Why did scholars try to erase her from the Bible?

Why did scholars try to erase her from the Bible?

lilith isn't in the bible

Why hasn't the gospel of Thomas, verified as at least as accurate as the canonical gospels, found its way into the canon yet?

Because it's "problematic".

it's heretical

Sounds like sjw/reactionary reasoning to me.

They didn't. She was never in the Bible.

This. Lilith is later (or possibly merged earlier) folklore that was introduced to explain a discrepancy. She's not actually in the Bible.

>verified as at least as accurate as the canonical gospels
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?

has anyone ever even so far as decided to verified at least as accurate as the canonical gospels to do more like?

But Jews acknowledge, right?
Wasn't Jesus a Jew?

they dont think it be like it is but it do

The Talmud came long after Jesus' death.

>The Bible
A collection of text. If she was never in a text chosen to be in the Bible should couldn't have been erased.

>What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
Are you illiterate? I'll reword it slightly, let's see if you understand now
>The gospel of Thomas had been verified to have a quality of accuracy equivalent to or greater than the canonical gospels. Why hasn't it found its way into the canon?

>Are you illiterate?
It's kinda personal but yes.

Lilith is basically just a reference to the older Ishtar cults that were present in toe middle east. She's not native to the kike theology.

Isaiah 34:14
> Wildcats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another; There shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Lamia in the same verse in the Latin Vulgate, being a demonic form associated with Lilith.

In the KJB it's translated as "screech owl" which is, again, a reference to Lilith, and her ties to the Babylonian demon that causes miscarriages.

The Dead Sea Scrolls have a similar passage mentioning her:
>And I, the Instructor, proclaim His glorious splendour so as to frighten and to te[rrify] all the spirits of the destroying angels, spirits of the bastards, demons, Lilith, howlers, and [desert dwellers…] and those which fall upon men without warning to lead them astray from a spirit of understanding and to make their heart and their […] desolate during the present dominion of wickedness and predetermined time of humiliations for the sons of lig[ht], by the guilt of the ages of [those] smitten by iniquity – not for eternal destruction, [bu]t for an era of humiliation for transgression.
- Songs of the Sage (4Q510-511)

There are three references to Lilith in the Babylonian Talmud in Gemara on three separate Tractates of the Mishnah.

> If an abortion had the likeness of Lilith its mother is unclean by reason of the birth, for it is a child but it has wings.

>She grows long hair like Lilith, sits when making water like a beast, and serves as a bolster for her husband.

> One may not sleep in a house alone [in a lonely house], and whoever sleeps in a house alone is seized by Lilith.

References to her show up in a lot of curses against unfaithful husbands in various incantation bowls.

Most of the bits where Lilith is described as the first wife of Adam come from the Alphabet of Ben Sira, which are pieced together largely from folktales, but its exact origins are unclear.

The Isaiah reference is a ridiculous misreading of the text. The reason it is often translated in bestial terms is precisely because it is an animalistic/bestial reference, not a reference to a woman. If you want to find Lilith the woman, you have to go to Jewish oral tradition or Talmudic/rabbinal texts, and even there you won't find much. As you said, it's all an extrapolation from Jewish folktales. But it's not in the Bible. The Isaiah text is not only inconclusive, it's pretty suggestive of the opposite.

>Are you illiterate?
Are you? What do you mean by accuracy? How are you measuring whatever that is compared to the canonical gospels?

I'm completely serious by the way. As someone who's spent a fair amount of time in the academic study of early Christianity, your statement came off as basically nonsensical to me.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, in that same passage (Isaiah 34:14), uses the term "liliyyot" which is the plural for liloid - the demons spawned by Lilith that resemble Screech Owls and cause miscarriages, often being referenced as such elsewhere in relation to mysterious miscarriages. Thus it may not be a coincidence that the King James guys decided to substitute Lamia with Screech Owl, to make it even more specific.

Granted, it's probably something the Jews picked up during their exile to Babylon, as they had that same mythos involving screech-owl demons that caused miscarriages.

That is not me though
All I know is that what is believed by the scholars

Lilith is a made up figure created from outside Jew sources.

So, just like the rest of the religion then?