Stop believing in "great people"

stop believing in "great people"
stop idolizing napoleon

>After his conversion, Tolstoy renounced his earlier fiction as "trash" written for the cultural elite, and turned to writing essays and tracts. In his 1882 "Confession," he speaks candidly of his moral crisis, and in the 1886 pamphlet "What Then Shall We Do?" he inveighs against property ownership and the exploitation of labor. In 1894, he published "The Kingdom of God Is Within You," describing his personal religious findings; in 1901 he was excommunicated by the Russian Orthodox Church. "What Is Art?" written in 1898, dismisses all but morally inspired art that could appeal to the average citizen. Though Tolstoy made many bureaucratic enemies, he also found many followers, several of whom sought him out at Yasnaya Polyana as a prophet.

Tolstoy or Dostoevsky: Who’s the better novelist?

>they discuss Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums, but not Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums

>Stop being inspired by greatness.
>Stop having heroes.

Just fuck off.

"Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal." - Leo Tolstoy

Why should I?

What a retard.

obviously Tolstoy, but Dostoevsky has made some great works

Nothing could be more absurd than moral lessons at such a moment! Oh, self-satisfied people: with what proud self-satisfaction such babblers are ready to utter their pronouncements! If they only knew to what degree I myself understand all the loathsomeness of my present condition, they wouldn't have the heart to teach me.

Obviously Dostoevsky, but Tolstoy has made some good works

Obviously Chekhov, but Gorki has made some great works.

Resurrection is honestly his best book.

well he's not wrong

Man is a mystery: if you spend your entire life trying to puzzle it out, then do not say that you have wasted your time. I occupy myself with this mystery, because I want to be a man.

>Chekhov
>novelist

embarrassing

Nigga got a whole army to stand down by staring at them.

You get me some average bloke on the street that can do the same, and maybe I'll believe you, once you've empirically proven that his balls are made of super-compressed brass.

oh course you were :')

Tolstoy, not even close. Greatest novelist ever.

>Greatness