STOCK MARKET ON SUICIDE WATCH!

Who's got the popcorn?

PUT YOUR MONEY IN STAWKS AND INDEXES COIN-GOYIM

WAKE ME UP

where are you getting this from?

I left the markets a month ago and put my money in to gold and silver. Then started investing in crypto. Im ready for this economy to go bust. I cant wait. I want this society to die completely and this government to burn in hellfire.

Never thought I would be cheering on complete collapse. But this sinkin and rotten country needs to be purified.

It's the nasdaq composite

Jokes on you, I don't have fiat anymore only crypto!

It's down like barely 2 percent. That's a hourly swing in crypto.

>sub -1% move
>panic

Biz will never make it

Just dipped to fresh new lows lel

wow seems like everyone is going to kill themselfs

Ahaha wow. I just went and looked and I thought it was down 82% so i was getting so excited thinking "FUCK YEAH CRYPTO TO THE MOON" and getting ready to buy stocks at the bottom at the same time, when I realized it's actually only down like 2%.

Why did OP get me so excited....

Stock markets don't crash in an instant like crypto. 2008 crash took three months.

>crash

wow half a percent

>Dow at about 0% change for the day
>Nasdaq down 1%
>S&P down .5%
>muh stocks up 1.5%
>muh btc up 4%
works for me I guess

lmao, do you know what a flash crash is? In crypto we compete against machines, but regular stock markets you are competing against relentless and unspeakable expensive computers doing millions of trades per millisecond, literally entire facilities filled with them, which tend to create crashes that are so brutal they had to invent a kill switch to avoid whipping out the entire monetary system in less than a year because of that. And even those switches are not guaranteed to avoid futures crashes.

That's why don't get stock traders being so comfy about their market when crypto is 1000 more safe actually, just because there is an intrinsic network latency on this field.

>safe
>$40 billion dollar asset that fluctuates 20%+ at a time on a regular basis

pick one

This is why crypto is safer. Shit crashes 10-20%, we dust ourselves off and continue onward and it recovers within a week.

If the US stock market drops that much, watch as everyone around starts panicking, laying people off, canceling business contracts, stops ordering equipment, it is this hysteria that kills economies not the actual drop in assets itself.

Yeah, except that kind of move in the stock market happens once every 7 years and is actually predictable.
BTC moves like crazy every day, just about.

Yes it moves like crazy UP if you hodl.

I agree that crypto is not 100% safe and it's completely noisy, but HFT firms would never have an edge in crypto space. The only reason the stock market still exists is because there are kill switches, nothing else. Historically, HFT firms only work in markets which already have high liquidity, and when competing firms go in a loop, they just pull their orders and you can kiss goodbye your so called stability. You are competing against machines that crunch numbers at rates than don't make sense at human scale, not economists.

If it's so predictable why didn't anyone see '08 coming except a select few?

Thats what I was thinking. A good stockmarket crash is nice if you have a bunch of money you wont need for the next 10 years because thats how long its going to take to break even.

Bitcoin does that several times a week. Pretty exciting.

So, Tyrone invests in Apple and a crash happens and he loses his house, car and job and gets AIDS.

Steven, invests and ETH and a crash happens and he skips Chipolte and just gets a combo at McDonalds instead.

See this is what I never understood.

People act like the fucking risk they take in the stock market is special and should be treated like its the end of the world when it crashes, and they feel like they should have special excuses to be able to cancel stuff and have governments regulate them and make movies about it and all that when it crashes.

They're a bunch of weak-minded idiots who think they're tough.

Literally fucking retarded babies.

>bubble

>-1%
>happening

I think that you're right in that HFT firms focused on stocks would find it difficult to apply their programs to Crypto. But what about HFT fx bots that skim the EUR/USD all day? The only significant difference is liquidity, i think.
>select few
Yeah, 95% of the American population didn't see it coming because 95% of the American population are among the lowest tiers of financial literacy. To see it coming you really need to have a passion for the awareness, it's not going to be all over the news until after it's happened.
More like, Steven invests in ETH then BTC-e and mtgox get shut down and Steven suicides.
If tyrone was smart he wouldn't leverage his house on the stock market, or any market. If tyrone was smart he would have been aware of the housing bubble created by lending practices, adjusting his own risk management appropriately.

But yeah, maybe when crypto is actually something people rely on, when it's taken seriously, it'll have similar effects when it crashes. It's not there yet though.

Yeah, I dont think your average IQ human understands what a stock is. They must think its a school for currency where your currency goes grow up and learn how to be a big boy. And a crash is like a terrorist attack at your school and your currency is dead, to you bury it and cry and weep and either kill your self of you have more currencies and start the process over.

If they understood that you own a thing, even if that thing is not something you can hold, perhaps they would not loose their shit everytime the red line falls. But remember, the average IQ is 100, there are a lot of people with 90-110 IQs out there.

I agree user

Oh fuck, this is the big crash

Here we go boys, its today

Where things went wrong was when normies were brought into the market with the whole 401k thing, the only thing it did was give corporations the excuse to eliminate pensions and use all the workers of America's salaries as their own personal play money in the market. I still think the stock market should only be a world for professionals and the investing class, not your average middle-class guy. You don't see grandpa joe investing 3% of his paycheck into Forex and for good reason.

Good, good, spread the FUD.

>a crash is like a terrorist attack at your school and your currency is dead
This genuinely seems to be how normies think.

kek

I disagree with you in part. I think 401k is a good idea at heart but as you say, its forced on to ignorant people. Investing should be a personal thing that you do or you personally hire someone to do for you.

I hope all the jews die off and new york city is left devastated so they go back to israel.

Relative to it's average trading range it's a huge move. Also note how quickly it dropped.

vertical lines are day separators.

retard here. should I put a stop loss on my index funds?

The September Shimitah meme this year when?

You and 10,000 other ill-equip people are asking themselves that too. The market will go down just enough to scoop up your shares and then recover.

Bolinger bands look about ready to turn and take the rollercoaster downward.

holy fuck the stock market is boring. the only reason this

wouldn't have to worry about that if you voted for Bernie everything would be provided by the gov wouldn't need a stock market

stop losses are for legit retards algos will find them

No

Stop loss are for pussies

OH SHIT MY WHOLE STOCK PORTFOLIO IS DOWN .05% SELL EVERYTHING

Amazon earnings $0.40 vs $1.49 estimate. Surpassed Bill Gates as the richest man in the world for only a couple of hours lol.

Did you diped it?

Looooool buy high sell low