It's obvious that the IQ of the contemporary people and those from the Middle Ages is the same...

It's obvious that the IQ of the contemporary people and those from the Middle Ages is the same. But how could you then explain why they engaged in such nonsensical behaviour like animal trials? Does humanity acquire more common sense with time because of the development of ideas and collective learning? Which modern customs will look barbarian in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2013-05-victorian-era-people-intelligent-modern-day-counterparts.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow they were progressive as fuck in the medieval ages

It's because they didn't have many other forms of entertainment. It was all just banter, lad.

>It's obvious that the IQ of the contemporary people and those from the Middle Ages is the same
Wrong.

Intelligence is .8 genetics. Takes a lot of stuff like malnutrition, abuse, etc. to make you that much dumber. Even if we suppose that they lost the full 20% of their potential intelligence due to environmental factors like that, they'd still be on average about as smart as modern day niggers, not that that's saying much.

Intelligence is .8 genetics. Wrong

we put an elephant on trial for killing a man, then hanged it using a steam shovel

>I'm right because I say so
Kill yourself fucking nigger

You mean if you used a time machine, took an average baby from the Middle Ages and raised him by modern standards, would he struggle to adapt in our environment?

He would most likely fit in flawlessly. There's actually evidence to indicate that hundreds of years ago, pre agricultural revolution, since there were stronger selection pressures, that people were actually smarter. This is supported by comparing tests of things like reaction speed done back then to tests done now.

People from ancient & medieval times were very malnourished and had low IQs

>Intelligence is .8 genetics
That's a highly debatable number and even 20% isn't something that can be ignored. The average person was both less intelligent and less educated, so something like animal trials in the middle ages shouldn't be very surprising.

No, that's not what I meant, but you can't ignore the importance of environmental factors like nutrition and proper parenting, especially in the earliest ages.

You are fake news.

>phys.org/news/2013-05-victorian-era-people-intelligent-modern-day-counterparts.html
The victorian era is the closest I can do, but basically stop it with the "modern people are the smartest humans ever" bullshit, when both Darwinian logic and scientific studies suggest that's not the case.

Of course a well fed Victorian who wasn't exposed to lead would have normal intelligence

Unironically this
>Fuck me I'm bored.
>Wanna get a drink?
>Man I've been drunk for the last 20 years, so have you.
>Oh yeah
>Didn't like, a pig eat Ulric's vegetables last week? Why don't we pretend to put it on a trial before we kill it and have a nice dinner?
>Oh hey, that sounds like fun!

>one study
>their controversial assertion
>Comparing the average IQ of people from that time with that of modern-day people is, of course, impossible
>The researchers suggest
>which they claim to be a measure of elementary cognition.
>The claims by the European team will undoubtedly be viewed as controversial
>after all, no one has proved that reaction times truly are an accurate measure of intelligence
>Nor does the data suggest that those researchers testing people for their reaction times chose their subjects at random, or even in fact, performed the tests in the same way as everyone else
Like I said, highly debatable.

Reaction time correlates strongly with g. Doesn't really matter though, gonna be tons of 200+ IQ gods around in 20-100 years anyway thanks to IVF eugenics and CRISPR

>Middle Ages Man
>Builds own house
>Grows own food
>Reading is a primary activity(illiteracy a meme)
>Makes everything from scratch

>Modern Man
>Just buy one
>Just google it

>But how could you then explain why they engaged in such nonsensical behaviour like animal trials?

There is no radio, video games, or movies. Gotta entertain yourself somehow.

A ten year-old had a life expectancy of maybe 35.

Think of what a large proportion of the population was in their teens and twenties. Not many mature heads around.

>Which modern customs will look barbarian in the future?
I think about this briefly sometimes. Radiation therapy would definitely be one.

But it is mostly repetitive, even books were expensive for the average peasant so they would read the same prayer books and shit over and over.

A modern person who overcomes laziness is going to have a much more exercised brain and much better "software".