Be atheist

>be atheist
>haven't been to church in a decade
>still reflexively identify with Catholicism
>still hate Pr*testants

Is this normal?

Same. I think it's just a cultural thing, I'm a Catholic from the polish ghetto and the Dutch kids in the suburb are likely Lutheran scum.
I realize this is just basically a running joke in my mind. It probably has a lot more to do with culture.

There is nothing wrong with that. The catholic church throughout history has tried to remove superstition, preserved knowledge, is willing to adapt to the modern world and promotes the idea that what matters is deeds rather than belief.

The worst of Christianity, especially in the modern period comes from the protestants. They've revived superstition (Martin Luther advocated burning deformed babies in an oven so they'll return to the fey), created witch hunts, promote anti-intellectualism, spread the idea that deeds don't matter and what only matters is belief, and for every instance of a corrupt member of the catholic church there are a dozen televangelists, faith healers and other assorted frauds and quacks.

I'm an agnostic atheist, but I still happily celebrate Christmas. It's comfy as fuck.

The Buddha taught,
>if you meet the Buddha on your path to heaven,
>And he blocks your path.
>kill him, and continue on.
He meant you should never allow anything to block your way to heaven. In a Christian, that means anything you cannot forgive. It's written right in the Lords Prayer
>...and forgive my trespasses
>...as I forgive those who trespass against me.
It's not just words, it's a quid pro quo. Forgive to be forgiven. Do not forgive and you are not forgiven. You will be forgiven the same way as you forgive.
Judging is the same way.
>Judge not, lest you be judged in kind.
Which is not to say 'suspend all disbelief', but to mean 'do not condemn others', which falls perfectly in line with the other things Jesus taught like "love thy enemy" and "give him your cloak as well". It means you should not hold people in contempt, hatred, or disgust. For doing so means God will judge you similarly.

So to "kill" the Jesus that blocks your path, you must forgive and not condemn those denominations you now disparage. You must forgive your enemies - even those who wish to kill us all. You must not hold any grudge against them.

If it were easy, we'd all be going to heaven.

You can criticize without disparaging. You can fear without hating. You can avoid without condemning.

Yes, it's normal for anyone even once infected with Catholicism to hate Christians.

>a non-Christian happily celebrates a non-Christian holiday

What a surprise

Me too. I unironically think everyone should be catholic since childhood and then go full fedora. Catholicism teaches you values and the importance of good works, unlike protestants.

yes catholics are raised to be insane

Hating protestants is normal. The opposite would be adnormal desu.

Everybody hates them, they christians a bad name.

So you are a poor fag, that hates the more successful protestants ? Catholics gonna Catholic

Yup. It's satan's world, and satan and his children hate everything of God.

Its normal for a hypocritical douche. Take a jump in the pool of nihilism if you want to be free of societal constraints including the brainwashing of the catholic church. You should be able to have contempt for all religions. Although there is nothing wrong with finding one more toxic than another.

Protestants literally LARP as jews.

I see no hate from Catholics on the orthodox.
Just everyone in unison hates protestants.

Don't really hate them, it's kinda like the back and forth between different service branches. Army rips on muhreens for being dumb jarheads, the Catholics rip on the protestant habit of raising heroin addicts.
Muhreens rip on army for being pussies, protestants rip on the Catholics for shitting out eight kids and being drunk all weekend.
No real hate, just banter and stereotypes.

churches (and the bible) are created post-jesus, which means not approved by god, literally all you have to do to be christian is to follow jesus' message

>be atheist former protestant
>never hated catholics
>start hating catholics due to anti-Luther shitposting

That's because they're the same thing; two legs of the same statue. Both are lost pagan cults.

>been an atheist since I was like 11 years old
>still view my former denomination of Christianity as the best, and judge people based on what kind of Christian they are

Then you arent catholic and your hate for protestants is just dumb arrogance

I love how you give yourself away without even knowing it.

If Jesus founded his church on Peter, your pic would have it right. "And I tell you that you are Peter, and upon you, Peter, I will build my church."

Except that's not what the bible says.

That's what the Catholic traditions say, throwing out the bible completely.

Petros (Peter) is not the petra (stone foundation). In fact, by using petra and not Petros, Petros is excluded from being the petra.

>Greek
True Protestants only use the original Hebrew. The Hebrew of Gods chosen people. Nice try though, Satan.

>be atheist former protestant
I'm sorry, user.

nah I didn't grow up in an evangelical household, though I have relatives who are

Do you have a copy of Matthew in Hebrew? No?

Then go with the Greek translation.

Petros is not the petra.

Why are you sorry for liars?

>& Humanities

>Be atheist
>Have been to sermon voluntarily, once.
>Still reflexively identify with Lutheranism
>Still hate Kathlicks and also Polish "people"

>Then go with the Greek translation.
HAHAHAHAHAH. Nice try, Satan.

pro-tip you're still christian inside

Holy spirit is a hell of a drug

I think so. I'm a culturally protestant atheist, and I routinely feel a back-handed urge to refute the anti-protestantism which is so prevalent throughout Veeky Forums, and especially on this board. Not because protestantism is right, but because it's fucking stupid for one cult to believe itself to be the superior of another cult when the only thing that the former really has going for it is its longevity, which is mistaken by its adherents, and even those forever trapped in its culture, as "legitimacy", "authenticity", and so on. Because Muh Paintings, or something.

"Give me a child until he is seven and he is mine for life." -dubious quote-idea sometimes attributed to Ignatius, Lenin, and others.

>still goinbto heaven despite I don't believe it exists
Feels good man.

>Christmas
It's pagan celebration
lol you have both the same book

So does this mean we can all unite in hating proddies?

We should make a church for ex-catholics. Zizek would be the priest since he says to actually be a christian you don't have to believe in God.

>Le "everybody blindly the faith of their parents, nobody has every come to a faith on their own" meme
I really don't see it. I've changed my mind several times in my life on some major issue and I'm only 22. I accept that fact that i'll have some different beliefs as I get older and more experiences as well.

Maybe if you're a normie you just never break out of the status quo but even then I just don't buy that people on average are taught or indoctrinated into a belief at a young age and remain steadfast in that belief forever.

No. You should hold all superstition in equally detached contempt.

Most people are normies.

If you don't have the original autograph of Matthew, you have either: the Papias translation into Greek; or someone else's translation of Papias' Greek into a different language.

In any language, Peter is not the foundation of the church.

He's just one part of the foundation, with all the other apostles and all of the prophets.

And as always, God is the Rock, not Peter.

Yes. Prot*stants are non-Christian heretics and generally a shit culture as well.

Living your life like an animal has consequences you are not prepared to face.

>Most people are normies.
normies (at least some of the time) change there mind too as I've seen it with my own family.

you're all crypto catholics