetic research

They didn't tought they were Middle Eastern Mediterranean so thanks for bringing this conversation back full circle.

>You do know that we were referring to skincolor and not haircolor?
Why? Differences in haircolor is not any indication of anything?

Also you think there is no differences in skincolor between the mediterranean peoples and central/northern Europeans?

why u hef to be so stupid

>I currently can't name a country that has a neigbour who has a population with an ethnicity completely opposite of theirs.

Nubians - Middle Eastern / Mediterranean

Opposite

Gauls - Romans

Not opposite.
However i admit that i wrote ethnicity instead of skincolor which was what i initially meant.

>Try citing sources
try google
>They didn't tought they were Middle Eastern Mediterranean so thanks for bringing this conversation back full circle.
No shit, they thought themselves as their own mediterranean people.

And now we have the genetic research to back it up.

Now we have geography, contemporary depictions/descriptions and genetic research indicating they were infact not black africans.

When will you move on and just claim another civilization? Is the problem that you've already tattooed an ankh on your body or what is it?