Architecture

Post architecture you like.

Pic related is the Tang City from Xiangyang, Hubei, China.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gellert Baths

Ellora Caves, Maharashtra, India

Villa Kerylos, Nice, France

This is a really nice thread.

I have always wanted to build a Roman inspired house for myself.

that's greek

wait until brutalismfag shows up

Oh yes, you're right

Inca masonry

Inca walls are all dry stone aren't they?

Literal perfection, the Beaux-Arts with minor moorish influence Trocadero Palace.

And then if you topped that off with this Beau-Arts esque boardwalk and neighborhood? You'd get damn close to my dream city.

And maybe a Palace of Fine arts in there too, and that is heaven.

I personally am partial to the rayonnant gothic style.

Chartres cathedral

Cologne cathedral

Sainte chapelle

And then I've always wanted Ingio Jones's plans for the Palace of Whitehall attached to the 'rear' of the Trocadero Palace, with the later acting as the House of Parliment / Government offices and the former as personal residence of the a king.

Beauvais is incredible too, it's a shame the nave was never constructed

Damn I didn't think Veeky Forums was so teenager to let this thread die.

Do none of you aspies make up cities and buildings in your head?

this one is nice, tracadero is fucking gaudy though, no space to breathe and rest the eye.

if you spent any reasonable amount of time here you'd know that 99% of architecture (or any art, really) threads are just absolutely full of shitposting and trash and everyone being autistic because whatever architectural style they like it the "best" and everything else is "worse than hitler"

It is a wonder this cathedral survived 14 heavy American bombs, but it's hard to was undamaged. Can anybody tell me if this building has been damaged? Are any stained glass windows lost for example?

A syncretic Beaux-arts/Mudéjar for both the Trocadero and Palace of fine arts would be heaven on Earth

but it's hard to believe that it was not damaged*

smooth tube skyscraper genocide best day of my life

yes, the cathedral was extensively damaged, though the structure remained standing during WWII and repairs needed to be done. as for the stained glass, I would imagine that much of it needed to be replaced, though it is possible that some of the original stained glass has been retained.

The Winter Palace/Hermitage Museum

Inb4 the autistic brutalists show up

Hey Architecture what are some types of building that incorporate circles into their design? So far I have stadiums, ice skating rinks and kaiten-zushi places.

slovakia is underrated desu

Defensive fortifications, and domed places of religious worship, mostly Turanian-style Mosques, but also earlier Byzantine basillicas.

tram station in Łódź
ppl call it a stable for unicorns

Thanks. Anything more general than that, like my examples? Modern buildings especially.

Well, there's also the domes of neoclassical stuff, such as the White House and other examples. But that's about the only thing I can think of.

Himeji castle aka Shirasagi (white egret) because it's white like a beautiful white egret about to take flight.

No weeb.

>Modern city's will never be this Atheistic
I want to be a urban planner just to bring back beautiful cities

When looking at the first picture, the stained glass looks a bit "uneven". (Compare top left and top right). Maybe that's because the original glass was lost?

Sidi bou said, tunis

youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8

I know that in the case of Strasbourg Cathedral, the Nazis had the windows removed and stored in a salt mine in case of Allied bombing. A good amount of Cologne's windows were damaged by the war, but a few might have survived if they were removed.

Holy shit this is gorgeous.

Kraków

Gon be built in Gothenburg

The Shah Mosque

REEEEE

I have found the original illustrative draft

Thank you. I'll try to visit Strassbourg cathedral this week. I'm happy Nazi's took care of cultural heritage.

That could be possible. The interior of the church was not really damaged, but pehaps it's case that some windows never were coloured stained glass.

I think a lot of stained glass could have been hidden during the war. Windows are often the first things that are destroyed during the bombings,

What a waste of time, effort and money.

It's so neat. Love it.

I've been here on two separate occasions. The first, I was absolutely awestruck by the intricacy of the design, and wound up spending a whole afternoon looking around. The second, I went to show my companions how cool it was, expecting myself to be able to show them around and not be fazed. Nope, I was still blown away, and wanted to stay longer than the people I was with. Truly one of the coolest things I have seen in any part of the world.

>first reply to thread
>it's a nazi
made me think

OP put up some nice pictures and they just had to shit it up. At least get good photos.

Miramare Castle for best castle
I wish I could fuckin' draw man, or have enough money to pay a draftsmen if they even exist anymore, to just steal all the best parts of what I love, and bring it to 2-D life.

Reminds me of that place in Oblivion.

not him but yeah

Fenghuang County
>Fenghuang County has an exceptionally well-preserved ancient town that harbors unique ethnic languages, customs, arts as well as many distinctive architectural remains of Ming and Qing styles. The town is placed in a mountain setting, incorporating the natural flow of water into city layout.

Who thought glass skyscrapers were a good thing?

I'm the dude that posted that, and I love glass skyscrapers. Tall and shining is the only palatable kind of skyscraper.

Kowloon Walled City may be an ugly piece of architecture but I just love how chaotic it is.

Hong Kong is truly the most cyberpunk place in the world.

The evil chinks copied japanese architecture!

t. Chink baiter
It doesn't matter where it comes from, the Japanese will always be better than you

t. Chink

Chinese can never make anything on their own
They stole all of this from the nihonrin

Mughal architecture

>Posts Mughal Architecture
>Doesn't post the Taj Mahal

Fine, I'll do it for you.

Wow... nice HISTORY you've got there buddy, fuck off back to /int/

I love military history so it's a shame that forts can't be aestheti-

You damn liar! Ancient Indian architecture.
The ancient Indians of Afghanistan, Tibet, and Thailand were all great builders.