Isekai'd

You get hit by a truck so hard, you get sent to 1750s London, Great Britain.

How well do you fare?

Not very well I imagine, I've just been hit by a truck.

Well you may have died, but a copy of you has been stored by God and send it back to the past.

Why would he do such a thing?

I'm already a native English speaker, albeit and American, so I expect I would do pretty well

Not well. Either die quickly of some kind of pox or fever or kill everyone around me from some other disease

If i'm not mugged or killed, i probably become a beggar and freeze in the streets until i'm thrown in some asylum for homeless and lunatics where i die in miserable conditions.

God is such a raging asshole huh?

Thats all well and good but god doesnt exist kiddo.

I'm only a teenage trap so m-maybe I'd have to do lewd things... Perhaps be a servant to a wealthy family and hope my master doesn't make me do l-lewd things.

>inb4 Underageb&
no I'm overage

*kills you*

but would that copy be me?

I'd try to gather people in the streets and make a communist sort of regime, overthrowing the royal family. I would then invade empires and force them to install Communist governments. Global Communism by 1800 ez.

People would freak the fuck out.
I'm Mexican, so they would immediately be curious about my dark skin.

Are you the same person you were when you were a child? In physical/biological terms, there's hardly any similarities between the two. Not the atoms nor the cells are the same between the two.

The similarity arises from continuity.

"Oi look, a Dago!"

>its an undergrad being wise episode

Your braincells don't replace themselves periodically. They don't slough like skin. Once they're pruned, they're gone. I suppose your mother just didn't have the heart to tell you that when you finished gnawing all those lead paint chips, did she?

Before we are even born, we lose about half of our brain cells. We gain neurons daily at the rate of about ~few thousands and we lose neurons at daily rate of about 200K.

Then there's artificial factors like alcohol, certain chemicals/medications, certain diseases that speed up the death process.

The idea of static brain is outdated, its been outdated for few decades.

as a black american I would have no idea what would happen to me.

If i could prove that I was a free man then maybe I'd get a job at the docks or maybe a scribe since a lot of people still couldn't read back then, as long as I don't have to fight a war or be a slave i'll make it.

Ten years ago we would have to agree with you, but the information you read in science magazines tends not to age well.

Neurogenesis and neuroplasticity is still relatively "new" in the mainstream public school. I doubt many highschoolers even teach that.

How would an Australian-born English-educated Chinaman with modern medical training fare? Would their heads explode from the contradictions?

I took AP psych in 2007, so I can verify for a fact it was taught in high schools ten years ago. Plasticity has been around for decades, they've got plenty of case studies of children who had full lobectomies who went on to live relatively healthy lives.

That the neurogenesis was largely ignored is due to the fact that if you look at the net rate of neuron decay, of course a small rate of genesis is going to be drowned out, since the net is negative. It's the obvious conclusion from any preliminary study and there is literally nothing more to it than that.

Take a ship to Boston ASAP and either join a lawyer firm or something similar so I can make some money, immediately try to join the Patriots when they start appearing 10 years later so I have enough time to build up respect, after Jefferson, Adams, Franklin and Madison join in too I'll help them out by saying or doing shit they would've eventually done and try to stop a few mistakes here and there.

After the war is won and I make sure I'm on Trumbull's painting I guess I'll retire and enjoy my remaining years in my farm, also reject any attempts of trying to make me President since I don't wanna fuck too much with history and take all the heat for that quasi-war with France.

I get myself to a government agency as soon as possible so that I don't die.

I use my knowledge to get a comfy life, even if it means being held captive for my information.

I'm French, and we're at war with Great-Britain.

So try to dull the pain while I'm beaten up by angry mob by thinking of my waifu?