Portugal

Can I have a quick rundown on the portuguese?

Failures

They fell for the Britain is our greatest ally meme which lead to their demise.

this.

A crusader state that ran out of likely targets, decided to send it's younger Noble sons off to sail east around Morocco and the Egyptian sultan to circumnavigate taxes and find prestor John. They ended up around Africa, successfully outflanking the mamluks and causing 30 years of havoc in the Indian sea, and started importing spice and shut from there at great profir. So much so venician and geonisian sailors/shipbuilders worked with the sultan to build Western ships ymto fight them in the red Sea.

Despite all this, they won, and made loads of money sailing all over the world, founding the longest lasting euro colonies in Africa, and the largest state in South America.

Unfortunately, mainland Portugal was small, poor, and very religious (remember crusaders). Thus they fell behind larger Spain, and later Protestant empires.

Still better than Italy though

rightful spanish clay, 1640 is worst day of my life

Even more perfidious than the Anglos. As evidenced by the fact that they kept their colonial empire until 1975 without anyone really noticing.

Sorry for the typos, I'm a drunk phone poster

What are you talking about? Only time the brits really messed with Portugal was during the british ultimatum/pink map

Does Portugal have any legitimate claims towards Galicia?

No but both share a very similar culture and language

No, that's in Poland, not Portugal, I know Poles are Poor's, but let's be real here.

they are black

the Galician language is just a dialect of Portuguese, it would really pleas my autism to see them linked with Portugal it makes me sad

there's more than one gaul nigga

Gual was in France bro, nothing to do with Portuguese or Galacians

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

7% of the population is illiterate

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away

Cucked themselves into irrelevance. The last time they thought that moving the best people out of the country before Napoleon could catch them would be a good idea for the country

No
Even if galicians want it, just because they either think they're portuguese or celts and they're not either

>tw Iberia will never be united