Whats wrong with telling your family that youre rich?

its ok right as long as your family isnt shitty?

Rich people don't think about rich problems

>Uncle Herb's retarded business he quit his job to pursue isn't doing so great, son. He wants to talk to you.

Because money fucks things up, keep your mouth shut.

if they aint rich and you make them rich, it might fk with their head

Theyll ask you to borrow money thrn not pay you back. When asked theyll say "not like you need the money"

Source: myself

This. They're not shitty now because they don't know you have money.
Wait until they find out you have money and the sense of entitlement that comes with it. Non-shitty family very quickly becomes shitty.

Never fully disclose your power-level user

fuck family

I don't tell my family exactly how much I have right now, so why would I tell them how much I have if I get rich? Nobody needs to know what's in your bank account. Just say whether you're doing well or not. That's enough for family. You don't need to go into numbers. If they need numbers, they're after something.

For the same reason you don't tell your family you're a superhero or an NSA computer type or some other shit: they'll expect that you'll be able to bail them out.

Essentially, this:

I know for a fact that if I tell my family about money they will start passive aggressively demanding it.

I daydream about making it big and rubbing it in their faces before cutting all contact.

Only if they're poor. A typical middle-class family probably won't give a shit. My parents know I have money now. they're no different. They just ask me financial questions.

After reading this thread, I also realized most people don't give a shit about their family.

>tfw semi famous and my net worth is exagerated online

parents dont believe me but believe the internet

The opposite; we do, but the problem is that the realization that a family member has a shit ton of money suddenly makes the relationship transactional rather than value based. Or worse, attempting to be transactional under the masquerade of values.

i care about my family they are just too dumb not too fuck things up so....

I made a relatively big amount of money ($1.5 mil) on crypto and my family has full disclosure but no one gives a shit. It hasn't even brought up by anyone either unless I excplicitely started talking about crypto.

Same but a lot less money. My family is poor and want none of it. They are good people.

What line of business are you in? Movies, music, executive shit? Just curious.

I'll only trust my parents and my wife

Everyone else can fuck off honestly

White people and the typical "me me me" culture...

As for myself i don't mind sharing my wealth with my parents as they brought me into this world and gave me everything i had.

>this

I was making disgusting money last year and my whole family used me like an ATM. Wrote off the debts but i'm still resentful.

Nothing wrong with telling your parents/siblings. Even if cousins/extended family find out, you should have no problem refusing them any money

so much this.

sux tho cuz i want to buy a big fucking fancy house too

if they are poor you should be helping them out anyway (at least ur parents)

So if you're parents were poor you wouldn't be helping them?

What a shit-tier son you are.

LARP
LARP
LARP
LARP ALERT!

>come from wealthy family
>hey guys I'm making lots of money in crypto
>get looked down on for not doing anything with my degree
i wish my family was poor

OP, what do you actually have to GAIN from telling them? nothing, unless you plan on "investing" their money for them

My family is middle class but each of my siblings are on par or beyond my parents in wealth now. My parents are happy we're all doing well. But there also older and really don't want presents or gift they just like when we talk to them and feel like they helped get us where we are, which they did to some degree.

Same but I've given my parents free BTC years back to get them interested. Now, they're just as hyped about Bitcoin as I am.