Leak time

ternary computing for IOTA

one week

Real shit? You got some insider info user?

they've been delayed for almost 2.5 years, it's one week with a contingency for two. It's under wraps so can't say anything more

real or not, I will buy another 1 Gi

when btc drops im stocking up on iota

just go iota long when it hits 8500 you'll be safe enough easily. bots just bouncing this shit up and down every few days, moons overnight in europe wake up and sell off, that's how it goes

>tfw brainlet

What will this mean for iota?

it means if they truly succeed in their vision, iota and JINN holders will be the richest people on the planet and intel and amd will be begging for their patents, even though they're open sourcing, they'll toss up the market for sure

My 1.7 gIota suddenly has suddenly gone from bag to balloon

expect to be a millionaire someday genuinely, IOT is trillions in the future, just wait 5-10 years and you're fucking laughing mate

I just wish I got in earlier to sit on these fat TI bags somepeople have

this guy knows what's up. 5-10 years exactly the time frame we finna be rich B

You convinced me to buy some IOTA but then I realized it's not even on Kraken. The hell. I don't feel like signing up for another exchange.

So buy more now while its low, or wait until after the fork when the buying power of BTC could be exponentially better?

bittrex is super easy and fucking great bro.

op said wait till 8500 and it's 300 sats higher rn, so I think I'll wait. My father already bought like 300$ worth and I'll put in some soon as well.

b-but it's not on bittrex mah boy

Bitfinex senpai

What is JINN? The website isn't working.

Leak time?

Find the correlation between the following 2 sentences:

The world's agricultural market is worth just over $3 Trillion.
Sprouts will become one of the top 20 cryptocurrencies.

Screencap this, and keep it stored in a safe place.

One day, you will come back to this screen cap. It's up to you whether on that day you will realise I was right, or enjoy your newly found gains.

Do you, user. Do you.

fuck is this shitcoin?

worthless shitcoin with over 1 trillion times a thousand coins

I dont get the whole MIOTA thing

if i own 1000 MIOTAs, does that mean i actually own 1 million IOTAs?

why would they make it like that

yes now. wait 10 years and see if you say the same thing. all your products in your home will use iota. this is like btc in 2009

Someone very smart told me in 5/10 an IOTA will be worth $0.01. They are going for micro payments between tech. It's already accepted in the finance world that no payments should be smaller than $0.01.

yes and one giota will be worth a LOT

that is true, because it very expensive to transfer 0.01$ because of the fee

however, since IOTA is virtually free to use, that number could go way lower, and still be just as efficient

There is only 1.3 times single IOTA as sats in BTC. You think btc will reach $100,000 each? That's almost 1 cent per IOTA. Which IOTA actually has a real world use case unless the very few people that hold bitcoin.

but isnt IOTA already at 0.25$?

care to explain this MIOTA thing?

one MIOTA right now is .25. i think he meant each iota which is smaller than miota?

1 miota= 1 million iota
so 1 iota= $0.00000025

A MIOTA as you see listed on marketcap, etc. Is actually 100,000 IOTA.

so 1 MIOTA = 1000 IOTA?
or is it 1 MIOTA = 1064 IOTA, like with megabytes in the computer world.

Meant 1,000,000 IOTA. Where else can you own 300,000,000 of something for $90?

1 MIOTA is 1 mil iota

see

okay i see

pretty weird way to list it tbqh, but the numbers would be pretty extreme otherwise, i'd be owning a couple billion IOTAS if it was listed normally

1 bitcoin has 100,000,000 satoshi, 21 millions bitcoins have 2,100,000,000,000,000 satoshis

1 MIOTA have 1,000,000 iotas, 2,779,530,283 MIOTA's have 2,779,530,283,277,761 IOTAS

It's actually easier for people than dealing with decimals.

I thought IOTA was just made for micro payments. Can someone redpill me on info that i might be missing here?

Fuck, I keep copying wrong numbers. Still, you get the point. Micro payments for automation is all you need to know.

microtransactions between your appliances. everything will be on the internet like your fridge for example. your appliances will pay for themselves and more with iota. when these things start becoming more mainstream in the next 10 years, the price will skyrocket and early adopters will be rich af.

Bean

The banking industry has came to consensus that micropayments should not be less than $0.01. Imagine self driving cars and traffic lights and everything else that will be automated will be on some sort of "payment" system. The inter automated/ai micro payment opportunity is insanely massive. How many transactions would all of the world's cars use per day if self driving and dealing with lights, other cats, etc. IOTA isn't divisible after 1 so it makes some what's else that eventually if it gets used like they plan that 1 IOTA will be the smallest denomination of payment accepted, or $0.01.

Give it to me straight, anons. How much iota will it take to make it?

2 giota for lambo status

>ternary computing for IOTA
What advantages does this have for IOTA?

Depends on how long you're willing to wait. 5-10 years? Even one gIota would do it.

all i know is that ternary has something to do with quantum computing

like one bit can be 1, 0 and something in between

or something, i read a thread on g about it once

Example
Bitcoin - $100,000
IOTA - $0.01

You had $10,000 of coins

You would have

0.001 bitcoin
1,000,000 IOTA (1 MIOTA)

I have too and it's above my head on why it's beneficial. I undemanding the Quantum proof part.

On a side note, I bought 300 MIOTA for $95 a month ago. The lite wallet is easy and fast as fuck. I haven't lost a single IOTA transferring and it's bad ass to see my the tangle work by doing the 2 transactions before mine. As fast as xrp and will only get faster with zero fee. I'm digging it. Plan on buying more when things calm down. Is waiting a few weeks a bad idea? I know it's a long time out but the multiplier opportunity is by far the best for a long term hold.

What is this long term hold thing for iota? You gain more? How does it work? I'm planning on buying like 300$ of it so I hope the price drops.

it fixes all speed and scalability issues that often plague blockchains, but it can only work for micro transactions

that's what i've heard

How much do you think it will go up? 5x?

Depends on implementation, if the developers' goals come to fruition then 5x is an extremely conservative outcome.

for the retards, this is a long term hold, but possibly the best one. IoT is huge in germany, theyre already partnered with very big companies, blockchain isnt efficient for IoT technology, they have NDA for their JINN processors. This could literally be fucking huge. But dont be a dipshit, do research

>having to seriously consider how plausible all this sounds to an average idiot who might buy into this technobabble so I can buy and dump later

retard. this is a long hold. if you think this is short term, go and buy something else. this isnt it

i want to believe, but can someone explain to me why this ternary computing shit isn't just a bunch of woo

i mean, it looks like the last viable ternary computer was made by the russians fifty years ago.

how does this make even remotely more sense than off-the-shelf (aka economy of scale) hardware?

to do this just for an obscure cryptocurrency sounds insane, imagine pitching that as the main source of value to a bunch of angel investors. at that point it starts to make sense why jinn labs is defunct, or "back in stealth mode" as you say.

same thing for most people with btc in 2009...

captha was fucking up and the first part of that comment got cut off - i meant to say:

i mean, furthermore, bringing new ternary chips to market that had a completely new instruction set would literally require them to write new compilers for C++, let alone any other meme language they want to virtue signal with like Rust or Go.

to do all of this just for an obscure cryptocurrency sounds insane, imagine pitching that as the main source of value to a bunch of angel investors.

at that point it starts to make sense why jinn labs is defunct, or "back in stealth mode" as you say. unless they're trying to revolutionize the way we compute, the value proposition makes no sense at all.
_____
new comment to (you):
no we're not just talking about some c++ code that anyone can run and start mining imaginary money, we're literally talking about bringing an entirely new chip architecture and manufacturing process to market, the implications are fucking staggering tbqh senpai, and to do that for a meme currency is the the thing that doesn't make sense

wait 10 years bro. you will see. refrigerators will be talking to each otehr and applications pay for each other with iota

i don't doubt that refrigerators will be talking to each other, i'm hopeful but skeptical that they'll use iota, but what i'm damn sure of is they won't be running some new meme chip on ternary architecture made by a nonexistent startup called jinn labs. they'll be running cheap as shit ARM chips like everything else.