What the fuck was his problem

What the fuck was his problem

the czech exiled governement in London
killing this asshat was worth the reprisals

Was it autism?

As a child, he was frequently made fun of for looking Jewish. He spent the rest of his life overcompensating for this.

I'd have a problem too if I looked like that

Total opportunist who was relatively un-anti-semetic, compared to the rest of Hitler's inner circle. He only joined the Nazi party after he was fired from the Navy for breaking off an engagement (It was seen as unbecoming for a sailor), and he attended a rally at the urging his current girlfriend and later wife, who was a real Nazi fanatic. The man was cunning and sociable, so he quickly rose through the ranks and gained the trust of Himmler and Hitler, with Hitler calling him, "The man iron with the iron heart.". In truth, he mostly did whatever benefited himself at the moment, so he exaggerated his anti-semitism, well enough that no one started noticing until he went through the Wansee Conference with barely a single anti-semitic dirge. This didn't stop him from committing unspeakable atrocities against the residents of Bohemia-Moravia, in fact, his ability to change gears and willingness to please his superiors helped him, turning him into one of the most respected, and hated, Nazi officials. His willingness to go beyond his orders, even at the risk of his own life, turned out to be his undoing. Despite being seen as a sociopathic, chameleon-esque weasel, he was afraid to get his hands dirty unlike Himmler, and when the Czechs attacked his motorcades, instead of trying to hide or flee, he actually single-handedly pursued his assailants after they'd begun to fled, and this led to him being killed. His death seemed to have an affect on Hitler that he tried to mask with anger, anger at Heydrich for putting himself in danger, but most historians believe that he actually deeply cared for him.

Overall, as bizarre and fascinating a figure as the rest of the leading Nazis. Not a fanatic, but, as I stated earlier, an opportunist who felt a need to serve Germany. It's easy to right him off as a sociopath, but I find it more likely that he was just another man who fell in line and followed orders to the extreme, at the expense of perhaps millions of people.

>he was afraid to get his hands dirty unlike Himmler, and when the Czechs attacked his motorcades, instead of trying to hide or flee, he actually single-handedly pursued his assailants after they'd begun to fled
I think you meant "was not afraid to get his hands dirty. Emerging from the wreckage of your own bombed car, firing your side arm and chasing your assassin down, is anything but squeamish.

The guy actually ran off. Heydrich passed out from a wound sustained in the explosion. He was taken to a hospital and seemed on his way to make a full recovery, until a phytsician said not to use new anti-infection drugs, as his condition seemed fine already. He fell to into a coma and died of sepsis a few days later.

I find him and Kaltenbrunner to be the most interesting of the Nazi higher-ups. Same thing on the Soviets, though the NKVD were far more pathetic and weasily than the Gestapo, and the stark difference in how Heydrich or Kaltenbrunner met their ends, compared to Yezhov or Beria, proves that.

He spent the time trying to dispel the rumors. He wasn't really anti-Simetic. He just went after whoever his superiors (Hitler and Himmler) wanted going-after.

Heydrich was itching for front line duty as well. He often flew with the Luftwaffe and at one point his plane was shot down. He was missing for two days, and once he returned Himmler and Hitler forbade him from ever flying again since he was too important to get killed.

Dude had balls.

He was literally Jewish Mongoloid, look at his nose and eyes. Even Canaris said it.

>that hairline
JUST

>when you realize one of the greatest atrocities of the 20th Century could've been prevented if that Russian AA gunner had been just a bit more on target, scored a direct hit on the cockpit, and blew Heydrich to pieces

There would have been plenty of people willing to jump to Heydrich's position. If you want to prevent the Holocaust, kill Himmler.

He was called a Jew as a kid because of his long thin fingers

You should probably read about how the Holocaust actually developed before making such stupid comments.

Are you saying the holocaust was a beta uprising?

BASED ALBERT

It really wasn't THAT stupid of a comment.

"If Himmler or Heydrich had died, the Holocaust could have been prevented!"

It really is.

Except few would've possessed Heydrich's organizational skills (Nazi Germany was fraught with rivalries and infighting between agencies from the very beginning). Meaning the Final Solution's implementation would've been held for a significant period of time. Every day the Third Reich was delayed was another day the Allies pushed closer to Germany, closer to where the camps were set up, and closer to stopping this madness.

Even a delay of a few months could've saved thousands, if not millions of lives.

ubercompensating

>NKVD
>pathetic
Dude NKVD was Gestapo on steroids.

>NVKD
>Gestapo

Nigga plz

woogiedieboogiedie

Wiki used to have a paragraph on him insisting to fly during the Polish blitz and Hitler saying no what happened to it

Nazism in general was a beta uprising

All the good men died in WWI

what the fuck is wrong with his face

There were rumours circulating in Germany that he had Jewish ancestors, and was deliberately utilised by the regime to ensure his total loyalty. Apparently that's one reason why he was so ruthless in his persecution of Jews.

>You will never have a Nat-Soc qt 3.14 gf that forces you to join the NSDAP
Just kill me nao senpai

That's what I meant, thanks.

I know it's convenient to think of them like children, but that's all it is.