Why did the mainland Yuropean powers allow Britain to get away with amassing a huge worldwide empire...

Why did the mainland Yuropean powers allow Britain to get away with amassing a huge worldwide empire? Why didn't they make a combined effort to cuck them? Why did they allow themselves to be underhanded by a fucking island? How dumb can you seriously be to let these fags get away with all that land, worldwide? Wtf Yurop? Are you fucking kidding me?

That's what Napoleon tried to do, god bless his soul, may he rest in heaven.

Like wtf, they all go after Nappy when Britain was the greater threat. Yurop is a collective of servile autists, and Britain manipulated them like the bully it was. They wouldn't even ally the one man who could make a difference.

Hello Burger, welcome o this thing called history, now things may seem like they have common sense now, but you must understand our world view is very different to theirs. Britain emerges on the back of the Dutch and French bankrupting themselves in the nine years war, and then everyone failing but the English in the seven years war.

>they all go after Nappy when Britain was the greater threat
hmmmm

More relevant even

What I don't understand is, you guys kill each other but don't pay any attention to England. It was growing and growing and for some reason you all didn't see it before it was too late.

Regardless, they needed to be united because these fuckers would not attack Britain. FFS, a nobody from Corsica had to force them to cooperate and kill Britain. He should've never attacked Russia also. He could've had it.

Too busy killing eachother and Britain was an island and had a very annoying naval force that only France could deal with.

It just infuriates me that they were too absentminded to notice that these ratnosed motherfuckers were stealthily gaining power right under their noses, unchecked. Fucking ludicrous bullshit.

Euros went full autist with the "maintaining the balance of power in Europe" meme, to the degree that they were willing to trade massive colonial holdings in favor of a few kilometers of land in Europe. Britain pretended to play along but built up their colonial empire in the process, and Euros were such obsessed autists with just Europe that they didn't notice what was happening until it was far too late.

Wtffff Yurrrrropppp, this pisses me off to no end

There were talks of a French-German-Russian alliance to cuck the Brits, but it didn't work out due to the volatility of the French government(s) at the time, revanchism, Willhelm's autism and Russian paranoia about Germany.
Read "Kiel et Tanger" by Charles Maurras if you want more indepth stuff.

>Allow
>Need a fucking navy

The UK always outclassed Continental navy's because yuros need to spend more on armies for wars in yroup where as UK spends a small amount on armies for imperial conflict and a large amount on RN for channel and empire protection.
This is the only answer, no autism, no perfidious Anglo.
Being on an island facilitates empire building more than being on a continent. If you are a yuro you security agenda is more concerned with France and Krautlands huge armies than England royal navy, especially when the only way these great powers will have a big enough navy is if they conquer all of Europe and thus can spend more on a navy as all land competition is destroyed. Plus the empire was actually beneficial for most of Europe,England was not going to single handedly invade any of Europe, and look at the continental system, it damaged Europe wayyyy more than the UK because now they had no were to get cheap goods and smuggling is more expensive for the consumer. Literally if you were a yuropoor, of any nation of the 1700-1900's was to have an empire you would want the free trade English to have it. Fuck dealing with the Empire that helps you when you have the great powers of Europe grabbing continental land like it was your wife's ass.
I venture to say that the English channel is the most important piece of geography in history.

This was 1902, forgot to mention that.

>we
>you people
Now this is grammar you need to drop if you wish to study history at a serious level.
The reason why Britain was not attacked as that would upset the balance of power and wars only started when that was threatened.
British and Proud btw although wish we fell back into Catholicism

>unpopulated woodland is better than key trading cities
Germany was more powerful in war than Britain at its peak, admit it
That's why they should have been cut down at Versailles or put under Austrian leadership

You realise Britain wasn't invading Europe while Napoleon was trying to establish a second Rome.

Napoleon was the real threat you dense twat.

And the French government was pro British once they were the two in the ascendancy?

>England didn't spend on the army
No England just had better tax efficiency so could raise a formidable army and navy, their horses were some of the best in the world, it was just the land officers that let it all down

More like
>HOLY THAT COUNTRY WANTS AN ISLAND WITH THREE COWS AND A GOAT IN EUROPE STOP THEM STOP THEM AAAAAAAA
>Oi luvs can I 'ave a chunk o' land biggah than your whole nations and with more people?
>Yeah yeah sure thing Britain just don't take .5 kilometers of farmland in Europe we're watching you.
See I agree with you on the key trading cities thing, but a laughable amount of "maintaining the balance of power in Europe" involved trading pretty unremarkable land too.

Do you know what Silesia is?

The Dutch tried to stop them, they succeeded somewhat until the War of Spanish Succession basically killed their economy

Why yes, how does Silesia change anything that I just said.

I don't care, Nappy was intrinsically the good guy.

Good thing I read that again before I posted a gibraltar frog.

Britain rrrreeeeee

>be mainland
>spend resources on navy to fuck up britain
>don't have resources for army
>other mainlanders just walk over to your place and wreck you

on other hand brits also won't land to try to annex bits of someone since that would be more trouble than it's worth so it's not like they're a terrible threat to anyone

but also why would any retard even care about some geopolitics shit that won't take effect in their lifetime? furthermore most people do not even think very far and if there's sea between that's pretty far.

Each individual power in mainland Europe was too busy pouring money into it's armies to keep everyone else from fucking them over, leaving their navy as a secondary concern. Britain on the other hand could focus on training a kickass navy that punched well above it's weight, leaving it's army on the backburner.

This naturally leads to a state of affair where Europe is kicking it's own ass, while Britain avoids that clusterfuck as much as possible and sends it's smaller army overseas to go bully savage nations that are ripe for the plucking.

Because three wars were waged over it because of how industrial it was for both Austria and Prussia
How so?
He wished the abolition of the old order completely, if he had his way we'd be speaking a completely new language
>this meme
The Dutch, French and Spanish all have key battles where they destroy English navies
Hell naval dominance only swaps back to Britain in the napoelonic wars when the French leave their ships in harbour in the Nile

>I'm going to avoid the Dutch going bankrupt and economic embargoes to limit the navy

>before it was too late
Nigga Britain gave up being a continential power after France won the hundred years war. Britain was a cornerstone in the balance of power, because it wasn't as concerned with the geopolitical situation on land like France or Prussia it was able to enter any alliance necessary. This including helping Austria in the war of the Spanish succession, allying Prussia in the seven years war, and joining the triple entente before WW1.
The european powers didn't form any coalition against Britain because it was never in a position to actually start conquering Europe. It was much more content to amass wealth through colonies and industrialisation.

Stay mad

Due to British divide and conquer tactics. Both Napoleon and Wilhelm II tried to end their tyranny over Europe and sadly failed. Luckily, it seems Merkel might finally be the leader to succeed at it, and without a single shot fired too.

You can't kill the main character.

>implying it didn't join Prussia last minute because Austria bit the hand that fed it

The Anglo sowed discord amongst them.

It was like that scene in the lord of the rings where the envoys are sat in a circle around the ring arguing and no one notices the ring chanting dark satanic shit except Frodo who says "I will take it", except no Frodo.

>implying Britain is the main character of Warring Yurop: The Series.
The protagonist is France, Britain is the cowardly, anti-hero rival deuteragonist who turns out ti be France's friend in the end, and G*rmany is the antagonist.

So?

Silesia had a lot of resources (coal, iron), a thriving industry, and lots of people.

They actually tried, and failed. If we're taking "Europe" as a whole, then the European powers made a huge blunder in peacing the War of the Spanish Succession by splitting France and Spain, and they were further ruined in the attempt to check the British colonies in the Seven Years' War, where Prussia was introduced as a foil to France only to be bested in turn half a century later, splitting energies far away from Britain.
Basically the thread premise is flawed because it implies there were never attempts to curb Britain's actions (there were) and that there was ever a consistently united "European" front (there wasn't).
Probably the closest was ironically during the American Revolutionary War, where for a time a French, Spanish and Dutch coalition was at war with Britain. But the war never developed on a scale large enough outside of the North American theater to inflict lasting wounds on the UK, and it even ended badly for the French and the Dutch.

>implying the patrician choice for the war of Spanish succession wasn't to get a hapsburg on the French throne and keep bourbons off Spain

>Merkel might finally be the leader to succeed
Yes, all seems to be going according to plan with the upcoming EU-Russian land war now that the UK has abandoned the EU

Yes, I should have been more clear I suppose. when I said "a laughable amount" I didn't literally mean all of it and even conceded on the point of key trading cities. There are, however, plenty of examples of European nations trading effectively small patches of farmland in the 19th Century, often due to nationalist sentiments regarding the types of people that lived there.

a lot of other anons have said it but, they tried to take them. It's also important to bear in mind that while it might seem impressive on a map a large overseas empire wasn't an immense asset, at least before industrialisation - you couldn't extract resources from it that efficiently, not during the age of sail anyway.

Britain was a force of stability, its prosperity was guaranteed by a world of peace and status quo, to imperil this is lunacy.

We've seen what happens when certain parties work against this paradigm. Two tragedies that plunged the nations of Europe into ruin and destitution. It's ever been to the benefit of all to support the ideals espoused by the UK and maintain civility on the continent.