Fuck Speculation; Going With Jesus

The rise of Bitcoin makes no sense right now-- none of this does, and none of it follows the conventions of basic economics. When there's a stock split, when a currency splits it SHOULD NOT go up in value, but this one is.

I am currently sitting on the sideline with my USDT in hand, and will instead wait patiently to see Chinese miners and their greed destroy each other, and a currency that's tied as a "gold standard" to all other cryptocurrencies, obliterating the market after August-- Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe Jesus is wrong-- or is he?

Will BCC be like silver? will it be dumped? One exchange is selling futures in this dog shit at ~$400, where this value comes from, I do not know.

Enjoy your greed, and all the investors the Chinese will not hesitate to fuck over.

I'm going with Jesus-- maybe literally if Bitcoin skyrockets $3000+ before August 1st.

Who's with me? Pic related.

I'm still waiting for the crash, be it before or after aug 1. Buying now just seems stupid.

but buffet says, when people are fearful, you should be greedy.

Listen

When people hear split, they think 50/50. This is not the Case with BTC / BCC. It's more like BTC keeping 99% of it's power and losing 1% to BCC. BCC will not get enough support to stay afloat and fall to nothing quickly.

Unless you want to gamble and think BCC will end up beating BTC in the end, then stock up, but it's not going to.

You don't know how much hash power BCC will get on August 1st

Almost none.

BCC may get hash power, but that doesn't mean the miners are going to sell off all their BTC.

They will get as much as jihan can afford to buy.

go ahead and insta-sell your BCC, clueless idiot.

I am with you bro. Just waiting for the dip. Buy orders set at $1800.

I will not buy this shit for less than this.

If it does not go down by the knocking down it will now be overturned by the devaluation caused by the division (which is actually a multiplication X2 of Bitcoin).

Holding BTC gets you "free" BCC - every alt should dip as they get sold off for BTC, BTC should rise as there's increased demand. Both of those trends should reverse after the BCC gets handed out - BTC will drop and alts will rise - except for BCC which will be getting dumped. Makes sense to me.

I think it'd be dumb to sell all of it, but i would def put the majority on BTC. What makes you think any differently?

Isnt it something like if you have 1BTC after the fork you have 0.5BTC and 0.5BCC?
Or since BTC seems like it'll have more support probably .9BTC and .1BCC

Im having trouble understanding what happens to your bitcoin after the fork. I havent bought any yet because of this, even though i think the biggest dip may come just before august 1st, over this weekend.

sounds like you know a lot about dumping, pajeet. too bad BTC isn't a street though.

he also implied using wisdom with this tactic

Also the very existence of BCC benefits BTC- it ensures the 2 MB hard fork will in fact go through for BTC because it'll be an alternative should some miners defect.

Quite paradoxically then, the existence of a split actually strengthens prospects for the majority chain BTC

No, it is 1=1

1 BTC will get you 1 BCC
232 BTC will get you 232 BCC

No. If you have 1 BTC it becomes 1 BTC and 1 BCC. Basically chains are incompatible, so if you say you sent your 1 bitcoin to Bob on one chain, the other chain doesn't recognize this and thinks you still possess your coin. Hence you have one on each chain effectively.

So immediately after the fork they'll be worth the same. so if you have 1BTC you end up with 0.5BTC and 0.5 BCC......But then the value of each coin changes based on what the market, and miners think.

Is that right?

does holding alts get you bcc?

worth looking in to

Oh alright, nevermind hereSo you'll have one of each. But then the value of each will be fucked up right?
Or do you guys think the BTC price will be the same right after the split?

Does the value of your BTC drop every time someone creates a shitcoin? Of course not. Is BCC a shitcoin? Inevitably. Does everyone want shitcoins when they're getting handed out for free? Everyone on Veeky Forums seems to.

Epic meme, Veeky Forums bro. For the win!

Fuck off pajeet

I would put my money on BTC. Most people will dump BCC right away for Bitcoin. BCC is a shitcoin and will fail. What will happen to the btc price is unsure, I could honestly see it going up, especially if BCC ends up being a joke

You think exactly like Central Banks

Its so hard to tell what will happen to the value of BTC. Im sure theres a fuckton of normies that could get scared, sell and make it really dip. But it hasnt happened so far, so we'll see.

The other thing i was thinking of if this is the case is if BTC dips this weekend is buying as much as i can, then unloading all the free BCC as fast as possible right after august 1st....And hoping BTC stabilizes quickly

It seems that some here think that they will buy to spend $ 1 in a Bitcoin and with the split they will have $ 1 in Bitcoin and $ 1 in Bitcoin Cash.

It means that magically money multiplies.

So why not make a fork every day?

Someone who bought a Bitcoin in 30 days will have 30 bitcoins.

Just look great! How come nobody ever thought of that?
Ah, of course! Already thought. Zimbabwe and the Weimar Republic also thought about it and got it right!