What are some examples of small nations successfully invading and changing large ones?

What are some examples of small nations successfully invading and changing large ones?

1) the manchu takeover of china, formation of the Qing era.
2) Mongol conquest of Persia and China
3) Seljuk Turks against Byzantium

notice how it is the nomadic tribes that takeover fortified city cultures

>1st Congo war
>Japanese conquest of Manchuria
>Russo Japanese war
>Brititsh conquest of India

Norman invasion of England

Belgian intervention in Russia 1871-74

Luxembourg's play for the French crown

Alexander and the Persians.

>successfully invading
Britain
>changing
Europe (for the worse)

lmao what is this even, i'm belgian, well versed in history and i've never heard about it.

sometimes small man has big nuts

Your last two are bad examples. The Japanese were at the verge of losing Korea by the end of the War, and the British conquest of India was only possible through huge numbers of Indian allies aiding them.

No one said alexander yet

Did you just not read the thread?

>13 posts
>No one has even thought of Alexander

Why would that make them bad examples?

Corsica successfully invading the 1st French Republic

This deep in the thread and no mention of Alexander

>this many people ignoring the Macedonian staring them in the face

>doesn't know about the great Russo-Belgian crisis of 1871
What do they even teach you over there?

>Alexander and the Persians.
It took 6 posts for this!

DELET THIS

I think OP was talking about a small nation changing larger ones through sheer militaristic might, since he posted the Nazi's as the thread opener.
Something like is probably more of what he had in mind.

War of the Austrian Succession. Prussia was a relatively minor German state at the time and managed to defeat Austria.

>Japanese conquest of Manchuria
I thought soldiers just faked an incident and had a skirmish and then Manchukuo was created/annexed

>Manchuria
>Larger than Japan
They had a somewhat greater surface area than the empire of Japan but they were far far weaker

Any episode of the widely popular Hill People Invade Valley People series. Its really good, would recommend.

With the help of France, and Prussia was far more militarised

>Seljuks
they had almost the entire Middle East before Manzikert

The jews and USA

Everytime an Afghan warlord decided to invade Persia or India.

Sweden and Poland

Eventually the Swedes had to retreat, but they absolutely fucked up Poland, destroyed Warsaw among numerous other towns, stole everything, and got pretty far south

Poles call it The Deluge, and was around the time that Sweden was actually a European power

The Brits kicked the shit out of the Qing Empire, which had half a billion people, an army of hundreds of thousands, and the largest economy in the world, with 20,000 men and some boats.

this

also, Polish-Soviet War

the Poles had such a mishmash of units, Poles who fought for Germany, Austria-Hungary, France, and Tsarist Russia during WW1 all were united and fighting the Russians who were also busy fighting a Civil War

Dang that was a good read. I kek at the idea that, if a unified world gubbment happens at some point, all the United Earth Orbital Drop Troopers will be named Ngebi or Ktingi or some shit.

>no alexander yet

Qin conquering all the other Warring States