Solipsism

You cannot prove me wrong.

Checkmate, atheists.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.cl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.colorado.edu/studentgroups/shortfiction/RidiculousMan.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjr_ZOBiJ3UAhVGQpAKHZzADDoQFghaMAk&usg=AFQjCNFxIfusOyGBwfDShM8AysGD93k_rQ&sig2=ouQljthnAG2cq4FtRAucDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shut up, my mind just made you up, user.

Doesn't matter. Even if I'm a figment of your imagination what makes you think I would give a shit about you?

Read this google.cl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.colorado.edu/studentgroups/shortfiction/RidiculousMan.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjr_ZOBiJ3UAhVGQpAKHZzADDoQFghaMAk&usg=AFQjCNFxIfusOyGBwfDShM8AysGD93k_rQ&sig2=ouQljthnAG2cq4FtRAucDA

yeah but via the "you cannot prove me wrong" argument I can claim that subterranean unicorns are plotting to overthrow humanity and be equally valid.

solipsism is a poor-man's phenomenological understanding. read hume and kant for the basics of determining what existence is, and move on to husserl and heidegger if you want to play around with what you can identify via your first person perspective.

or just keep on shitposting, stuffing dead shit in your mouth, and dropping turds in a ceramic receptacle you putrid troglodytian maggot of a being.

is this bait? surely you can't legitimately this fucking retarded..

are you going to explain the flaws of my post or just throw around insults like an anthropoid flinging shit at something it doesn't understand?

the problem of solipsism is that, if I am the only mind in this cosmos, how come I cannot alter the cosmos through my will? you may say there are rules, but aren't these rules created by my sole mind anyway?

it is a flawed philosophy

Discuss his points instead of sperging out please.

it does not necessarily follow from solipsism that your "will" controls the universe by any means. for a random example to help understand the concept, perhaps you are some kind of being that "procedurally generates" existences for yourself for one reason or another, limitations vs hypothetical possibilities from that perspective included. it can also be argued that your will does in fact control the universe from your first-person perspective, but that your apparatus in doing so is limited in comparison to what you can hypothetically imagine. i.e., you could become a being that lives for millions of years and rules the planet if you make the right decisions at the right times.

the actual truth is solipsism is no more or less flawed than any jab at an explanation of existence that has neither affirming nor negating evidence related to it.

>the NPCs are getting moody and attention starved again

But you can anonkun, you just haven't been able to let go.

same damn shit

prove me wrong

his points don't exist, there is nothing to discuss.

I sure love when this thread comes up on my board every week; real interesting monologues

so you don't understand the basics of falsifiability and for this reason you pretend no point has been made?

You appear to have replied to me but I can not fully acknowledge if you did so actually since you probably don't exist either.

perhaps you are simply an artifact of my consciousness. only a narrow-minded fool finds it hypocritical to discuss solipsism. they demonstrate they do not understand the hypothesis in presuming that the perception of what resembles but is not necessarily another being with a perspective unique from their own contradicts the concept of existing as the only being.

see once again, I find myself surrounded by insects. if you are existence itself, perhaps what I appear to you as is a branch of this autocentric existence of yours.

I don't perceive you appearing at all.

try to understand even the basics of phenomenological reasoning. to absolutely baby spoonfeed you regardless of whether or not you are trolling, you did just respond to something, that thing being an invention of your mind or not is irrelevant from your perspective as it is affirmable from your perspective.

I need to find a better outlet, Veeky Forums has crumbled. it was alright once but just children now with no desire for learning or discussion.

I doubt.

but if we keep like this, we could even move forward and say that we cannot disprove that as much as I'm a single mind, perhaps me and you and everyone else are also parts of a single mind, but still, we are not the same person. In a relationship very well similar to the trinity.

you are probably a mechanism of myself trying to convince me to walk the right path, and finally awake myself and the single mind-god and free the universe from its existence. (that explains a lot: the universe is full of suffering because my head is full of shit)

Of all the people my mind created. You guys are possibly my magnum opus, Veeky Forums. I love talking to (you) guys, which is basically talking myself.

no, because that would mean you aren't an agent of me, which wouldn't fuck with the argument as much of solipsism, because the other guy is never the cognisant being, that is me. You have to prove your consciousness to ME, not me to you etc.
You see where this is going

as much as*

But how can I prove you anything when I am You? I am your creation and all I know is that you unconsciously know, because there is nothing that I know that you can't know, since I'm merely a mind projection of your sole mind.
But of course, I'm the sole mind, and you are the shadow projected by my mind.

Your last sentence is exactly what I'm aiming at, the burden of proof always lies on you, the agent, in the end no one will provide proof.
That's why solipsism is 'special'

There is no god. Prove me wrong.

so if I kill myself the universe ends?
who made me?

That is not for you to consider but for me

>arguing with yourself
pathetic

Solipsism is a dead-end, so its pointless to talk about.

Where can a discussion go once one party has decided that the only thing anyone can say with any truth is that they themselves exist? The discussion's basically over.

>Even if I'm a figment of your imagination what makes you think I would give a shit about you?

damn, schitzos make sense now

Discuss what happens after death?

wrong chart

this is objectively correct.