If you got rich with crypto, would you tell people, or keep it to yourself?

If you got rich with crypto, would you tell people, or keep it to yourself?

keep to self probably

What would your cover story be? I think I'd just tell people I don't have a job because I make money day trading, I just wouldn't say how much money. I have modest tastes and wouldn't buy a lot of expensive shit that I would have to explain. I just want freedom.

I'm not rich yet, but have some good results in crypto.
Told my sister about my gains, I expected a slightly different reaction, but she was cool about it.
Still, wouldn't recommend telling anyone, including your family

I'd buy gifts for a few friends secretly and lay low. If I had no friends like you guys id just get hookers like you all do.

I don't think it's necessary to tell anyone unless you plan on doing things that make it blatantly obvious (lambos, mansions, yachts). It would just add unnecessary complication. It's not that I want to hoard all the money to myself and do nothing with it, I just don't need people coming out of the woodwork looking for money. If I see that someone really needs it, like for medical costs or some unforeseen hardship, I'd find an explainable way to help them out.

most of the time I shitpost and meme, but this is real talk

DO NOT TELL ANYONE, ESPECIALLY YOUR FRIENDS OR DEADBEAT RELATIVES

maybe your mom or dad ONLY if they are responsible

I honestly wouldn't even tell my dad. I can probably trust him to keep it to himself, but he'd come to me constantly to invest in his ridiculous unworkable business schemes. Sad that it has to be that way, but it's true.

case by case basis, if my dad was like you describe would not tell him. My old man is super good with money and very risk averse so i'd be OK with it but most parent are not like this

My closest firends and family know. I already have my own company related to crypto so its easier. I am living life and dont have gold teeth or some other gypsy stuff but I will not live as poor just to keep it secret. Fuck others. Remember- every time when you made a success there you will have a lot of enemies and butthurt around

As someone from a poor family, whose wife is from an even poorer family. No way I would tell a fucking soul.

Would you tell your wife?

i'd first reinvest all of that money into several properties.

Then make a passive income from renters

Then tell everyone i have no disposable savings on hand and several mortgages so they can fuck off despite having a massive total equity (which is a total lie)

Not him but I don't intend on it with divorce rates being what they are.

I agree completely.

i feel like if you can't trust your wife with your financial situation completely, then you shouldn't even be getting married

I'd try my best to keep it in but would probably get drunk and spill the BEANS.

>You made 1000x your money by trading bits and bytes?
>Hahaha! What a story, Mark!

This. Courts don't even care about prenups most of the time

Think of all the successful marriages you are aware of...now think of all the ones that have failed that you are aware of. Is that a number you are willing to gamble with. Also I know what type of person I am and the difficulties I bring to a relationship. It doesn't always have to be about trusting someone else user. Sometimes its about knowing that others don't want to put up with your bullshit.

I'll keep it for myself, but I'll buy a few things that will show to who I want that I have some money (especially because I want to impress the parents of the girl I like, that otherwise would never be allow me to be with her).

Haha user I remember , you started a thread about it a few days ago. Looks like you won't give up on this, good luck

Yeah, I keep feeling feelings, bro.

I'll just buy a modest home and keep my beater mini-van and have the drive train replaced like new. I'll just tell the senpai that I'm still working where I'm working and say no more. They've proven again and again that they ought not receive any benefit from my success.

I will travel a lot though, but who cares.

Yo
His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti

>wanting to own rental properties
>wanting the shitty job being a landlord is
>not investing in funds

>wouldn't recommend telling anyone, including your family

Yeah I had to learn this for myself because I didn't believe Veeky Forums. They started stressing me out and "strongly encouraging" me to do wagecuck "safe investments" with the gains. It was obvious they still thought it was luck and I was invested in complete garbage. In the end I didnt sell any of it but I lied and said I did. Wont make that mistake again.

My fantasy is to make enough money to cash out and get all my nuclear family members trust funds

>Is that a number you are willing to gamble with.

intelligent people would be able to analyze the relationship and understand that their chance of a successful marriage is not the same as the national average.

if ans went to $1000, i would have 500,000. Thats not even rich

You would at least have a stable income with the neogas bs.

It really depends on what your family/friends make.

So some guy making 1 million a year hanging out with people making 100k-300k wouldnt notice much.

Some guy making 80k with all friends making 20k-30k would garner much more trouble.

I wouldn't post about it on social media or something, but there's a reason I keep a small circle of friends and family. I can trust those few people with pretty much anything in my life, and that's a good thing to have.

Recently became a millionaire with crypto.
I've told a bunch of people such as my family and Veeky Forums but that's about it.
I've been told that telling people you have money changes how they see you and it's better if people see me normally.

I would vanish. Just leave a note saying im fine and would be in touch in a year.

Tell people, keep the coins to myself