I'm 27 years old, and I just bought my first stocks today. I'm putting $200 each month into the S&P 500...

I'm 27 years old, and I just bought my first stocks today. I'm putting $200 each month into the S&P 500, and another $200 into the Dow Jones Asia Pacific

Did I do good?

$200 is extremely small though. Why so little?

I'm 21 fresh out of college and I put about $2500 monthly into my portfolio.

Why so little?

open an IRA, I'm sure you can scrape together $1,000 if you don't eat out, drink or buy tenga eggs for a month or 2

21 straight out of college, putting 2500? You know that's not the norm right? Your question makes you sound delusional

Do you suck cocks for living? I'll give you $5.

This is on top of my retirement account. I don't really consider that "buying stocks" since I just tell my office to take 10% of my paycheck every month and put it into whatever Fidelity does with it.

$2500 a month is not the norm, but being a normie is also a good way to be a beta wageslave poorcuck for life.

$200 a month if you're 27 is babby poorcuck shit. You should be aiming to save 30-50%+ of your income.

Yeah, I'm saving $2000 a month tossing some into promising coins, and some into index funds... I'm 21 as well

It's $400 a month. $200 in S&P and $200 in NASDAQ (My broker said I can't invest in the DJAP).

Op fuck them al 200 good start... 80% of the homo's here dont got jack shit.. but maybe fun to start with u bff.. 2 minds r better then 1.. butt chose weizly coze people kill friends 4 mucho €€€€€

Lol buy crypto I bellend! 400% profits year on year for me

I started with $30k 2013 and now have $1.3m

I'm like 90% going to be fired the end of August and have to find a new job which will probably pay like half so yeah, I'm trying not to take this for granted anymore.

Literally all my wagecucking savings for last few months will probably have to go towards paying my rent and everything while I look for a new job. Not in a happy place right now.

>buying stock in 2017
>not waiting for the Great Depression 2.0
I think you done goofed OP

You have to be 18 to post here.

as long as you keep doing this until your retirement age you will have more than enough to live up to 90 years old given your healthcare spending will dramatically increase living beyond retirement age is pretty much about paying for doctors to keep you alive

This is why I waited to start buying until I was 27. So far it hasn't worked out very well for me. Still waiting for it to start before I buy a house though, since I'm not stupid.

Your portfolio is missing canadian weed stocks good sir.

Catch up by waiting for a precious metal miner etf to trend downwards, then dump everything into it. sp500 goes up like 0.2% in a week, while a bottomed out gold/silver miner etf will give you 15% in a good week without resorting to shitcoin drama or anything sketchy.

If you put $200 a month at $7 a trade in then you are losing 3.5% of your money to fees. I spend a minimum of $1000 when I make a trade.

I just said I'm 21. It wasn't a joke.
See: I'm in a terrible position right now.

Fuck off with your "everyone making decent money is a LARP" crap though.

My great uncle's a stock broker, he lets me trade for free.

> buying indexes

Would strongly recommend you build a larger bankroll before investing in stocks, given the low amount you're bringing to the table (hence quickly eaten by fees) and the current market outlook which, as agreed by many, indicates a larger correction is approaching.

The past years have been almost one entire bull run and is soon due a bust. Save your money and wait for a cheaper entry.

>buying the top

You realize we're due for a recession any week now don't you?

>
this.
give it another 3 - 4 years and there will be a massive crash
save up all your shekels.
do research on past crash trends / rebounds for specific stocks
buy in when it happens.
do this + crypto = profit

If you are paying $7 a trade, you are too stupid to invest in the stock market.

>S&P 500

do you mean an index fund ? which index fund ?

also - you are 100% equity US - you could diversify some.

one way is to just get a vanugard 2055 target fund

Top LARP m8. Your "I'm in a terrible position right now" bit added a nice layer of depth to the story.

So would you Anons recommend a Roth IRA?
I am thinking of opening one up, have the funds to maximize it at the yearly limit of 5.5k.

Current US market is optimistic right now, but that's just a feeling.
Plus other things to consider:

>The House and Senate Armed Services Committees are planning to propose a defense budget of $640 billion for 2018,
>a $37 billion increase over the Trump administration's $603 billion request.
>Upcoming Congress budget
>Debt ceiling raising (looks to be that way) or lowering (not happening any time soon).

Market "looks good", but can it hold 3 or 4 yrs?