What is the most rational outcome of death?

Did someone ever come back to tell us?

The state of you before you existed

I'm going to be reincarnated as a wealthy chad to live a life of leisure and there's nothing you fags can say to convince I won't. I deserve it. I've suffered enough during this life cycle my next one will surely be better...

Lack of consciousness. Like you were knocked out with anasthesia before surgery and just never woke up. No dreams, no emptiness, just nothing.

My point is that disappearing of our mind is impossible from "our own point of view". Its like when you are in coma, you dont remember anything, you just wake up.

If we remove a certain part of your brain, you lose the ability to speak. If we remove another one, you can't recognize certain objects. Yet another one, and you no longer have tactile sensations.
So why should we expect that once you remove every single part, somehow, a spirit like substance manages to still work despite the body being dead?

Your brain's just a computer. You shut it down the programming is still there, or its all deleted.

Yo go to Hell and the Devil pokes you with a pitchfork forever.

Obviously.

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." – Epicurus

someone should kill themselves and report back to this thread and tell us what happened

Jokes on you I'm already dead inside

thanks captain obvious

can someone replace the caption in this image with this

If its obvious existed, people wouldn't have asked this question forever.

The Patriots did in the super bowl this year, an I right, fellas?
*reaches into the cooler and pulls out an ice-cold Bud Light*

Cessation of awareness

Ghost people. Probably getting crowded though with all the dead people, most likely a few ghosts sitting on you right now.

So many simpletons that are unable to grasp the legitimacy of Epicurean logic regarding death. One of the few instances in which a school of thought wholly understood death's role in regards to human existence. They made it as simple as it had to be, without confabulating nonsensical creation stories or illusions of an after life. They accepted finitude.

People don't appreciate sound logical statements/arguments as much as they should, especially within the realm that is Western philosophy.

"To fear death, gentlemen, is no other than to think oneself wise when one is not, to think one knows what one does not know. No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils."

this is a cultural thing, a product of the influence of the era we are living

what if you replace parts of your brain with copies made of different matter?
now what if instead of replacing the existing parts of yoru brain you assemble them creating a perfect copy of your brain?
who is you?
this is basically my version of the teleporter paradox, united with the theseus ship paradox

someone should just try it in practice t b h this way we'll finally know
where is mengele when you need him ?

This. We don't remember, we can't even conceive of anything before we were born, we will go back to that.

it makes life fucking pointless though i'd rather you lie to me

Nobody knows the answer to this question, we can only speculate.

>>Bud Light
Disgusting, get some taste you fucking plebeian.

You seriously think you'd be more satisfied with a finite answer?

yes
please tell me that you have scientifically found out how if you are good you go to heaven and if you are bad you go to hell
then you go live in the clouds with jesus and the people you love, forever
it'd be much better

That sounds so lame. I'd rather believe in reincarnation than anything like that. If it helps, reincarnation is scientifically true. At least, your atoms will find some usage after you die, possibly by taking part in other living organisms.

Kingdom of God

reincarnation is cool too
a bit shit if you don't remember it but if you can get a concept that your soul is eternal it sounds good

What difference does it make if there's a soul or not if you can't remember anything?

Oblivion

The neurons stop firing and your flesh rots in the ground, or is burned and spread to the wind.

In my opinion, it's a form of reincarnation: your body is recycled into the earth, is eaten by microbes, that are eaten by bigger microbes, some is eaten by worms or maybe burrowing animals, these worms and animals in turn gets eaten by larger animals, that shit all over the place and fertilize the crops that sustain humanity.

well at least i can tell myself i'm not doing all this for no reason

You just have the wrong perspective. I mean whether or not you're doing it for a reason is up to you. Just because there's an afterlife doesn't necessarily assign a meaning to the here and now. You do that.

When you zoom out far enough, everything becomes meaningless. Even the incredibly meaningful lives of people we discuss here all the time: Caesar, Alexander, Huangdi, etc.