Where is the economy decent?

I am in Chicago, and they are only hiring Senior management positions at every job. They want like 5 years of experience and 3 different certificates for each positions.

Where is a decent town/city with jobs? The internet is hyping Sioux Falls, South Dakota and a few other places like that.

>I am in Chicago
Go anywhere else. Seriously.

If you are black, please don't take the train south.

Which country has the most free market in the world?

But I mean...Where?

I seriously don't have a clue. I'm originally from Wisconsin, but their economy is pretty shitty too.

I have been looking at Boise ID, Raleigh NC, Sioux Falls SD, Phoenix AZ, Cheyenne WY, and Colorado Springs.

I just graduated with a bachelor's in business, but basically every job listing in Chicago wants a long list of certifications and 5 years experience, along with the bachelor's degree. Absolutely no entry-level positions.

People, tell me where you're living and how it is there.

Huntsville AL, anywhere in TX. For the love of god don't go to South Dakota, especially Sioux Falls. You think niggers are bad? Try natives

what job field?

hong kong

>Phoenix AZ
I just moved here from Chicago 5 months ago. Pay went up. Living expenses went down. It's the hot summer now but once fall kicks in I can hike beautiful mountains for the rest of the year. I would never move back.

Never been to Texas, but obviously there is a ton of hype around it.

This town called "Allen Texas" looked like it was doing well, outside the Dallas area. I also heard the weather is absolutely shit down there, and I also have pretty bad asthma. But I am definitely open to Texas.

Not really sure. I make small websites for businesses, I've had some marketing experience, and I also teach classical guitar lessons. Also just graduated with a bachelor's in business.

I have been applying to marketing/web design/sales stuff, no luck though

What do you do in Phoenix? Also, what part do you live in?

It looks like Phoenix is divided into like 5 separate cities or some shit. I also hear a ton of conflicting information about it. Some say the economy is amazing and others say it is declining, but I am very interested in Arizona /out/

Aerospace assembly. Scottsdale. There is a fuckton of entry level web development and marketing shit here.

ohio my main man. low cost of living and tons of new jobs popping up

Do you know of any of the big corporations who hire out there? I am filling out applications in Phoenix right now

Really? What part of Ohio? I've heard nothing but bad things about it for a while

The DFW area due to the fact housing kinda cheap

Hey man, at least you aren't stuck in Albuquerque, NM. The economy is so shit here that it's hard enough to save money to even fucking leave.

Been looking at the Dallas area. Definitely interested in Texas for many reasons. I have a redneck fantasy where I have a job but go into the country on the weekends and shoot guns and shit.

I actually fucking love New Mexico. I even applied for some positions in Santa Fe, but my friend used to live there and said it was a bit depressing. The mountains are absolutely incredible out there.

But yeah I've heard Albuquerque is shit. I have a bit of money saved up from college but it is quickly draining, so I want to move while I still have a little saved up.

Santa Fe's an alright town actually. Though you have to be involved in something related to art to have any sort of stake there. Also the city layout makes no fucking sense and I get lost every single time I go up there.

Raleigh is a pretty solid area. The area is exploding with research, development, and technology jobs. But the ship may have already sailed on the cost of living. Every year it's getting more and more expensive. Still probably cheaper than Chicago, though.

Do you like skiing, hiking and the outdoors?
Come to Salt Lake City. Outdoors life is awesome, better than Denver imo.

The metro is small but growing (1.5-2million), decent tech scene, decent public transport (great light rail system), the counter culture against the mormons gives SLC some pretty interesting art, beer, and music scenes.

Highly recommend it. I moved here from Boston and love it.

Bay Area.

Get a 6 figure tech job with perks and you're set.
:^)

I have always been interested in Utah, but I was told that Mormons control the job market there and they only hire fellow mormons.

I think I'm going to try applying to Raleigh as well as Phoenix

I was considering relocating to Chicago and try to break into the trading since there are so many trading firms there. How terrible of an idea is this?

It's a pretty good location for young professionals. Lots of night life. It's within driving distance of the appalachian trail and from a bunch of nice beaches if nature is your thing. Definitely look into the housing prices and what area it's in though.

I have no idea what the trading firms are like.

Where are you coming from?

I generally do not suggest that anybody move to Chicago unless they have a job locked down already. The city is a bit of a sinking ship.

New Zealand

Go to /pol/ and listen to their nightly cpd stream. That will give you a good idea.

I get that there are a lot of reasons that Chicago is really bad and IL has a debt powder keg waiting for a spark, but its the main city with trading firms since the CME is there. And I would really like to get some time working in a trading firm to learn more about it and the majority of successful traders have had experience inside the industry. After that I'd like to transition to trading my own account.
I'm coming from OK.

Chicago is great.

Follow the example of the city.

Lie about everything. I did, uploaded a resume and got relocated and made 88K + 7k relocation.

Fuckers wouldn't let me reach 100k, though to be honest they allowed me to keep my Florida residency for taxation.

I know. But Chicago is the main city for trading since the CME is there and I'd really like to try to break in and get a couple years experience to learn enough and then I'd try to go be successful on my own and move away from there.
But I know it's a extremely long shot of me being able to break in anyways because my application wouldn't look good on paper so I wouldn't be able to make it past the firewalls of either the automated filter or the retards in HR.

I mean, anything is difficult to break into because Chicago's economy is shit with a population of 9 million people. Not a good combo.

But people's dreams happen here. One of my friends started a band a few years ago, now his band is fucking huge, they're on Warped Tour this summer. Another guy I know was on a television series on the history channel recently.

I've also had some success here. I've gotten to perform classical music downtown and put out an album that became one of bandcamp's best sellers and all that shit.

But as far as just working a normal job and paying for your shit, seems kinda rough. Maybe I'm blackpilled because I just graduated 2 months ago and I'm on the jobhunt though.

But yeah, definitely shoot for it if it's your dream. I've seen crazier shit happen for people here. Seen people go from living in their parent's to driving lambos.

My dream is not to live in Chicago. But look at most of the successful independent traders all seem to have something in common that they have had experience on the inside. I want to get some of that and at the very least learn about things I don't even know I don't know.
On youtube there was a video of a trading firm recruiter/headhunter who said it's common for them to get thousands of applications though so I doubt I would be able to break in especially considering I don't look good on paper because no degree.

B A Y A R E A

:^)

>tons of new jobs popping up
>Ohio
Then why did they vote so heavily in favor of Trump?

He has a degree in business, not a computer science.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Having a business degree is like having no degree, but still better than having a social science degree.

Why even go to college if you're not learning a hard skill.

Not that CS taught me any hard skills.

I dunno basically every job application says "Bachelor's in Business required" along with skills in computer coding.

Doesn't seem worthless to me

Buy a fake resume/references