Is Gdax/Coinbase dead?

Is Gdax/Coinbase dead?

>these low numbers
>not even in the top 30 of exchanges

It's as if everyone moved out of Coinbase/Gdax to other exchanges and wallets.

How long before Coinbase goes bankrupt or closes shop?

It seems like, at least watching LTC, there are almost no sellers left on GDAX. Volume is extremely low and any significant moves now are upward.

Less competition is good but also means whales can flood in at anytime..

They aren't giving BCC out so people are withdrawing everything they can

This. Coinbase/GDAX fucks over their customers, and this fork is no exception. If BCC takes off, as low a chance as that is, Coinbase just gets to pocket all that shit at the expense of anyone dumb enough to be holding BTC tomorrow.

I wouldn't say they fuck over their customers
They refunded a massive event at their loss, though it would have likely gotten them investigated and shut down for allowing US citizens to short outside of insitutions

Sure, they did that out of the kindness of their hearts and not because they suddenly generated a bunch of assets from accounts that blew the fuck up and were deep in the red through some potentially shady exchange policies.

>t. Coinbase shill

Everyone had a month or more to move their shit. They have no one to blame but themselves at this point.

hes right though

coinbase covered users losses during that ETH flash crash a month ago

did kraken do the same when they had an ETH flash crash a few months earlier?
i dont think so

I withdrew my bitcoins because they wouldn't give me BCC. Moved them to my shitcoin account on Bittrex because they will give me BCC. That simple. Even if BCC goes to 1 dollar, I'll be a whole 2 dollars richer because I transferred my money

>tfw so far from the 21 club
Good thing so many bitcoins have been seized/destroyed/lost that its probably more like the 15 club by now

Should move them to paper
Bittrex fucked up their policy and will likely not give out BCC the way you think they will

>trusting fucking Bittrex
>not using paper wallets
Heh. Prepare to get rekted.

they already froze withdrawals

Have fun trying to get your shit on an exchange if it crashes. Being on an exchange that rewards bcc is the smartest thing you could do if your plan is to collect your bcc.

Gdax/Coinbase is literally the only way possible to buy or sell Bitcoin with 0% fees. None at all, not even a maker fee.

You bank deposit into Coinbase USD wallet and wait like 4-5 days, then transfer to Gdax, then buy with a limit order.

I've been banned by Coinbase before and they lowered my limits for many months, so I hate them, but I have to give them credit for being literally the only way possible to buy Bitcoin with 0 fees.

>he thinks the exchanges won't screw him over
>he trusts someone else to handle his "trustless" money

What a cluster fuck.

This should legitimatize bitcoin as real currency

If BCC turns out to have any value above say 20$, people will start posting stuff like "Wtf coinbase, give us our money" and coinbase will eventually allow bcc withdrawals. I'm not supporting them in any way but this is what would happen.

If that's the case you bought your BTC off of local bitcoins and have never used an exchange? Can you form an actual argument now that we have that out of the way?

Local bitcoins have a huge premium. I can tell you've never actually bought anything from there.

the point is that exchanges are intermediaries, not banks, and people who treat them like banks tend to get screwed over badly

Honestly unless you're afraid of the government/your bank knowing you bought Bitcoin, buying through Gdax is the cheapest way only because of that 0% fee method if you follow the instructions exactly.

But of course, 90% of Coinbase's customer base doesn't follow the 0% fee method and instead pays like 3% in fees or something ridiculous, in which case they'd be better off with Gemini or something instead.

So if i want BCC i can leave my coins on buttrex, but what if i put my btc into my bitcoin knots wallet?

What would be the safest bet for someone looking to collect bcc with the least amount of risk then? BTC is clearly going up because no one is selling before the split. There is a good chance deposits won't go through for a while after the split too. Why take on all that extra risk because "muh spooky exchanges"?

I used to buy and sell bitcoins through local bitcoin. I charged a high premium because
1. I had to go somewhere and take some risk to do the transaction
2. you want to buy/sell bitcoins in a more anonymous way. that's valuable.

Used to make like 8% per trade. probably could have charged a lot more.

I had to buy through goybase because GDAX hadn't, and STILL hasn't verified me. Something about my info not matching public records. What am I supposed to do about that?