Why were there so few religions into veganism?

Why were there so few religions into veganism?

I mean abstain from meat like Mahayana Buddhism.

Veganism is encouraged in Buddhism but it wasn't realistic in places like Tibet, in Ethiopia "fast" days were the majority of the year and thus it is largely vegan and is the food of priests.

Still the average peasant needs a higher caloric intake than priests and thus milk, meat and fish (yes I know it's a meat but it's defined differently in Judeo Christian tradition)were accepted as a reality.

I'm plant based mostly because kosher meat is expensive and I'm not fond of dairy (save for ghee) though I'll eat whole fish on occasion and use fish sauce. Some rabbis extol veganism however and that was the reality of Jewish peasants for milenia.

Because meat tastes good, nigga.

I would have figured becuase non-animal based proteins are difficult to obtain on a traditional diet where the species of vegetables maybe limited.

A decent amount of religions are into veganism. Even more advise one abstains from meat in certain instances.

Only the most privileged and upper class people could ever think of Veganism as a realistic option and even so it is impossible for any kind of consumption to be ethical in the scheme of things

if you want to live a life in which nothing you do harms a living creature in some way, kill yourself

Buddhism isn't about veganism or vegetarianism. Its core promotes non-violence to animals in any direct form. However given that Buddha ate meat when he was a beggar, as long as the meat wasn't specifically made for the Buddhist, they can still eat it.

Jainism is a vegan religion. It actively promote non-violence towards animals and plantlife. They avoid certain vegetables too, I think root vegetables(potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic etc).

I think Jain rational was number of sensor = higher the sentience.

Hindus have also, since Buddhism/Jain got popular, adopted vegetarian diet too on some level. Not veganism.

Other than those three religions, there's not really any religion thats focused on vegetarianism or veganism. Mainly because the rational requires welfare towards animals and people. Most religion cant even cover welfare towards all people, only certain tribes, let alone animals.

I would say these three religion are bit advanced as they are the first of its kind in human history to include animal welfare.

hinduisn abstains however being confined to India where food grows continuously makes opting out a lot different consideration compared to religions originate elsewhere, this was not good policy for them.

VEGANISM ENTAILS FAR MORE THAN ABSTAINING FROM CONSUMING MEAT; VEGANISM ENTAILS ABSTAINING FROM CONSUMPTION OF ANIMAL PRODUCTS IN ALL FORMS, AND IN PROACTIVELY WORK TOWARD THE SPREAD, AND FURTHER ACCEPTANCE, OF VEGANISM.

VEGANISM IS SO UNPOPULAR BECAUSE A VEGAN LIFESTYLE IS ONLY PRESENT IN NOBLE INDIVIDUALS, AND MOST INDIVIDUALS IN THE WORLD ARE IGNOBLE.

>... AND IN PROACTIVELY [WORKING] TOWARD THE SPREAD, AND FURTHER ACCEPTANCE, OF VEGANISM.

Religions can require some inconvenient practices as shows of faith like sacrificing a goat or fasting, but there's a difference between that and eliminating an entire food source (and not to mention a source of medicines, tools, ect.). It would add an unnecessary obstacles to the survival of a civilization.

Humanity have been free from the need of animal products for few centuries to thousands of years. The invention of rice farming made this a reality.

In fact if modern humans cut down on animal products, they can very well survive easily.

The reason for not is due to cultural practices.

Why are Indo-European religions so obsessed with banning food?

>What is Kosher
>What is Halal
Christianity gets it right desu.

God commands them to.

Sayyidina Umar says, ‘Beware of meat, because it has an addiction like the addiction of wine.’

Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall. (1 Corinthians 8:13)

wrong making human herbivore requires agriculture to the degree that is worse for the planet than being predators. Also gardens need phosphorus, potassium , and nitrogen, which are derived for prey . plants are toothless but bloodthirsty.

Nice book there, it would be a real shame if it were to contain "alternative facts". Oh wait-

>we don't need to eat vegetables because our bodies don't have bacteria needed to break down vegetables
>we are carnivores, not omnivores
>therefore we should eat meat and not vegetables

Next time, buddy, find a proper credible book.

still a better meme than what you are astroturfing.

>People calling vegetarians vegans now.
Every year we turn more stupid or it's only than more people has internet?

Later.

People were always stupid, people will always be stupid. This is the eternal law.

>The invention of rice farming made this a reality.
Since rice gives you carbs, some fiber, and...umm?
>The invention of rice farming made this a reality.
>In fact if modern humans cut down on animal products, they can very well survive easily.
Ah yes, that's why you need to find special vegetables or dietary suplements, or eat a ton of stuff like beans or spinach to not suffer nasty forms of malnutrition, and "don't make your baby vegan" is a medical advice.

Never stop posting.

tC:dr

>fruits
>green vegetables
>red/orange vegetables
>beans
>grains/rice
>nuts/seeds/soys
>oils
>sugar/salt

Daily cereals if need be for other vitamin supplements.

Also there's genetically modified vegetables that could have the needed vitamins.

>Humanity have been free from the need of animal products for few centuries to thousands of years. The invention of rice farming made this a reality.

I am going to call out this poster on assuming the issue is rooted productivity rather then in transportation.

Well, as a guy that actually is 3/4th peasant and still grows vegetables and stuff, how am i supposed to get half of that, barring anything involving dry seeds(cereals, beans, nuts) for 6 months out of a year?
The best i can do is apples, will last me until february.
And don't give me the "you've never tried it".
I'm from eastern europe.
Fasting from animal protein for significant portions of time is something our religion says to do.

>Also there's genetically modified vegetables that could have the needed vitamins.
Well, that kinda defeats the "been free from the need of animal products for hundreds and thousands of years", does it?

You buy from local groceries?

Are you living in a remote place where things like grocery shops are unheard of? Do you live in a place where there's hardly any contact with outside world?

Can you come off as any preachier? Some guy who actually IS a small farmer tells you why it's not practical and you bitch at him.

Are you retarded? Humans trade with each other. If you switch from animal farming to vegetable farming, you're still going to trade that vegetable at the local market and use the money to buy other stuff you need.