Society has taken a disgusting turn. High art and ingenuity have all but vanished...

Society has taken a disgusting turn. High art and ingenuity have all but vanished. Your average human spends more time thinking about their appearance than they do anything of substance. What a fucking waste of our intelligence. Women are particularly vulnerable to the intoxicants of this brave new world. What sort of fucking civilisation are we creating? Or better yet, what sort of civilisation are we destroying? I just hate every fucking thing and nearly everyone.

Have you considered that you are simply suffering from a chemical imbalance of the brain caused by inadequate exercise, social interaction, and sex?

Okay.

I don't believe in the efficacy of any of those things.

>I don't believe exercise exercise does anything

Well you're demonstrably wrong, so

Wow could be, thanks dog here i was thinking our consumerist and hedonistic way of thinking was kinda bad

try /r9k/

Just take advantage of this degrading world, user. Good luck.

Then I think you're part of the "not thinking" problem. It doesn't matter what you 'don't believe'.

Also people on average are more intelligent and more inventive today than any time in history, regards of what you think of muh ancient philosophers. You're getting the cream of the crop cultivated by thousands of years of history when you read about the enlightenment, renaissance, classical greece, etc. History always had dumbasses, philosophers were readily mocked and sometimes killed in ancient Greece, and the dumbest of the dumb were simply not literate (unlike now as evidenced by you mustering the limited brainpower to put together your shitty post). And you get moralists whining at virtually every point in history about how great it used to be but 'muh degeneracy'.

>muh sex

Fuck off degenerate

Kek. You keep on believing that libtard.

People have been writing what you say for the past 2600 years.

Will do. You keep deluding your unintelligent self because you're incapable of critical thinking and being miserable.

I'm incapable of being miserable? That's kind of cool.

U 15 or what, OP?

Badly worded sentence. You keep deluding your unintelligent self and being miserable because you're incapable of critical thinking.

Of course if you weren't a shallow-minded pedant scrambling for petty rhetorical victories you'd have figured it out on your own.

And they were right, sexual reproduction was a mistake

butthurt libfag is butthurt
>weeee I so smart and creative because I have smartphone and drink fair-trade latte!
LOL

You gotta do better than making a half-assed strawman to be buttflustered at my dull friend. Address my post instead of trying to invent a personality to brainlessly ad-hom at.

Or, you know, go slit your wrists and cry about how terrible society is, you overgrown baby.

Ok, well how about the fact that the human frontal lobe is shrinking? What do you make of that?

[citation needed]

Will you /pol9k/ incels just fuck off already and leave us to discuss history? Why are you mobbing the board?

You type like the biggest douche ever. It's a Mongolian tree-planting forum, just chill.

I'm mostly doing it to make him mad because he's obviously a butthurt teenager, and I think it worked. If he can reply to me with anything but "KEK LIBTARD" maybe I'll stop treating him like a braindead retard.

>address my point
I did by mocking your unsupported assertion that people are smarter and more capable than they were in the past.
You are not smarter than a French serf in the 13th century, just because you can look shit up on wikipedia.

Bagina ebil, yes?
Me no like bagina but want bagina so do u.
Thank you.

Way to virgin shame, asshole.

So much for the "tolerant" left.

Ok, how are we measuring intelligence?
I'll correct and say we are, on average, considerably better educated. This can be proved with literacy rates, scientific literacy, school attendance, and unprecedented human ingenuity. If you think we're superficial, you should really actually read some history and realize all the banal shit, especially around appearance, that people have cared about for as long as society. Of course even in that case we only get a limited perspective because less people cared to write about banal shit and maintain it for like two thousand fucking years to reach us.

If you miss the days when everyone was an illiterate French serf, you can probably go buy a farm and get the fuck off the internet.

>history
Way to be a misogynist cishet asshole shitlord! What about XERstory?

Also are you because I'm still waiting.

>unprecedented human ingenuity.
There you go again with the unsupported claim.
We are not "more educated" we know more about different things, I'm willing to bet that the illiterate French serf whose intellect you look down about could talk at great length and great detail about subjects you have no knowledge of despite your "superior" education.

You're a butthurt faggot, and too busy being triggered by the idea that history is not an arrow of progress, that you haven't bothered to consider that maybe the person mocking you isn't some incel "wrong generation" caricature.

>There you go again with the unsupported claim.

Do you seriously think the last two centuries haven't marked any sort of interesting trend our approach to science and technology? Fucking seriously? The machine you're using is my fucking evidence. The medical care you can expect to get if you cut yourself on the edge of the OP post is my evidence. The vehicle you would use to get to work if you had a job is my evidence.

>I'm willing to bet that the illiterate French serf whose intellect you look down about could talk at great length and great detail about subjects you have no knowledge of despite your "superior" education.

Then ship your ass off to Africa and find some illiterate farmer to have a conversation with if you hate our society so much, you big baby.

>that you haven't bothered to consider that maybe the person mocking you isn't some incel "wrong generation" caricature.

Did we read the same OP post?

>OP post
That's a tautology. Another rhetorical victory for me.

What does this have to do with history?

Oh are you playing the humanities card?

>continues to assume everyone is OP because his butt is so sore that someone could reject his whig conception of history
Sad!

It's best not to think when living, the rest of humanity is not going to adapt to us so you best just try to adapt to the rest of humanity instead, or at least pretend you're adapting. There's nothing I would love more than having just one partner in my entire life and talking with people about politics, philosophy and history, but the reality is very different.

alright then, can you give me an example of the modern day equivalent of the sixtine chappel frescos or beethoven symphony?

>inb4 someone unironically mentions capeshit flicks or some /mu/core garbage

He will probably say the space shuttle or the iPhone or some shit.

>continues to assume everyone is OP
Well to be fair to him, I guess he expected there to be only one retard per thread

That's silly, the simple fact he was posting here proves that to be a lie.

I think the world wars have plunged us into a cultural dark age. our old traditions are dead, a new civilization is being born and nobody knows what it is yet.

>i can't get laid
>somethings wrong with the world not me
Good on you OP
Good on you

You mean two works of art shilled so hard by pseuds even though they can't actually name why they're good other than referring to subjective intangibles? Yeah uh Tree of Life and Kid A

White Pony, probably.

That album was absolutely perfect.

Also, the Simpsons.

/thread

>shitting on Beethoven
I would slit through your throat in real life and proceed to sleep like a baby.

> Your average human spends more time thinking about their appearance than they do anything of substance.

It was always like this. Proles made a life for themselves like this throughout history.

I bet you unironically think the Hard Times, Strong Men, Good Times, Weak Men cycle is an oversimplification.

I'm not shitting on Beethoven, I'm shitting on pseuds who just namedrop Beethoven you fucking moron. Learn to read.

it is an oversimplification but not wholly inaccurate either. I don't get why some people can't just appreciate that they're living in the good times. instead they see themselves as a strong man surrounded by weak men, and post neoreactionary diatribes on a Bhutanese frog collecting forum because they can't get laid.
ranting about "degeneracy" in society won't change shit, least of all doing so on fucking Veeky Forums. it won't "bring back" a world where everyone was monogamous and the equivalent of Veeky Forums users got a qt wife with 0 effort because that world never existed, and if you think otherwise you're a deluded fool
tl;Dr anyone who buys into the "good old days" meme is fucking retarded