What's wrong with the following ;

What's wrong with the following ;

>A Chinese person who is a Norse pagan
>A German who practices a Native American religion
>A Nigerian who practises Shinto

From a view dissociated with your personal religious beliefs: What is wrong with freedom of religion?

Morals are just opinions. "Right" and "wrong" are vague abstractions with no tangibility.

Besides, religion is bullshit. People have believed all manner of dumb crap.

>A Chinese person who is a Norse pagan

the problem with this specific example is that nearly everything we know about norse pagans was written down by christians who were unfamiliar with the religion, so they typically described what they saw using what they understood from their own(christian) and meditteranean pagan(roman/hellenic) religions

imagine trying to understand a catholic church with absolutely no knowledge of christianity and you see how unreliable existing interpretations of any germanic paganism actually are

its why they're LARPers

Cultural appropriation.

Infact some Native Americans IIRC have placed their religious customs under the protection of intellectual property.

I personally don't see much wrong with things like this if the individual deeply respects the religion, and I imagine that'd be the case in most instances.

It's autistic

The fact that these religions are not universalist faith "made for all mankind" like typical latter Abrahamic religion does, but rather work out like Judaism, in which the nation and the religion are inseparable, there's a reason why the Pagans called other culture god as "the god of the (insert nation), in a way this also means that a pagan usually accept that other gods exist outside their own religion, but as the god of the domain outside their land

I would add that this won't always be the case, certain religions like Buddhism and Taoism are universalist and not ethno-racial tied, so for those religions it'll more acceptable

lmfao who cares

Well, as far as specifics go:
The Chinamen can't practice Asatruar as he isn't of Indo-European descent. The gods don't listen to you or receive your sacrifices if you aren't Indo-European.

The German can make offerings and the like to the gods of SOME Indian religions. Some, as some work like Asatru and others just require you to be in the gods location.

The Nigerian can practice Shinto just fine if he's in Japan. The Kami worshiped in Shinto only listen to you or respond to rituals if you do them in Japan.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about. A classic symptom of someone who hasn't looked into Reconstructive religion at all.

That's nice. Find me a single written source about germanic paganism not written by a christian in the years 600-900ad.

Protip you dumb faggot: "The gods" don't exist.

Nothing at all wrong with any of those.

It's basically LARPing.

Tacitus Germania, written 98AD by a Roman Pagan.

Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico, 58-49BC, by a Roman Pagan.

The inscriptions on the Golden Horns of Gallehus, made by what was presumed a Norse Pagan, date unknown but the presence of the Elder Futhark points to somewhere between 100-800AD.

Inscriptions on various artifacts found in the Sutton Hoo Hoard, made by a Germanic Pagan, 6th-7th century.

Pretty much every Runestone that isn't explicitly Christian, made by Norse Pagans, various dates.

Holy fuck dude, you BTFO him with Tacitus no need to kill him, it's not his fault he's a plebbitor.

>tacitus
>meditteranean pagans being able to detail the religious practices of a completely separate group with enough detail for them to be practiced in the knowledge that you are doing so. Even the wikipedia page expresses strong doubts about the veracity of his work

>While there is rich archaeological and linguistic evidence of earlier Germanic religious ideas, these sources are all mute, and cannot be interpreted with much confidence. Seen in light of what we know about the medieval survival of the Germanic religions as practiced by the Nordic nations, some educated guesses may be made. However, the presence of marked regional differences make generalization of any such reconstructed belief or practice a risky venture.

Enjoy your religion based on 'educated guesses' and by your own admission presumptions.

Also,
>sutton hoo hoard

It's difficult to illustrate to you how wrong you are while resisting the temptation to just insult you. Are you really suggesting that you can combine archaeological evidence from a (partly christian!) burial in east anglia, with the writings of a roman several hundred years earlier about religious practices in completely different part of europe?

Do you realise how stupid that is?

Consider also that there is no consensus on who is even buried at Sutton Hoo, so how can you tell me they were even pagans?

Goddamn bro, you better get an icepack for that butthurt.

Because everything in it is covered in Pagan symbolism? The popular helmet even has Odin on it.

Humour my butthurt goalpost moving ass and give me your opinion on whether it is ridiculous that the structure for your religion comes from texts that are 500-600 years apart and from different parts of the world. Please.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all, you'd know that if you'd even read anything I'd said instead of just looking things up on Wikipedia.

Since you're so fond of Wikipedia articles, why not just lookup "Germanic Neopaganism" instead of arguing about a subject you quite literally know nothing about?

>Since you're so fond of Wikipedia articles, why not just lookup "Germanic Neopaganism" instead of arguing about a subject you quite literally know nothing about?

I'm basing my knowledge on what I learned about the anglo-saxon conversion in my undergrad history course. Stuff written by A. Meaney, M. Gelling, Boser/Blair etc. I'm sorry to say in academic history circles your faith is bullshit.

It is silly and you will make a fool out of yourself.