Any historical female warriors?

Any historical female warriors?

I mean for real, no Amazons and shit like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Hao
youtube.com/watch?v=SHKjOl9ocR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aethelflaed Lady of Mercia, daughter of Alfred and slayer of Danes.

Good lass

There are real Amazons. They give their boy babies to local tribes, keeping only the women. They are short, fat, and disgusting.

Joan of Arc and Boudicca come to mind. There were also Vietnamese twin sisters that lead a guerilla war against China in the middle ages, but I can't tell if that's legend or history (probably some combination).

But in general, since old battles involved a great deal of strength, particularly upper body strength, it made little sense to use women as warriors. Today the difference between men and women in combat is lessened with gunpowder, tanks, drones, etc.

Individual women fought, both in their own right and (more usually) disguised as boys, but an actual company of women warriors is pure myth, for reasons that should be obvious (hint: women are physically weaker than men).

Unmarried Sarmatian women apparently rode to war with their men. Roman and Greek writers said so, and some graves of Sarmatian women were found to have had weapons in them. So it may be true, but then again its not proof. Also consider greco-roman sources have also claimed that the Sarmatians are a people descended from Amazons who married Scythians.

Is that Ivana Sugar?

Sure looks like Ivana Sugar.

Some samurai women went on campaigns, before the chinese confucian cucking of japanese culture. Many of them just knew how to fight to guard their homes though, both before and after confucianism relegated women to only staying at home.

This.

Also, female samurai commited Sudoku by stabbing their throats with this wicked sharp dagger instead of disemboweling like the men.

Dahomey Amazons.

The king improved his budget by merging the royal guard with his harem.

>female samurai commited Sudoku

hownew.ru

Brienne of Tarth

Scythian and Sarmatian women are the only societies I can recall having definitive evidence of regular warrior women. Chinese, Japs and other Asians also occasionally had special instances of women becoming involved in war, such as Hua Mulan, Princess Pingyang, Onna-bugeisha, ect.

>real Amazons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons

Fu Hao (simplified Chinese: 妇好; traditional Chinese: 婦好; pinyin: Fù Hǎo; died c. 1200 BC) or Lady Hao, posthumously Mu Xin (母辛), and sometimes Lady Fu Hao, was one of the many wives of King Wu Ding of the Shang dynasty and, unusually for that time, also served as a military general and high priestess.[1]

Her tomb was unearthed at Yinxu, by archaeologist Zheng Zhenxiang[2][3] intact with treasures such as bronzes and jades. Inside the pit was evidence of a wooden chamber 5 meters long, 3.5 m wide and 1.3 m high containing a lacquered wooden coffin that has since completely disintegrated.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Hao

Ching shih
Tomyris
Tomoe
Zenobia

Just to name a few

>Joan of Arc

never fought in battle

Queen of Jhansi ,Laxmibai KIA.

Untrue, she was captured with the sword of a slain Burgundian in her hand and was captures bevause she was the last to leave the field. She also lead a charge at Orleans.

She claims she never killed, there are no significant accounts that she did, and she often carried a blunt sword until she broke that shit over a prostitute. And she certainly wasn't kept around for her combat strength; her value was as a commander.

It could be accurate to say she was not a warrior, but to say she never fought in battle is decidedly untrue.

>Untrue, she was captured with the sword of a slain Burgundian in her hand and was captures bevause she was the last to leave the field. She also lead a charge at Orleans

Source?

Strange because every single source I have read mentions her being nothing but a cheerleader.

Cheerleaders don't take crossbow bolts to the thigh while they're trying to storm across a moat (Siege of Paris 1429)

Adelitas in mexican revolution.

>she will never demand you to delet something

Source on the Burgundian's Sword and the circumstances of her capture is the transcripts of Joan of Arc's trial.

Source if the seige of Orleans is any reasonable account of the Siege of Orleans.

>I mean for real, no Amazons and shit like that.
The amazons are basically the only real historical women warriors though, mostly because they rode and fought with archery from horseback.

What sources? I can think of maybe one prominent non-fiction source that would suggest this. A retarded one, but that's it.

I'm genuinely curious, not trying to call you out. The contemporary records of her seem pretty damn decisive about this but if there's some reasonable theory about why they're false or conflicting records I'm not aware of I'm curious to read them.

I don't even know what the original act is called anymore.

The queen of Jhansi

Bella Abzug
Ti Grace Atkinson
Susan Brownmiller
Gerald Ford
Betty Friedan
Carol Gilligan
Germaine Greer
Kate Millett
Gloria Steinem

Seppuku. user wasn't far off, I just had a chuckle.

I don't mean this as an insult per se, but you outed yourself as new as fuck

Dahomey had real warrior women. It's unclear whether they were actually any good beyond warming the king's bed, but they were trained (internally) and received the best available equipment.

I DO mean to insult you. Go back to wherever you came from, you worthless sack of shit, aids, and fail.

??
radical feminist and a president is obviously not what OP was asking for

HAHAHAH. These were greater warriors than any "man."

I love Veeky Forums.

These woman have real courage and strength, they were warriors against a oppressive system.

Artemisia I of Caria.

>Journalist
>Kicked out of Spain by Nationalists
>Ran from France from the Nazis
>Ran from the Dominican Republic

youtube.com/watch?v=SHKjOl9ocR0
>tfw lyudmila pavlichenko will never beat me up
Why even live