When did the First Turks Live in Turkey?

I know they were conquered but i was wondering who were the first TURKS in TURKEY. Even as slaves and servants that counts. I'm just in an argument with a Turkish nationalist right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Turkish_people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is this cockroaches for ants?

The first and last two are not Turkic.

Turks or Turkic? As much as Turks like to pretend they're the same thing, they aren't, probably Khazar traders

When were the first Turkish people in Turkey? Turkish people, as in modern Turks. When did they first arrive.

Well then i mean Turkish only

Sorry, didn't know it would be like that.

The Seljuk's then

No, that's when the Turks conquered it. But weren't there Turkish slaves in Turkey before then?

Probably but never in any large numbers

They'd still be Seljuks

That makes no sense, turks were slaves all over the middle east, would it be everywhere but turkey?

True

how are Turks not Turkic?

Only Seljuk Turks and Circassions have any relation at all to the modern Turk, pan-Turanists are retarded

FUUUUUUUUUCK The turk just won the argument. Please tell me, is there ANY evidence of Turk in Turkey before 1000AD?

Probably some gay shit about Khazar merchants or something that no one should or does care about

Well I care about. Because theres this Turk who bullies me at my university and we got into an argument because I claimed that Turks always lived in Turkey but were the underclass. He said Turks only moved in in 1071 and were the rulers of it ever sense. I just need some evidence about TURKISH people in TURKEY before 1000AD. But if there isn't thanks for telling me before i humilate myself further.

Then why did you make it up?

Because I knew from my understanding of history that Antolia used to be Constantinople run by Italians/Romans. I remember reading that "the turks took control of Anatolia in 1071" so i just assumed it meant they overthrew their oppressors and the tiny roman elite in Constantinople ran off. I couldn't imagine it meant that an entire country of Turks moved in in like 2 generations.

Maybe you should look it up before getting in heated arguments about it

By being Anatolian.

>I couldn't imagine it meant that an entire country of Turks moved in in like 2 generations
The local population was largely assimilated and most of todays turks are descended from them and not the turkish invaders

I didn't mean to, the Turk was making fun of me and said something like "im better than you, we've always been better than you" and I said "oh like when the Romans oppressed your people" and he said "what the hell are you talking about" and I responded "when Turkey which was Anatolian was under Roman rule under Byzantine". He responded "shut the fuck up dude there were no turks in Antolia at the time". I said "the fuck you talking about there were always turks there, they were not rulers of it but yeah" and he said "dude no there wasn't, they came in 1071 dumbass" so I came here to look it up.

Populations migrate en mass all the time why couldn't a largely nomadic culture do the same?

just call him an anatolian greek who speaks a barbarian tongue instead of a based indo-european one because his ancestors were bad at fighting

just wewuz the shit out of him at this point, it's the only way

you also think germans aren't germanic and french can't be called romance?

why do you hang out with a turk that bullies you?

>I claimed that Turks always lived in Turkey
>He said Turks only moved in in 1071
>This cunt is even more of a roach than actual roaches
How did you get to this point?

the difference is those groups have the dna to back it up
how much turkish steppe nomad dna exists in turkey? 10%?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Turkish_people
The majority of turks have always lived in Turkey its just that they only started speaking turkish after 1071
Read up some more on it and shut down his wewuzzing

how much does the percentage matter if it's still a minority? why dould someone's dna matter more than their culture or language?

It's never happened before in that short period

But I can get in a lot of trouble with the school for that. The only way I can legit insult him is saying REAL historic facts backed by evidence like "turks were slaves before 1071" or something

Him and his friends follow me around. It started in highschool and he just got his new friends from uni to do the same

Well in high-school it started off with me saying some dumb stuff. Which sucked, but then whenever I'd hang out with anyone he'd go "lol hanging out with dumbass" and beat me up at the bus stop and then we both went to the same university, he met friends there and got them to do the same and that's how the conversation started. I was walking across the Guelph park and they were walking somewhere and they just started following me and saying "hey retard" and i turned around and said "what the hell do you want?" and he said "still a pussy". I said "fuck off" and turned around pretending not to care. And he kept saying insults like that and eventually said "I'm better than you" and then it started the other comment

Oh so Turks technically always lived there as an ethnicity. The Turkish immigrants just gave them the language. Thanks for posting that i am reading up on it now.

Punch the roach out you fucking faggot

If I do that I'm getting kicked out of school and my life will be ruined that point. I'm really ugly and autistic so getting a good degree and getting a good job is the only way i can live a decent life with a family.

First, this Second,
>more than their culture or language
The culture is different then the culture in Turkic countries. Turkish culture is way closer to the Middle Eastern, Balkan and Caucasian culture.
Similar with the language. The Turkish language has many words from these areas.

no offence OP but ever tried not acknowledging him at all?

It matters when a bunch of wewuzzing turks try to claim credit for all of the states in OPs pic

The simple fact that you live in a country named Turkey doesn't make you ethnically Turkish you know.

No woman is ever going to let your penis near her if you're such a faggot you can't even drop a roach

That's hard to do tho. I thought for a moment I'd look strong and determined if i just kept walking. But then I realized I probably looked like a really cowardly little bitch walking away from three tough guys all yelling at me with my head down. I thought if i turned around and confronted him I wouldn't look like a total bitch.

taking credit for what 0,1% of the population did is always idiotic

>Turks technically always lived there as an ethnicity
>Turkish immigrants just gave them the language
STOP BEING RETARDED

THIS IS WHY FUCKING TURKS GET TO BULLY YOU

no man, you are looking at the tiny bitch taking head at others insults instead of the cool nigga who don't give a damn about nobody's insults. if you are going to feed his attention cravings then do it by going full fucking elliot on him.

That's not true either. Just genetically

>based
>wewuz
>he thinks he's speaking English

just mention Lepanto or Vienna and watch him go into convulsions

Ah yes, the Hittite Empire of the 18th century

Ethnicity is determined by culture, not genes retards

Seriously how do you people not know this. By virtue of speaking a Turkic language they are ethnically Turkic.

>b-but being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse

>By virtue of speaking a Turkic language they are ethnically Turkic
We are not discussing ethnicity, we are discussing genetics but some people just dont know the difference

Being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse.

>I'm just in an argument with a Turkish nationalist right now.
Oh boy. Don't even try.

Why the fuck are Turks such retards? Every Turk I met in university was brainwashed with manufactured history like Saladin wasn't a Kurd or how the Native Americans are descended from Turkic peoples since their ancestors crossed over the frozen Bering Strait from Siberia, thus making them supposedly Turkic in origin.

Any historian worth their salt knows that Turkic peoples settled in Anatolia in 1073; 2 years after Manzikert and that was in the midst of a Byzantine civil war. The Seljuks and the Turkomans (non-Islamic Turkic raiders and pastoralists) were utilized as mercenaries by the various Byzantine factions and even allowed to garrison major cities, thus by the advent of the 1st Crusade in 1095, nearly all of Asia Minor was in Seljuk control.

Seriously, some of the guys in my wrestling team were Turkic and/or Mongolian exchange students. They were some of the biggest nationalistic dickwads I've ever encountered. They went on and on about how master race steppe peoples were and how settled peoples make up lies about them even to this day.

/thread
They cant be argued with

At the cost of making your throat hoarse from shouting after they piss you off with their retardation.

The maxim "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit" applies to an argument with a Turkish nationalist.

Turk is an ethnicity, not a fucking allele

That's not comparable because in this scenario they are in all respects a fucking horse

oh boy, it looks like you have a fucking foreign y-haplogroup it doesn't matter if you live and die as an Anglo i guess you're a fucking Moldovan or something

idiot

Turks actually are taught anti-Mongolism because of the "Islamic Golden Age", I think.

being ridden, saddled, and watered does

> from Turkic peoples since their ancestors crossed over the frozen Bering Strait from Siberia, thus making them supposedly Turkic in origin.

I can see this one as being true, turks were a siberian people before migrating through Central Asia.

Anyways steppe people are retardedly nationalistic because they got BTFO by modernized nation states. They just don't want to admit that their way of life is maladapted to modern day society so they WE WUZ because their countries are shit

>genes don't matter in terms of ethnic qualification

yup if a blooded sub-Saharan African lives in England, speaks English, likes crumpets etc, then he is immediately Anglo (an ethnic identification).

I can somewhat buy it to a certain extent, but there was no Turkic people in any sense back in prehistoric times. They did not speak the language or have the culture that steppe peoples developed.

You dont seem to understand
Turks are ethnically turks but genetically they are (mostly) anatolian
The problem is that all the turkish nationalists claim that all turks hail from central asia when they have merely been assimilated by central asian conquerors

>The problem is that all the turkish nationalists claim that all turks hail from central asia when they have merely been assimilated by central asian conquerors
Exactly. The Iranian peoples of Central Asia get woefully ignored.

Yes

This implies white people with literally no native American genetic influence can be just as native as a native so long as they just speak the language and wear feather headdresses.

Your position is totally incoherent.

An white living in an Indian society by Indian customs can absolutely considered native Indians.

pls

>reducto ad absurdum
To answer it in as truthful a manner as possible, he would be much more an Englishman than he would be a Bantu tribesman.
He's be a functional member of English society, but he can't walk back into the Congo and be at home.

I've noticed that some people incorrectly think reductio ad absurdum is a fallacy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
>a form of argument which attempts either to disprove a statement by showing it inevitably leads to a ridiculous, absurd, or impractical conclusion, or to prove one by showing that if it were not true, the result would be absurd or impossible

You wouldn't happen to be one of those people, would you?

"hail" becomes a rather funny thing when it starts to differ between YOU (like your paternal descent) versus that of your *people* (where it's lifestyle, customs, and traditions come from)

There is no ethnic continuum between Byzantium and the Ottomans, even if the inhabitants might have not been totally replaced. Their lifestyles were.

Ok I concede that bit

Now what of the remainder of my post

I am inclined to agree, but must actually question whether or not a white Englishman would fit in with the Bantus (speaking their language and following their customs) to the same degree that the Bantu fits in with Western culture.

More likely than not in the Bantu culture his white skin would put him apart.

Exactly.

The real issue is the social acceptance, would physical appearance offput your "kinsmen"?
All boxes can be checked to *qualify* as an ethnicity, but actual society can be strange.

physical appearance and genetics matter in terms of ethnic classification, even just in the terms of aesthetic fashion, art, and even language (which is informed by the cultural concepts like beauty drawn from the physical appearance of it's subjects because of simple familiarity)

Reductio ad absurdam (and Induction) are only valid arguments for the rigourous logic of mathematics. They fail when exposed to nuanced and illogical reality.

>Induction
>valid arguments for the rigourous logic of mathematics
>Reductio ad fail when exposed to nuanced and illogical reality

hmmmm

>Traced back to classical Greek philosophy in Aristotle's Prior Analytics (Greek: ἡ Εις άτοπον απαγωγή, translit. hê eis atopon apagôgê, lit. 'reduction to the impossible'),[2] this technique has been used throughout history in both formal mathematical and philosophical reasoning, as well as in debate.

Thats not what the turks are claiming
They are literally saying the huns were their ancestors

Here's a non-shit version of the image.
Huns and Avars are a bit questionable but the rest were Turkic to an extent

lmao this is like the 5th or 6th Turk related post i've seen here . I swear this board secretly loves Turks and wishes they were Christian but can't admit it because of MUH yuropeeen Cvilization

>physical appearance and genetics matter in terms of ethnic classification
Proofs?
Please make sure it fits proper definition

This thread is shit.
Literally nobody is who they say they are genetically.
Aside from maybe scandinavians but they are getting blacked anyway.

What? This is an English speaking board, Mehmet.

>ITT: t*rk buttpain
I didn't even know cockroaches had assholes/

>Every Turk I met in university was brainwashed with manufactured history like Saladin wasn't a Kurd
He wasn't though

Nigger whites did it all the time back in the pre-modern America, and the tribes considered them one of their own.

Are you being facetious or just dumb? its pretty obvious that i'm pointing out that its weird that you autistic faggots have an unhealthy obsession with Turks. You don't see Turks starting threads about burgers and autistic
Byzantine larpers everyday ..

>turkic
>turkish

I still don't know what you're trying to say.
>frog
Never mind, I expected too much.

>ITT: Not knowing Turkic has always been a linguistic label.

It seems to be a pattern that frogposters can talk but without actually expressing anything. Just like how the frog picture itself rarely expresses anything, even they post it as if it conveys their ideas.

Still, the pale sad man may be the worst thing to happen to this site.