Bitcoin WON

Here we are, it's July 27th and despite all FUD and misinformation regarding August 1st Bitcoin is up 3% at around $2500. This makes me very optimistic. I was expecting the price to drop to $1600 before Aug 1st, which never happened. This coin is the only cryptocurrency that has stood the test of time.

give it time the weekend dip is coming

put money on it pussy, I expect it to hit 3k+ before Aug 9th

>muh weekend dip

Will it be similar to the dip we had last wee-
Oh that's right

Didn't happen last weekend. the "weekend dip" came on Monday.

I'm hoping for a big dip but then for nothing to happen so I can buy another $100 worth and see it double in an hour.

It fucking better! I was waiting for prime buy in time, but it wasn't quite low enough for me yet, THEN IT STARTED GOING FUCKING UP!

yada yada don't time market etc

>Don't time the market

So just buy and sell at arbitrary points for no reason whether its at a loss or gain?

just how it was relatively stable at $2750 for a few days and dropped and now its been relatively stable at $2500 for a few days so it should moon right?

Remember how it was relatively stable at $2200 two weeks ago until it mooned to $2800 in 6 hours?

Buy at anytime and hold. That's it

I do buy and hold, but I'd rather buy and hold when something's on sale then when something's at or near a current all time high, even if that means waiting a bit longer. I don't understand why you wouldn't want more for your money.

Ignore short term fluctuations. The only chart that matters is this monthly chart.

Notice how June was better than May and July was better than June? And you thought there had been a 'crash'...

"Timing the market is easy, just buy low and sell high. So simple I don't understand why everyone isn't doing this."

"Timing the market is impossible and can't be done. So hard I don't understand why anyone would try doing this."

"Timing the market is so easy that i fucked up trying to do it"

a small dip would be nice so I can buy more BTC before Aug 1st.

I'll put all of my crypto into the first shitcoin somebody replies with. must be on bittrex

dgb

interesting chart, looks much more bullish than what's on coinmarketcap..
$5 in 2012 -> $800 in 2013 = 160x gain
$230 in 2015 -> $2500 in 2017 = 10.8x gain
would need $36,800 BTC for a similar move... did i miss something?

This chart is using a log scale, which is the correct way to look at long-term trends

You're right. From 2012 to 2014 a bubble formed then it popped after Mt. Gox.

Since then it's been rising steadily (and slowly, in comparison). There's a misconception that we are at the top of a new bubble right now, but in fact this might just be the beginning.

I think the person has it to be very brave to buy bitcoin at this point.
I'm just waiting for the whales' time to clear everything they have before August 1.

I'm always surprised when people freak out about crashes and don't zoom out on the chart a little to see it's really a drop in the ocean.

lol we're not in August yet.

If Bitcoin drops to $1600 and stabilizes there for two months or more, that would signal a downturn. But if it drops to $1850 and two weeks later it's back at $2800, that's not a crash, it's just a drop in the ocean.

>I don't understand why you wouldn't want more for your money.

well, if you don't buy AND transfer to a wallet before aug1, you are not getting bitcoin cash and bitcoin classic in addition to your bitcoins for your money.